• 81 results
#1 Posted by MattyFTM (14330 posts) -

Just seen this on twitter that Jeff Gerstmann & Brad Shoemaker are guests on this weeks Mobcast. I've never listened to the Mobcast before, but I'll definitely be giving this one a listen. Just thought I'd let people know since I guess there will be some interest in this.

#2 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -

Cool, might give it a listen.

#3 Posted by PlasticCow (114 posts) -

Oh sweet. Thanks for the link. I hadn't heard about this.
#4 Posted by ververdan0226 (1573 posts) -

I listen to it every week. Thanks for the heads up!! Hope this convinces you to listen to it guys, it's a great podcast.

#5 Posted by Andorski (5179 posts) -

Nice.  Been waiting for more EGM + Giant Bomb mash-ups since their appearance on Listen Up!

#6 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I keep wanting to try it out but they started a ways after half a dozen ex 1up offshoot podcasts came out and there's only so many hours in the day for game podcasts. If its stellar I'll switch RebelFM out for this.

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18894 posts) -

I'm going to have to check this out.

#8 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

The Mobcast is really good.

#9 Posted by Creamypies (4044 posts) -

The what?!

#10 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1787 posts) -

Listening right now! It is better sound quality then usual!

#11 Posted by Chewii101 (820 posts) -

Sweet. 

#12 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Dan Hsu and Aaron Thomas have a podcast? Since when? That is a great idea! I should listen to the latest one; Jeff and Brad can only help.

#13 Edited by Manhattan_Project (2115 posts) -
@ryanwho: Blasphemy!!! But seriously, why? Have you just lost interest in it?

To OP: Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure to have a listen.
#14 Posted by AaronThomas (17 posts) -
I hope you guys dig it. A big thanks to Jeff and Brad for taking the time to be on this week's show. Hopefully we can have the rest of Giant Bomb on in the future , but only if Ryan promises not to make me cry...
#15 Posted by Andorski (5179 posts) -
@RHCPfan24: It started when Dan Hsu and a couple other ex-1up/EGM editors created Bitmob.com.  The website focuses on user-created articles focusing on the game industry.  Their podcast is pretty refreshing as well, as it just isn't four guys doing the usual "What are you playing, News, Emails" routine.  They do four topics (each person makes their own) and one community topic.
#16 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

I've only listened to the first epidode, so this should be a good time to start listening. I kinda need a new podcast to listen to anyway.

#17 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
@Andorski:  That sounds pretty sweet! And thanks to AaronThomas for properly responding to what we asked.
#18 Posted by MattyFTM (14330 posts) -

Just finished listening to it. It was very interesting. I loved the format, providing 4 topics & just debating them. It could have probably benefited from being longer, I found that at a couple of points Dan was rushing things along to get to the next topic, when I'd have liked to hear more on the current one. But I'm sure keeping it from growing into a 2+ hour monstercast had benefits too.

#19 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

I've never listened to the Mobcast before, but I may now.

#20 Posted by AaronThomas (17 posts) -
@MattyFTM: We actually thought we went a lot longer than we did. We usually try to keep it around that length because that seems to be the sweet spot for discussing all of the topics without running them into the ground. I hear what you're saying though, I feel like we could have gone on longer because it's so easy to get into a good discussion with Brad and Jeff, but we had to let them get back to work at some point.  

Glad you liked the show and appreciate your feedback. It's always good to hear that someone wants more. :)
#21 Posted by Carlos1408 (1489 posts) -

I've already downloaded it and am listening to it! HELLLZ YEAH!

#22 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4882 posts) -

Cool, never listened to it before.

#23 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

Really digging this and the site. GB+BM = Greatness

#24 Edited by TooWalrus (13132 posts) -

Cool... I may give it a listen, not a fan of Aaron Thomas though. What was he doing reviewing Mercs 2? He's a sports guy, and did he really rate it higher than Fable Pub Games?? OK, sorry, Here's not the place...

#25 Posted by AaronThomas (17 posts) -
@TooWalrus: True, I reviewed a lot of sports games, but I've reviewed more non-sports games than sports games in my career. I understand that you liked Mercs 2 more than I did, and that's totally cool. I don't believe that reviews should all read the same and have the same scores - that doesn't help anyone. I always read more than one review for a game, and usually I try to read a positive review and a negative review to see which one matches my personal gaming preferences. Anyway, I hope you give the podcast a listen, even if you're not a fan.
#26 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

Sure why not- expanded my horizons to Rebel fm, joystiq, 1up and idle thumbs last week - and enjoyed those, why not throw another into the mix ^_^

#27 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -
@AaronThomas: hey aaron nice to see that you gotta job at bitmob

just outta curiosity whats shanker at these days?
#28 Posted by iAmJohn (6107 posts) -

Thanks for the intel!

#29 Edited by MrKlorox (11198 posts) -

Nice. I wondered if there would ever some kinda Aaron Thomas 'reunion'. I was never sure if he and the crew really got along outside of a work context before, due to some uncomfortable OTS body language and such. However I do remember a "Massive Explosive" plushie as a contest item or something in this video a while back.

I really hadn't checked out bitmob yet, but I have much respect for Shoe. The more gaming personalities that I know, the easier I can adjust.

#30 Posted by TooWalrus (13132 posts) -
@AaronThomas: Hey cool, I'm gonna throw it on my iPod for the trip to college. I know every review is different, no need to justify that to us. (The Merc's 2 review was totally awesome by the way, reading over 500 angry comments was kinda cool).
#31 Posted by juice8367 (437 posts) -
The Mobcast podcast is pretty good actually.

@AaronThomas: Loved ya since "From the Bleachers"
#32 Posted by AaronThomas (17 posts) -
@VicRattlehead: Shanker is enjoying the unemployed life, trying to figure out how he's going to make his triumphant return to driving the world crazy with ill-informed, yet passionate rants about important topics like whaling vidoe games, Michael Vick, and Kobe Bryant. He was actually on Mobcast 21 if you want to check it out.  

@MrKlorox: You're the only person that seemed to notice the "massive explosive" in the video piece. Good catch. :)
#33 Posted by Artemis_D (817 posts) -

My boy Aaron Thomas!  I'm in.

#34 Posted by KingOfIceland (653 posts) -

Awesome episode, site now bookmarked.

#35 Posted by Smarter_Martyr (591 posts) -

Mobcast is my backup podcast when I run out of others, but this makes it an MVP for a week.

#36 Posted by damnboyadvance (4059 posts) -

Sweet, I'll be sure to give it a listen.

#37 Posted by erinfizz (1048 posts) -

Interesting topics...I liked it. :)

#38 Posted by brooksee (234 posts) -
@MattyFTM: awesome. thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely be checking this one out.
#39 Posted by AaronThomas (17 posts) -

Thanks again for the kind words everyone. It's great to be working for a site that recognizes the value of reaching out to other sites and communities. We all love games and talking about games, why not share the love?

#40 Posted by Ken420 (150 posts) -

Complete the circle and have Hsu & other Bitmobians on GBcast, where they will have a full 2 - 2.5 hours to discuss things & try a zany drink or 2. 

#41 Posted by AaronThomas (17 posts) -
@Ken420: Hopefully that'll happen someday, though I'm kind of scared of this energy drink + Ramen thing that I read a bit about on Twitter. 
#42 Posted by c_rakestraw (818 posts) -
@AaronThomas: I can see why. That doesn't exactly sound like an appetizing combination -- let alone an edible one.

But yeah, hopefully you guys will make it onto the Bombcast someday. I'm sure that would make for an entertaining show.
#43 Posted by Jimbo (9769 posts) -

Interesting.  Great format.

Would quite like to see/hear more content of this nature on GiantBomb.Com.

#44 Posted by Phished0ne (2477 posts) -

Really good podcast, i love Bitmob, i am starting to maintain a blog there.  Jeff dropped a BOMB (sorry..i should be punished for that..) about Trophy Support for GB at the end, i liked that the best out of the podcast... 

#45 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@AaronThomas: I wondered where you went. I used to listen to you and Shanker on your podcast but then your website never updated again.

Thanks Matty for bring this to my attention I listened to Aaron's other podcast a ton.
#46 Posted by buzz_clik (6892 posts) -

Listening to Brad's Japanese punks story I'm reminded that my girlfriend had a similar experience.

She was over in Japan with some friends on a university trip and eating in some little restaurant. There was a booth full of young Japanese lads with all the mad colourful spiky hair and leather clothing. They were clowning around and being a bit rowdy, although nothing too bad. Then when my girlfriend stood up to take a photo of her friends at the table, one of the guys politely offered to take the photo for them. That all happened, and then the girls had some pics taken with the punk dudes.

The shots are priceless - all the guys are smiling and doing the kawaii V-thing with their fingers. Japanese punks rule.

#47 Posted by AaronThomas (17 posts) -
@buzz_clik: I like how the "punks" in everyones' stories are all nice and helpful dudes. Why don't we have any helpful hooligans here in the US? 

@Scooper: Yeah, I probably should update the site and let people know where I am. Not sure if you saw my post earlier in this topic, but Shanker was a guest on Mobcast 21, so you can check that out if you need your fix of crazy. (He doesn't really say much crazy until the end though. Then he starts talking about killing people in Fallout 3, so it gets a bit nuts.)
#48 Edited by calidan777 (853 posts) -

Cool, I usually listen to the Mobcast anyway but glad to see Jeff and Brad are gonna be on it.

#49 Posted by buzz_clik (6892 posts) -
@AaronThomas: Heh. Helpful Hooligans should be the name of a Jap-punk band.
#50 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

The Mobcast is an awesome podcast. Haven't listened to the last few episodes though, and I need to catch up.