Jedi`s Creed

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rattle618

Imagine a world where Lucasarts actually managed to produce a mind-blowing Star Wars action game like it used to, if such a world existed this would be that game: Assassin´s Creed on a Star Wars setting.

- You are some unknown young Jedi in training (not Han Solo´s son-in-law or some other pathetic attempt at relating the movies with the game).

- You have a huge city to explore and do cool shit in, hence the title of this post.

- Combat and traversing is tight and made twice as cool by the fact that you are using the force and slicing people in half with a lightsaber.

- They hire some real writers to actually construct a decent and engaging story with characters you can relate to.

What do you guys think about it?. Also, is it too late for a game to redeem the franchise?

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaneDev

I kinda thought that was what Forced Unleashed was going to be like but it wasn't. I dunno if you played it but you could get two, maybe two an a half of the things you listed there with Jedi Academy. You play an unknown new Jedi, that goes through the Galaxy to do missions, the combat and movement are very light and very fast and you can slice people arms and legs off. The story is sort of okay too and it's set after the original trilogy.

I dunno about Lucas Arts turning out anything that good from now on since didn't they have pretty big layoffs not so long ago? And the only things they made recently have been average to terrible. Would love to see a good Star Wars game again though even if I am really tired of Star Wars overall.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rattle618

@ShaneDev: Yes, I guess what Im describing would be a fitting continuation for the Jedi Outcast / Jedi Academy games, with more of an open world vibe. I would prefer for a new game to have no link to any previous ones, so they have freedom to explore any kind of story they might come up with.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

Sounds cool... but Assassin's Creed is Assassin's Creed. I don't necessarily want that exact formula applied to the Star Wars universe.

Something along those lines that does things to differentiate itself, however, would be quite nice.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

Except how do you manage to fit the uber-moral Jedi (as I barely understand them, I guess) into the morally ambiguous Assassins? And how does the precursor stuff manage to leap across galaxies, even if we accept the "a long time ago" part?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By BonOrbitz

I betcha we're going to see Star Wars games at E3. Lucasarts hired some people late last year to work on three different games: a FPS that's rumored to be a sequel to Republic Commando, a flight game, and a possible RPG.

I would love to see another good Star Wars RPG.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kedi2

@bonorbitz said:

I betcha we're going to see Star Wars games at E3. Lucasarts hired some people late last year to work on three different games: a FPS that's rumored to be a sequel to Republic Commando, a flight game, and a possible RPG.

God damn I hope there's a Republic Commando 2

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By BonOrbitz

@Kedi2 said:

@bonorbitz said:

That would be ballsnasty indeed! I love the first game, though I hated how it ended. Definitely one of the best Star Wars games ever, that's for sure, and it was great to see Delta Squad have a cameo in The Clone Wars series. G4TV.com recently did a "What If" fictional preview of Republic Commando 2. It's a fun little read about what they would like to see if there will ever be a sequel.

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By UncleDisco
Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rattle618

@Video_Game_King: Well it doesnt have to be related to assassin`s creed, just similar mechanics, open world and that stuff.

@bonorbitz said:

@Kedi2 said:

@bonorbitz said:

That would be ballsnasty indeed! I love the first game, though I hated how it ended. Definitely one of the best Star Wars games ever, that's for sure, and it was great to see Delta Squad have a cameo in The Clone Wars series. G4TV.com recently did a "What If" fictional preview of Republic Commando 2. It's a fun little read about what they would like to see if there will ever be a sequel.

Damn it you are getting my hopes up. Those would be really nice, but this time I´ll wait until I see what the actual games turn out to be.