January games, news and other stuff.

lukos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

Edited By lukos

So the first month of 2013 is ending and I decided to talk about the games that I played in January, I'll try and make this a regular post were I talk about the games I played and news I find important to talk.

First of all some news related to the first post, I’ve gone through the attic and I found my old consoles, the bad news about it is that my PlayStation is missing the cables, controllers and memory card, I’ve also didn’t find a game for my Fake SNES that I had a story about it, I will write the story on a post about the FSNES but I would like to have the game so I could show you.

Now, here is the list of games I played and my thoughts about them:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown:

I’ve finished my first playthrough and it was a complete fail, I lost support from 8 countries and in consequence lost the game, it’s cool that you have a game over like this. Usually games end when you are successful at them and not when you sucked and were incapable to stop the alien invasion. I’ve started my second playthrough and is going much better, the key for it, I started to invest in satellite uplinks and satellites from the beginning. I’m love XCOM but my second playthrough is going slow, but I will win the war against “alien terrorism”.

FTL: Faster Than Light:

FTL is my “I’ve got little time to play a game right now, but I need to pay a game” game, I’ll usually do a run or two, depending on the time I survive. It’s my 30 minute game session I do often. The further I’ve been was sector 5 and it wasn’t even my best ship and crew. I’ve got to learn not to get cocky when I’ve got 3 crew members, a repair Droid and 3 full powered weapons and just accept the surrender of a pirate ship when they offered, I should have learned from that experience, but I didn’t. Also I love the music, sometimes I’ll boot the game so I can hear the menu music for a while.

Terraria:

I bought this game on a Steam sale for less than 2€, that’s about 3 dollars, and I’ve played a little usually I play it while I’m watching GiantBomb videos. My problem with it is that I’m not creative enough to build a shelter that I like, I just have a box that I go to at night and by day I explore the world. Haven’t play much so I don’t know exactly if I like it or not.

Sleeping Dogs:

This is my game of January, despite the late purchase ( I bought it on a Steam sale, it was 50% off, days later it was 75% off goddamn you Steam). I’ve played every day since I bought it, I manage to play it on extreme graphics and the game looks so good, the lights of the city at night, the wet floor, and everything looks so good. It’s an awesome good looking game. As for the game itself, I’m enjoying the story, the balance between the cop life and the triad life is accomplished very well, the combat is rewarding and not button mashing and it as all an open world game needs to have. When I finish it I will try to write a small review about it.

So those were the games I’ve played this month, I haven’t bought any games that were released recently but I’m thinking about buying DmC Devil May Cry and/or Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, the last one looks especially awesome. I would like to write about THQ but this post is getting too long, again, so I just said that I feel bad about the people that have lost their jobs but happy some of the games and companies were bought, and bought by the right companies, but more on that later (maybe).

See you soon.

lukos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By lukos

So the first month of 2013 is ending and I decided to talk about the games that I played in January, I'll try and make this a regular post were I talk about the games I played and news I find important to talk.

First of all some news related to the first post, I’ve gone through the attic and I found my old consoles, the bad news about it is that my PlayStation is missing the cables, controllers and memory card, I’ve also didn’t find a game for my Fake SNES that I had a story about it, I will write the story on a post about the FSNES but I would like to have the game so I could show you.

Now, here is the list of games I played and my thoughts about them:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown:

I’ve finished my first playthrough and it was a complete fail, I lost support from 8 countries and in consequence lost the game, it’s cool that you have a game over like this. Usually games end when you are successful at them and not when you sucked and were incapable to stop the alien invasion. I’ve started my second playthrough and is going much better, the key for it, I started to invest in satellite uplinks and satellites from the beginning. I’m love XCOM but my second playthrough is going slow, but I will win the war against “alien terrorism”.

FTL: Faster Than Light:

FTL is my “I’ve got little time to play a game right now, but I need to pay a game” game, I’ll usually do a run or two, depending on the time I survive. It’s my 30 minute game session I do often. The further I’ve been was sector 5 and it wasn’t even my best ship and crew. I’ve got to learn not to get cocky when I’ve got 3 crew members, a repair Droid and 3 full powered weapons and just accept the surrender of a pirate ship when they offered, I should have learned from that experience, but I didn’t. Also I love the music, sometimes I’ll boot the game so I can hear the menu music for a while.

Terraria:

I bought this game on a Steam sale for less than 2€, that’s about 3 dollars, and I’ve played a little usually I play it while I’m watching GiantBomb videos. My problem with it is that I’m not creative enough to build a shelter that I like, I just have a box that I go to at night and by day I explore the world. Haven’t play much so I don’t know exactly if I like it or not.

Sleeping Dogs:

This is my game of January, despite the late purchase ( I bought it on a Steam sale, it was 50% off, days later it was 75% off goddamn you Steam). I’ve played every day since I bought it, I manage to play it on extreme graphics and the game looks so good, the lights of the city at night, the wet floor, and everything looks so good. It’s an awesome good looking game. As for the game itself, I’m enjoying the story, the balance between the cop life and the triad life is accomplished very well, the combat is rewarding and not button mashing and it as all an open world game needs to have. When I finish it I will try to write a small review about it.

So those were the games I’ve played this month, I haven’t bought any games that were released recently but I’m thinking about buying DmC Devil May Cry and/or Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, the last one looks especially awesome. I would like to write about THQ but this post is getting too long, again, so I just said that I feel bad about the people that have lost their jobs but happy some of the games and companies were bought, and bought by the right companies, but more on that later (maybe).

See you soon.