#1 Posted by jamessmarion (46 posts) -

Hey Y'all!

My name is James, and I'm going to be moderating Jeff's talk at NYU on Wednesday at 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. A couple things, y'all!

1. The address is 2 Metrotech Center, 8th floor in Brooklyn.

2. We are technically sold-out of our (free) tickets, but if you show up shortly before, there is a really, really good chance you'll get in. We put 200 ticket on our EventBrite, but capacity for our floor is closer to 500 people. So.

3. A majority of the talk is going to be Q&A, so think of questions!

4. Here's where I want help! For about an hour before the talk, I'm going to be playing some of Giant Bomb's best moments, like 'the moment' in the Celebrity Multimedia Poker Quick Look, the Motorbike Quick Look, and the Alpaca Dating Sim. I was wondering if you guys would like to pitch in some of the best 5-10 minute moments from Giant Bomb history.

Thanks everyone! Hope to see some of you there!

James

#2 Edited by Yummylee (22067 posts) -

The entirety of the Ride to Hell quicklook is pure magic. The part where Jeff's says something like ''we let this twitchy biker come in and gave him a gun -- just one, though!'' still cracks me up if i had to pick a specific moment. That, or the part where Biker Kris Kristofferson is riding on a bike and then randomly explodes is a classic.

Y'all!

#3 Posted by VoodooTatum (74 posts) -
#4 Posted by BaneFireLord (2952 posts) -

If you're good with just audio, the Ryan's A Narc bit from the Bombcast is goddamn brilliant.

#5 Edited by Stonyman65 (2765 posts) -

Anything from the Rogue Warrior quick look is fantastic, as is Jeff's "creeper cam" from that one live show a few years ago. I'm pretty sure you can find it on YouTube somewhere. I'm sure you can find some pretty awesome stuff from some of the This Year best of podcasts too - those are a goldmine.

Edit: This one is GREAT!

Is the NYU talk going to be recorded? Audio, video, both?

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

I think its only fair we page our resident curator of such things @turboman

#7 Posted by Broomhitches (173 posts) -

I'm so out of the loop, I had no idea this was going to happen.

#8 Edited by TurboMan (7605 posts) -
#9 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1152 posts) -

Any of the Giant Bomb Animated by LackingSaint are pure gold.

#10 Posted by FinalDasa (1893 posts) -
Moderator Online
#12 Edited by TruthTellah (9323 posts) -

Jeff and Alex, you say?

#13 Posted by Jothel (934 posts) -

The xbox one launch infinite twitch part is pretty great

#14 Edited by flameboy84 (180 posts) -

@jothel said:

The xbox one launch infinite twitch part is pretty great

That was going to be my shout it was brilliant!

#15 Edited by Fuzzy_Dunlop (215 posts) -

Like FinalDasa said, the best-of Youtube videos are a great place to look. Also, you gotta include at least something from the Persona 4 Endurance Run.

Forgive me if this is already widely known, but is this going to be recorded?

#16 Edited by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

@jamessmarion: I'm really going to try to go to this. Do you happen to know if there's parking nearby? I go to college in North Jersey, worse comes to worse I'll take the train.

Also, how early would you say it's best to show up before? An hour?

#17 Posted by caesius6 (191 posts) -

Damn, if I wasn't working until 7:30...I work right in SoHo, I would LOVE to come. Hope it's awesome, please keep us posted on any more of these.

#18 Posted by noizy (681 posts) -

@jamessmarion: Will this be records (video and/or audio) and made available?

#19 Posted by BaconGames (3488 posts) -
#20 Posted by adoggz (2070 posts) -

I figure that a reasonable bar that Jeff could meet should be set so i'd suggest the first 10 or so minutes of super professional fridays. Set that bar nice and low.

#21 Edited by awesomeusername (4219 posts) -

Tell me how good my chances are to get in percent wise. Like 72% chance.