#1 Posted by Aegon (5419 posts) -

#2 Posted by GunstarRed (5044 posts) -

Clank

#3 Posted by Cowmeat (142 posts) -

Enjoyed both.

#4 Posted by Epidehl (285 posts) -

Played both of these games pretty extensively, but I always preferred Ratchet. I've also stuck with Ratchet (mostly) since the original "trilogies", whereas I haven't touched a Jak game since Jak 3.

#5 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

I enjoyed Ratchet & Clank way more then Jaks games.

#6 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1698 posts) -

I love both series, but Jak is where it's at. The stories in Jak 2 and 3 are fantastic.

#7 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5122 posts) -

I'm more of a Jak fan but I think that Up Your Arsenal is better than Jak 1 and 2.

#8 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

What little I've played of the Ratchet games, really didn't care for it at all.

#9 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Jak.

#10 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Ratchet & Clank were always my preferred series, although that isn't to say I dislike Jak & Daxter.

#11 Posted by Iodine (543 posts) -

I only played the PS2 games of each series, but I liked the Jak games more (even though I LOATHED Daxter after the first game)

#12 Posted by WarlockEngineerMoreDakka (432 posts) -

Tough choice- I enjoyed what I played of both series.

That said, with Jak I never went any further than Jak 2, and with Ratchet I stopped at Up Your Arsenal- until I ended up getting All 4 One in a PS3 Black Friday bundle last year. So I certainly haven't brought myself to be thorough with either franchise.

#13 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -

I like both of those games.

#14 Edited by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -

I like both of those games. First Jak game was fucking awesome and two was really cool but had some frustrating problems. Haven't played three yet. And I've always liked Ratchet, and that Crack In Time game was SO GOOD. Probably one of my favorite PS3 games.

#15 Posted by Aegon (5419 posts) -

@MetalGearSunny said:

I like both of those games. First Jak game was fucking awesome and two was really cool but had some frustrating problems. Haven't played three yet. And I've always liked Ratchet, and that Crack In Time game was SO GOOD. Probably one of my favorite PS3 games.

Crack in Time was indeed very good. Tied with UYA for my fave in the series.

#16 Edited by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -

@Aegon said:

@MetalGearSunny said:

Crack in Time was indeed very good. Tied with UYA for my fave in the series.

Yeah, I played Up Your Arsenal a lot when I was a kid.

Edit: Or well, you know, when I was younger.

#17 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -

I always really wanted to try out those Sly Cooper games, though, I never got the chance to. Maybe someday.

#18 Posted by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

I hated my initial experience with Ratchet. It came off too easy, the platforming wasn't that great, and the weapons felt too simple...thankfully the good sense of humor carried me through the issues I had and I ended up loving the game. None of my problems with the game ever went away but once I started upgrading the weapons I began to have a lot of fun. The sounds of explosions and hundreds of gears being collected is really satisfying and upgrading the weapons to their max was paced just right. Once the weapons themselves were upgraded, then came the fun of messing around and seeing the new features and by the time I was done with that the game was over. Right now I'm debating how much I want quest for booty and/or the HD-ified trilogy.

#19 Posted by Evikull (60 posts) -

I've tried getting into Ratchet a few times but just couldn't. I almost bought the Ratchet trilogy but didn't do it in the end. Maybe another day I'll try again.

I played the Jak games (1 and 2, have yet to play 3) and just found them very enjoyable.

Except the vehicle missions. Fuck that noise.

#20 Posted by evanbower (1210 posts) -

They both work for the era that they come from, but seem like characters that could go away at this point.

#21 Posted by Bawlsz (84 posts) -

I enjoyed them both, but I always enjoyed Ratchet more, but recently played both HD remasters and Ratchet and Clank definitely aged allot better than the Jak Series.

#22 Posted by JackSukeru (5906 posts) -

I liked them both and all, but always had a preference for Jak since the changes seemed less incremental and more ambitious with each game. Still I played up to Jak 3 and even Combat Racing, but never touched Daxter or that other one they did after that. I really liked that they took their story more seriously at the time but, looking back at it now, it was a little too obviously "darker & edgier" 'cus I dunno "darker and edgier!!".

Also while a have looked at the Ratchet series as a bit stagnant for quite some time I also can't deny that I really enjoyed playing A Crack in Time, that's just a really well made game. So while I will always think more fondly of the Jak series I don't know if I'd be interested in ever revisiting it, due to how the latest entries have been and also how my interests have shifted since first playing them.

#23 Posted by ShadowKing7 (753 posts) -

I love both series, but if I had to pick one, I'd go with Ratchet. It's just so much fun in the Ratchet games running through planets with some crazy weapons and blowing the shit out of everything.

#24 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

I voted for mute Jak. Talking Jak bothered me a bit with all of his angst.

#25 Posted by DarthOrange (3852 posts) -

Jak and Daxter all day everyday! 

#26 Posted by believer258 (11681 posts) -

I liked both a whole lot. Ultimately, I think the Ratchet games hold up better but the Jak games were what I liked better at the time.

#27 Posted by MegaLombax (384 posts) -

Ratchet all the way.

#28 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2313 posts) -

I have more memories with the Jak games so I'm gonna say that. I'm playing through the Ratchet Collection though and those are still damn fine games.

#29 Posted by Video_Game_King (36088 posts) -
Jacket
#30 Posted by spankingaddict (2659 posts) -

Sly

#31 Posted by Blackout62 (1331 posts) -

Ratchet. When it came down to OPM reviews of the yearly installment of each game series Ratchet always came out ahead. Also, dude, Lava Gun. But only the Up Your Arsenal Lava Gun that became the Liquid Nitrogen Gun, the Meteor Gun from Going Commando can burn!

#32 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

I liked the first Jak game but I found the sequels to be too repetitive and frustrating. Ratchet is just a really solid shooter.

#33 Posted by MocBucket62 (1159 posts) -

Ratchet all the way! Jak may be a better written series, but gameplay wise Ratchet seems better.

#34 Posted by bartok (2430 posts) -

Easily Ratchet. The later Jak games had too many gimmick levels. I think the third game had more gimmick levels then actual platforming levels.

#35 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I enjoyed both of course but I thought Jak was better, Jak 3 being one of my favorite games ever. 

Also I can't play the new R&C games at all, I tried playing Quest for Booty at least ten times but I just can't, don't really know what's wrong. 

#36 Posted by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

I've always been a Jak fan. First set of games I played when I got my ps2.

#37 Posted by 49th (2697 posts) -

Jak is in the lead as it should be.

#38 Posted by Hunter5024 (5552 posts) -

I never played any of Ratchet's ps2 games so I had to choose Jak by default, but I think a Crack in Time is better than any Jak game, that's not really a fair comparison though because there are no current gen Jaks. If this is a question of Insomniac vs Naughty Dog, than Naughty Dog wins hands down.

#39 Posted by oldenglishC (922 posts) -

Voodoo Vince.

#40 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2214 posts) -

Neither I pick Sly.

#41 Posted by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

Jak. Ohh Jak, a hundred times Jak.

(I also like Daxter better than Clank)

#42 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I'm a little surprised to see Jak winning as I always though R&C was more popular. I prefer R&C personally and I think the gameplay has aged better. That said I loved the Jak games (Jak 2 in particular) and I think Naughty Dog took a really ambitious approach to the series.

#43 Posted by Chontamenti (153 posts) -

I enjoyed only the first Jak-Game. It is brilliant, and I like the humor in this game till this day!

By the time Jak 2 and 3 came along, they felt like hard tried copies of Ratched at that point! The weapon use and selection were better at the Ratched games, though the first Ratched was a copy of the first Jak ... in my opinion at least. O.o

in conclusion:

Jak -> Just the fist Game!

Ratched - > Part 1-3

But I have my reasons.

#44 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

D. I never cared for ether.

#45 Posted by Sean2206 (264 posts) -

I voted B but on more thought I enjoyed both series a lot and agree more with C, except for the racing Jak game it felt really limited and pointless.