jakob187's Annual Black Friday Game Deal Thread (2012 Edition)

• 104 results
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DystopiaX

Only thing I'm really looking for is a deal on a vita, otherwise looking at steam for game sales

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By jakob187

@DystopiaX: The Vita bundles with Black Ops Declassified might be what you are looking for...if the prices are what you are looking for.

@Solh0und: Shit, Forza Horizon for $15.00? Sell that bitch back to Gamestop for $33 in trade-in right now! THAT'S PROFIT, SIR!

CannibalClown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By CannibalClown

And this is why I don't buy any game on Day 1 during the last 4-5 months of the year. Borderlands 2, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and Dishonored for $25 apiece? Yes, please! I just wish Walmart was selling the XBox 360 Holiday Bundle advertised in the Best Buy ad. (And I have to believe the Walmart PS3 deal is a typo, because that bundle is supposed to be exactly what Best Buy is selling: 250GB with both Uncharted 1&2 Dual Pack and the inFamous Collection).

brandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By brandino

My debit card is loaded onto amazon.com, bestbuy.com, walmart.com and target.com

I am ready for Black Friday. Don't see the point in risking getting stabbed, pushed, hit or trampled to get a cheap TV, game etc. when you can just buy it all online.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#55  Edited By musubi

Forza Horizon for $15 is absolute madness

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#56  Edited By Little_Socrates

Well, shit. Now there's a choice. I guess it's midnight run to Best Buy for $30-35 ACIII, then later run to Wal-Mart for $15 Max Payne 3, Forza Horizon, and Spec Ops?

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By recroulette

Even better, those Walmart sales are at 8pm Thanksgiving night plenty of time to get in and out before the craziness over TVs and other stuff happens.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By fr0br0

Mario Kart for the ORIGINAL DS is more expensive than Skyrim at Walmart. Wut.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By kermoosh

awesome, i was hoping xcom would be on sale, and for only $25 at walmart.

now i hope i can get halo 4 for a few bucks off, even though it just came out

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By Flappy

That BestBuy Vita bundle is looking mighty appealing right about now. Thank you for the research, .

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jakob187

UPDATED WITH TARGET AD!

Kind of disappointed in Target's sales. They were killer last year. This year, it's just too much of that gift card business.

Still waiting on the Gamestop ad. That's the one I'm holding out some hope for, as last year, it was THE place to go for games.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By VoshiNova

I must thank you for making this a thing - it's infinitely useful

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#63  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Those are some pretty great bundles Best Buy is offering for anyone interested in a console purchase.

I'm always traveling around during that week, so I never do any in store shopping, but I'll be checking Amazon on my phone constantly that entire week.

two_socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By two_socks

Great list duder, thanks a ton!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By mike

@Shookems: @HistoryInRust: @jakob187: Toys R Us is going to have Xbox 360 Wireless controllers for $29.99 and Dual Shock 3's for $32.99. They're also running their typical buy one game, get one for $1 promotion.

Oh and Jakob...if you happen to see a deal on a 32" Vizio Smart TV can you drop me a line, please? I want to get one for my mom. I'm looking for the M320SL one, the edge lit razor thin LED LCD. They're about $360 on Amazon with free shipping currently...if I could get one for around $300 that would be amazing.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By LarryDavis

@jakob187 said:

UPDATED WITH TARGET AD!

Kind of disappointed in Target's sales. They were killer last year. This year, it's just too much of that gift card business.

Still waiting on the Gamestop ad. That's the one I'm holding out some hope for, as last year, it was THE place to go for games.

10 dollars for a 1600 MSP card is pretty kickass.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By living4theday258

$35 for turtle beach headphones? I've never had a pair, but I've heard they're good maybe ill get a set.

Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Shookems

@SuperJoe: I kind of have a feeling that $15 for forza horizon is some sort of mistake. It would make sense for Forza 4, but horizon was JUST released. Incredible deal though, if it's real.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jakob187

@Shookems: $15 for Forza Horizon is not a mistake. My cousin works at Wal-Mart. Confirmed the price with him.

@MB: I don't really care for posting up the Toys 'R' Us ad in the OP solely because there aren't any deals with it beyond "yo, buy 1 and get 1 for $1". That's the dumbest fucking sale ever, right? As for the TV, I know the following things when it comes to Vizio sales this year:

• 60" Vizio Smart TV (120Hz) is $688 at Wal-Mart on Black Friday (which HOLY FUCK that's insane!)
  • 47" Vizio Smart TV 3D (120Hz) is $648 at Sam's Club on Black Friday

Those are the two best bets when it comes to the Vizio Smart TVs on Black Friday aside from online shopping as far as I can tell. I do know this: we recently got one of the 120Hz Smart TVs here at work to replace a three-year old Vizio screen. It's a 42", not the super slim one you are talking about. However, HOLY SHIT THAT THING IS GORGEOUS! The picture is so goddamn crisp and the 120Hz just makes every game run so nice. Halo 4...man, the frame rate is so fucking nice. It will catch a hitch of frame rate lag every once in a while, but overall, I'm thoroughly impressed with it. Pretty sure we paid, like, $450 or so for it? Can't remember.

Good luck on finding the TV, though. I highly recommend those fuckers.

@living4theday258: My co-worker has a pair of Turtle Beach headphones. Can't remember which model, but he swears by them. Literally won't use any other headset. You do need to know, however, that they require a power source. Luckily, they have a USB port on them that you can plug into most modern mini-USB phone chargers, then plug into the wall with that. It does NOT come with a power source otherwise.

Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Shookems

@jakob187: Did your cousin mention what the stock might be like? I plan on swinging by walmart a few hours after they open the doors. Not trying to get trampled.

Jackhole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#72  Edited By Jackhole

Is the PS3 at Wal-Mart 160 GB or 250 GB? When I go to the ad here and go to page 4-5, click on the PS3, and the click "See More Details" it says 250 GB. But on this ad scan it says 160 GB. Any insight?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#73  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

It's not a Black Friday sale, but Amazon has Radiant Historia listed for $16 and is Prime eligible. No idea for how long, but it's worth a look.

brandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By brandino

@SuperJoe said:

@Brandino: The catch is that most of these deals are in-store only.

Damn, Forza Horizon for $15 at Walmart. Also saw on their website Brave Blu-ray+DVD combo for $8.96 but that's gonna sellout quick. Worried about the size of the crowds at 8pm though. Last year at 3am the line into Best Buy wrapped around the store into the loading docks, not to mention the line to the cash register.

Usually it's only the early bird stuff and even then most stores match it.

Last year every single deal in the ads were online and almost every store PM'd another not to mention Amazon. All the blu-ray/DVD deals from last year i bought them all from walmart.com, target.com, bestbuy.com etc. with free shipping.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jakob187

@Shookems said:

@jakob187: Did your cousin mention what the stock might be like? I plan on swinging by walmart a few hours after they open the doors. Not trying to get trampled.

They have not received the stock yet (won't get any until next week around Wednesday), but based on my experiences in the past couple of years with Wal-Mart and the electronics section...

...I would be lining up.

@Jackhole: From what the ad that I found through my typical online source plus the one I got in my own local newspaper, it lists the 160GB. However, I know that the holiday bundle this year is a 250GB. Wal-Mart is the only place I've found that has this crazy 160GB one with ONLY Uncharted 1 and Infamous 1? Nah, I'm thinking that is false. However, the ads I've seen say otherwise, so I cannot be sure.

I would still say to go to Best Buy if you are looking for that deal. Not only do you get a great deal, but Best Buy is usually WAAAAAAAY more tame and WAAAAAAAAAAAY more organized about their Black Friday. Their reps are actually outside, going through the line, saying "which thing are you here for? here's a ticket, you'll go here and do this and get this and go there". I mean, those fuckers are like Olympic gold medalists at Black Friday, it's amazing to watch them. At least that's how our local Best Buy is, but I'm in a town of about 200,000 people...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jakob187

All I know is this: if Guild Wars 2 doesn't end up on sale somewhere, my girlfriend is going to be PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSED. She missed the Green Man Gaming sale a few days/weeks ago, and I fear for my life on Black Friday. I might be able to pacify her with an iPad.

Be right back. Need to go look up iPad Black Friday stuff. >_>

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77  Edited By rachelepithet

Looks like Walmarts my go to again this year. They meet and exceed everything the other guys offer, at least for the games I'm interested in. Need for speed, borderlands 2, lbp karting, max payne 3, twisted metal, Gta 4 complete, dead island goty. Battlefield premium, and like last year, a lot of unadvertised ones.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#78  Edited By mike

@jakob187: Yeah, I have an XVT553SV at home and it is an amazing TV. Full LED backlit, not edge.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#79  Edited By recroulette

A couple of sites are selling 3DSXL bundles that are Pink and White (twotone, as in one system with both pink and white). I highly doubt Nintendo would just keep them exclusive to niche online shopping sites, so those might get out there somewhere. The places that had them for sale were Gilt and the Home Shopping Network's website. Yep. THAT Home Shopping Network. 

So...if a Pink system is your thing, keep an eye out.

icytower38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#80  Edited By icytower38

Stores opening on Thanksgiving Day really need to rethink their business model, it's just sad to think that a holiday like Thanksgiving is not important anymore I mean how long before they open Christmas or stay open later Christmas eve. I'd think about the 3DS bundle at BB or Target but I WILL NEVER wait in one of those crazy ass lines. I always just wait and see what Amazon is doing anyway.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jakob187

Gamestop STILL hasn't released their ad. They are really dropping the ball on this one right now.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By jakob187

UPDATED!

Hastings AND Gamestop ad are in here now.

Gamestop is holding right alongside Wal-Mart on sales. Black Ops 2 included with the 250GB 360 bundle. Cheap prices on games. Buy two get one free on all pre-owned games. If I had the excessive amount of money I would want to spend there, I'd be there again this year. As it stands, I think I'm hitting up Hastings though.

Also, Gamestop seems to be the only place that has sales on Wii U and Vita games. It's not on a lot of them, but still.

icytower38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By icytower38

My mom just gave me a huge list of game stuff, and her Kmart list was a bit weird. There ad says they are having 3 groupings of sales:

Thursday, Friday & Saturday

• Xbox Live 3-Month Card - $12.99
  • Xbox 360 wireless controller - $39.99
  • Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (Xbox 360) - $9.99
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360) - $14.99
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360) - $29.99
  • Dance Central 3 (Xbox 360) - $29.99
  • Dishonored (Xbox 360) - $29.99
  • Fable the Journey (Xbox 360) - $29.99
  • Kinect Sports Complete Collection (Xbox 360) - $29.99
  • Skylanders Giants Starter Pack (Xbox 360/PS3/Wii/3DS)- $49.99
  • Skylanders Giants Triple Pack - $19.99
  • Skylanders Giants Lightcore Characters - $9.99

Thursday 6AM-4PM

• Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle (includes Disneyland Adventures and Kinect Adventures) - $199.99 ($219.99 after 4PM)
  • Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition (Xbox 360) - $19.99
  • Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360/PS3) - $34.99
  • FIFA 13 (Xbox 360/PS3) - $39.99
  • Forza Horizon (Xbox 360) - $39.99
  • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (Xbox 360/PS3) - $17.99
  • L.A. Noire (Xbox 360) - $8.99
  • Madden 13 (Xbox 360/PS3) - $39.99
  • Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360) - $8.99
  • Medal of Honor Warfighter (Xbox 360/PS3) - $39.99
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Xbox 360/PS3) - $39.99

Thursday 8PM-Friday 3AM

• DSi Handheld - $94.99 ($79.99 for Shop Your Way Members)
  • Wii Console - $129.99
  • LEGO Batman (Wii) - $14.99 (DS version also may be on sale)
  • LEGO Batman 2 (Wii) - $14.99 (DS version also may be on sale)
  • LEGO Battles (DSi) - $14.99
  • LEGO Battles: Ninjago (DSi) - $14.99
  • LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Wii) - $14.99 (DS/360 versions also may be on sale)
  • LEGO Lord of the Rings (DSi) - $14.99
  • Super Scribblenauts (DSi) - $14.99

Friday 5AM-11AM

• Nintendo 3DS Bundle (includes Super Mario Land 3D) - $169.99
  • Assassin's Creed 2 - $14.99
  • Fallout 3 GOTY Edition (Xbox 360) - $14.99
  • FIFA Soccer 13 (Xbox 360/PS3) - $39.99
  • Madden 13 (Xbox 360/PS3) - $39.99
  • Mario Kart 7 (3DS) - $29.99
  • Medal of Honor Warfighter (Xbox 360/PS3) - $39.99
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Xbox 360/PS3) - $39.99
  • Sonic Generations (Xbox 360) - $14.99
  • Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS) - $29.99
  • Super Mario Land 3D (3DS) - $29.99

Can not get image 4 to process, but in my images if someone desires to look

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#84  Edited By Kerned

I really want to get that 3DS bundle but I am uninterested in spending any time in any retail location this weekend. I wonder if anyone will make that available online...

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#85  Edited By Sackmanjones

Can we get a mod to anchor this thread till Black Friday is over?

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#86  Edited By Little_Socrates

There's also the Amazon lightning sales, which are detailed here and begin today.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#87  Edited By dethfish

Hey guys, I bought Forza Horizon for $15 from the Microsoft store. Also got a 3 month XBL code for $12.99. Bad thing is they've charged me but I haven't gotten a conformation email yet. It's been well over an hour now. I've never used their website before so I don't know if it normally takes this long.

Maybe you should add the Microsoft store sales to the original post. Here's their games and console sales. They also have other Microsoft products on sale, but that's probably not relevant to this topic. Looks like they were selling AC3 for $24.99 but their sold out now.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#88  Edited By Marino  Staff

@Sackmanjones: Yuuuuup.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#90  Edited By dethfish

@SuperJoe: I was contemplating going to Wal-mart as well. So glad I don't have to now.

I also used my xbox email address, but I just got the email about 30 minutes ago. Not sure why.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#91  Edited By Justin258

I saw Amazon selling AC3 on 360 for $34.99. I also bought a pair of Turtle Beach X12 headphones for $34.99, same price Best Buy was selling them for.

By the way, Amazon seems to be selling a lot of stuff for cheap.

hyperfludd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#92  Edited By hyperfludd

Not much for me this year, I kinda blew most of my spare money on Wii U. X COM is super tempting though..

In the end I might just pick up a new usb flash stick and a wii remote charger at radioshack.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#93  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I picked up the 3DS bundle from Best Buy.

It was $10 less than the regular price and it comes with Super Mario 3D Land. All in all, a great deal.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By jakob187

WELL SHIT!

I was MIA today doing Thanksgiving, and it turns out this bitch got anchored! WOOT and also HOT DAMN!

As for updating the thread, it's like I said in previous posts: this is a guide that I do every year specifically for retail stores. It's basically a way for me to help those that aren't shopping online to go "hey, that's the place I'm heading" so they can plan their shit out before taking off.

I saw the Microsoft Store deals. Fucking nuts! Unfortunately, because of some complications (like my roommate aka brother not getting me our fucking rent money this week on time), I am not going to be doing any Black Friday shopping beyond picking up a wired Xbox 360 controller so I can start playing some muthafuckin' Dark Souls online. I mean, he paid me the money TODAY, so I have it in my pocket, and I already got rent covered without that money. Therefore, I COULD pick up some other stuff if it tickles my fancy.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#95  Edited By Marino  Staff

Picked up Forza Horizon, Dance Central 3, and Fable The Journey for $15 each on the MS Store deals. And the Sly Collection for $10 on Amazon.

Gonna try to get the Ratchet Collection at midnight and maybe WWE 13 tomorrow.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#96  Edited By lego_my_eggo

Just got dishonored and need for speed for $25 each on the amazon lightning deals, and will be grabbing some more on Fridays lightning deals. Amazon seems to have most games listed here that i want price matched, and even better deals if it shows up in the lightning deals, so thankfully i don't have to go out to a real store and deal with the crazy people.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By rachelepithet

Just got back from Walmart. Bought duplicates at $25 of all the big games I had already got at full price in the past 30 days. Will return the new unopened ones tomorrow with original $60 receipts. That profit, in turn, pays for the $150 white 360 with sky landers I picked up. Selling the stupid sky landers game on Craigslist for $60-70 bucks makes it an $80-$90 Xbox console, albeit one without the hard drive or kinect. They WERE, however, out of the 700 thread count sheets and pillow cases I needed :-( ha. And I passed on Little Big Planet Karting and Twisted Metal. They're two prime candidates for ps+ freebies, and two more racing games I wouldn't have time for after Forza and Need For Speed. Passed on 2K13 after Vinn & Jeff's meh quick look. Passed on BF3 Premium for Black Ops 1 & 2.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@boocreepyfootdoctor said:
Just got back from Walmart. Bought duplicates at $25 of all the big games I had already got at full price in the past 30 days. Will return the new unopened ones tomorrow with original $60 receipts. That profit, in turn, pays for the $150 white 360 with sky landers I picked up. Selling the stupid sky landers game on Craigslist for $60-70 bucks makes it an $80-$90 Xbox console, albeit one without the hard drive or kinect. They WERE, however, out of the 700 thread count sheets and pillow cases I needed :-( ha. And I passed on Little Big Planet Karting and Twisted Metal. They're two prime candidates for ps+ freebies, and two more racing games I wouldn't have time for after Forza and Need For Speed. Passed on 2K13 after Vinn & Jeff's meh quick look. Passed on BF3 Premium for Black Ops 1 & 2.
Thats...really scummy of you. 
sissylion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By sissylion

@boocreepyfootdoctor said:

Hot tip: Don't admit to committing a crime while in the process of committing it

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By strainedeyes

Bought Sleeping Dogs for 360 for $25 from Amazon earlier today. That was really the only game I was keeping an eye out for.