#1 Posted by StriderNo9 (1158 posts) -

After years of watching videos and reading reviews, I finally decided my PS Vita needed a good role playing game and I pulled the trigger on Jeanne d'Arc. So far, I'm only a few hours but I love the interface and the graphics are really amazing. The last Level 5 game I played was Dark Cloud 2, and while that was really good, I never fully got into anything from them before. Anyone else played this little gem?

#2 Posted by pw2566ch (480 posts) -

I played a few levels from the game. I do have to admit it's a pretty awesome game. Unfortunately, I got sidetracked by other games so I haven't been able to play it yet.

#3 Posted by mosespippy (4587 posts) -

I really liked it at the time but when I got to the end game stuff I started to dislike it. The optional stuff at the end seemed like it required more grinding than actual strategy. There is also a thing that happens during the endgame that I dislike from but I won't say what it is because it's a spoiler.

#4 Posted by bakoomerang (82 posts) -

Jeanne D'Arc is awesome! I've played through it a few times. It's weird because I could never get into the likes of Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea, I just found them too overwhelming with all their systems, but Jeanne D'Arc I found really accesible and got really into it.

#5 Posted by Giefcookie (614 posts) -

Need to pick up some US psn credit so I can buy the game. Also Breath of Fire 4. I really hope they can sort out the differences between US and EU psn stores. Frustrating having to check both.

#6 Posted by StriderNo9 (1158 posts) -

Yeah, I agree, not having some games in the NA SEN store but having them in the EU is annoying. As for the game itself, I really like the cut scenes and so far all the characters are engaging.

#7 Posted by Jazz (2328 posts) -

@StriderNo9 said:

Yeah, I agree, not having some games in the NA SEN store but having them in the EU is annoying. As for the game itself, I really like the cut scenes and so far all the characters are engaging.

We don't have Jeanne d'arc in the EU at all so..erm.....I can see how that could be annoying for you?

#8 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

stupid europe :(

#9 Edited by sixpin (1316 posts) -
#10 Posted by QuistisTrepe (628 posts) -

It's OK, but almost completely lacking in challenge, Still, you could do worse.

#11 Edited by sawtooth (464 posts) -

Jeanne D'Arc is solid.

Good story and characters, pretty standard strategy combat with a few cool features thrown in.

The learning curve might be the least steep ( lacking steepness) of any game I've played in a long time.

I had a little too much fun reading the dialogue with a crappy french accent...

#12 Posted by Sammo21 (3708 posts) -

@StriderNo9: this was one of my favorite PSP games. Everything about this game is great.

#13 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

I've had the game for almost 3 years now. It's fun, but I have yet to finish it.

#14 Posted by NegativeCero (3051 posts) -

I have a problem of buying SRPGs and never finishing them because of either time commitment or difficulty. I really should get a Vita rather than finding old games.

#15 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

@sawtooth said:

I had a little too much fun reading the dialogue with a crappy french accent...

Wow, I wasn't the only one to do that? Haha!

#16 Posted by Dourin (234 posts) -

Jeanne d'Arc is pretty much the only psp game I played through that entire generation. I absolutely plan to grab it again on my Vita and hopefully actually finish it this time around. And that's saying something, considering I am not generally a fan of tactics games.

#17 Posted by Zurgfrog (158 posts) -

Haha I just bought this game for my vita as well, really hopping its a lot of fun

#18 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6319 posts) -

Jeanne D'Arc is one of my favorite isometric tactics game of all time.

Everyone with a PSP or Vita owes it to themselves to at least check it out.

#19 Posted by AdzPearson (203 posts) -

I'm curious about it. I've been meaning to play more SRPGs. The only SRPG I've experienced in full is Front Mission 3. Some friends and I took turns to play scenarios. I really enjoyed it. We also played a bit of Vandal Hearts 2, which was also pretty cool. There's definitely something to be said for those kinds of games.