#1 Posted by MKSKILLZ16 (130 posts) -

First and foremost I don't have much in the complaint department about the site, I enjoy everything about it, and I don't want to alter the nature of any of the content on the site. However, I'd really like to be able to watch all of the jar time videos Jeff does, but I just don't have enough time to watch over an hour of him talking (I'm usually doing other stuff). So I was thinking that it would be great to have this available as a podcast or something that is in an audio format because I don't really need to watch him say words, I just want to hear what he has to say. Video is quite time and battery consuming, but I feel it would be more convenient to be able to just listen to his show as opposed to having to sit in front of a screen or carry around my ipod touch and have it's battery sucked. I loved the Nintendownload Express, and I think Jar-Time would be a great show to put in that feed or as a separate download. I'm not too in the know about how video and audio recording is accomplished, but I think it would be cool to have that option. Anyone else have ideas or thoughts or knowledge of this being discussed in the past?

#2 Posted by Nightriff (5085 posts) -

Since you're premium, download the videos and rip the audio, you could do that. Probably would take more time than actually watching it but that is a solution. Considering doing that now....

#3 Posted by takua108 (1479 posts) -

If you're on Android, use MX Player, and in the settings enable video playback even when the screen's off. That's what I do.

#4 Posted by Pezen (1604 posts) -

Considering their videos download to iPhone's "podcast" app from the subscriber video feed,I found it keeps playing with the screen off which ends up really useful if I want to just listen to something they have in video and be able to watch the video also if needed.

#5 Posted by Levius (1140 posts) -

I too would love an audio version, but I think Jeff has said a couple of times that he sees it video feature only, so we won't get an "official" Jar Time podcast anytime soon.

#6 Posted by IanYarborough (152 posts) -

@Nightriff: This is exactly what I do. Download the iPhone version, open it in Quicktime and export it as on audio-only file. After that, I push it into iTunes, tag it as a podcast and enjoy the fuck out of it. Not sure what the Windows or Linux equivalents would be, but it's dead-simple in OSX and takes less than five minutes.

#7 Posted by Stete (738 posts) -

If youre using android you can use tinyplayer, it's an audio only app so you wont have to hassle with ripping and converting.

#8 Posted by ajamafalous (11999 posts) -
But then how would you be able to see Jeff drinking water from a jar?! The entire premise of the feature would be ruined.
#9 Posted by Nightriff (5085 posts) -

@ajamafalous: Does he even drink from it that often?

#10 Posted by FLStyle (4707 posts) -

From Jeff's Tumblr

http://jeffgerstmann.tumblr.com/

Not doing it. We post audio things and video things. Video of audio things and audio of video things ain’t my thing.

#11 Posted by Zaccheus (1794 posts) -

I have downloaded and ripped the audio few times. It's not really a big deal. Usually I like to watch Jeff and the Jar.

#12 Posted by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

I just put it on and do something else. I would feel kinda creepy just watching one frame of a dude in his bedroom talking to me.

#13 Posted by ajamafalous (11999 posts) -
@Nightriff said:

@ajamafalous: Does he even drink from it that often?

I'd wager an average of 1-2 times per question, which is quite a bit considering he usually does (I'd guess) 8-12 questions.