#1 Posted by AssInAss (2549 posts) -

I'm guessing you were missing out on Jeff Gerstmann on Giant Bomb for the past few days since he's been in New York. He defected to Rev3 Games...no wait.

Jeff Gerstmann of Giantbomb (and guest of Good Morning America) got to talk with Adam Sessler (former G4TV) and Chris Morris (Variety) about all things PS4. Adam Sessler already appeared on the bombcast, and if you follow game coverage, you'll need no introduction to his bald head and mutton chops.

#2 Posted by TruthTellah (8576 posts) -

Jeff who? What does he know? Eff that guy.

/jk

#3 Edited by Humanity (8871 posts) -

I wonder if they will wait till April or if Microsoft already has some sort of event in the works?

#4 Posted by bibamatt (1086 posts) -

Adam Sessler's voice is nails-on-a-blackboard to my ears. Still, great video!

#5 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

Oh cool, thanks for the link.

#6 Posted by probablytuna (3550 posts) -

It would've been cool to see a video with Jeff and Alex talk about the announcements after the conference but I guess their opinions are sufficiently expressed in the video above and Alex's write up.

#7 Posted by TruthTellah (8576 posts) -

@humanity said:

I wonder if they will wait till April or if Microsoft already has some sort of even in the works?

I believe there's decent reason to think that they already have an event planned. Something sooner than E3. These things take time to come up with, and so, an announcement isn't just going to pop up. They may be adjusting plans or even the date a bit, but it's most-likely already well on its way to happening.

I'd say April at the latest, considering they are probably going to be launching first in the Fall; so, some combination of purposeful leaks starting later this week and an announcement of an event to overshadow Sony's time in the sun is likely.

#8 Posted by coakroach (2488 posts) -

Next weeks bombcast cant come soon enough.

#9 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@coakroach said:

I'd be surprised if there isn't a special bombcast going up shortly. As far as I'm concerned, yesterday was more exciting than last year's E3.

Neat video by the way. I was in the mood for just that.

#10 Edited by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

THE SESS

#11 Posted by Pr1mus (3824 posts) -

Thanks for posting this. Love me some Sess.

#12 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

Sess money

#13 Posted by Rave (370 posts) -

I really prefer Adam now that he can drop his G4 type persona. He is much better when he isnt forcing joke out every few seconds.

#14 Edited by Funkydupe (3312 posts) -

Jeff does really well on camera, again.

#15 Posted by punkxblaze (2961 posts) -

Adam joins the sports jacket and jeans brigade.

#16 Posted by Miketakon (513 posts) -

Big Jeffery seems optimistic about PS4.

#17 Posted by kishinfoulux (2256 posts) -

Which is weird considering how cynical he is, but he's been starved for this stuff for a while.

#18 Posted by Breezio (9 posts) -

Great video. I also:

@pr1mus said:

Love me some Sess.

#19 Posted by Pr1mus (3824 posts) -

@miketakon said:

Which is weird considering how cynical he is, but he's been starved for this stuff for a while.

Guess he's back into games.

#20 Posted by Benny (1948 posts) -

It's been mentioned enough that I suspect Microsoft or other industry types who would know, have a late april event planned for the Durango reveal. Say these things enough times and they usually come true. If they waited until E3 people would start questioning their strategy.

#21 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I want to see what Microsoft has to compete so bad. It best not take until E3.

#22 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4331 posts) -

@pr1mus said:
@kishinfoulux said:

@miketakon said:

Judging from twitter, Sony was speaking his language with what they were announcing. If it all comes together next gen will be pretty exciting.

#23 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

@seppli said:

@coakroach said:

I'd be surprised if there isn't a special bombcast going up shortly. As far as I'm concerned, yesterday was more exciting than last year's E3.

No question, this blew E3 2012 out of the fucking water.

#24 Posted by EuanDewar (4791 posts) -

when jeff said "too firm in the sand" i like to think he had to avoid sayin "goin too hard in the paint"

#25 Edited by Miketakon (513 posts) -

@colourful_hippie said:

@pr1mus said:
@kishinfoulux said:

@miketakon said:

Judging from twitter, Sony was speaking his language with what they were announcing. If it all comes together next gen will be pretty exciting.

Yea I mean it seems like Sony finally gets "it".

#26 Posted by Nadafinga (957 posts) -

@seppli said:

As far as I'm concerned, yesterday was more exciting than last year's E3.

Agreed.

#27 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

Jeff towering over the competition

#28 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

If the PS4 run turns out to be even half as good as the 10 years of PS2, next gen is going to be amazing.

#29 Posted by Grimluck343 (1148 posts) -

Doesn't get much better than Gertsmann and the Sess together. And holy shit Jeff is tall. Can't really get a sense for how tall that dude is from Jar Time I guess.

#30 Edited by WilliamHenry (1201 posts) -

@seppli said:

@coakroach said:

Neat video by the way. I was in the mood for just that.

Hardware announcements are always more exciting that anything else. So no surprise this was better than last E3.

#31 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (190 posts) -

Wow...Jeff is very tall.

The PS4 is gonna rock, I was completely wow'd by the conference.

#32 Posted by GalacticGravy (545 posts) -

Really like where Sessler's been lately. I have to admit that I never saw X-Play as "real" gaming news/review outlet. Maybe I'm just skeptical of things on TV. It was unfair of me to write him off as just some talking head with an Xbox controller. I enjoy Sessler's...Something on rev3 a lot.

#33 Posted by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

#34 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

Woah, Sessler with the J Allard look

#35 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2214 posts) -

A good interview, I like Adam Sessler as an interviewer he asks good questions.

#36 Posted by dsi1 (149 posts) -
@rave said:

I really prefer Adam now that he can drop his G4 type persona. He is much better when he isnt forcing joke out every few seconds.

Yeah, he seems like a cool knowledgeable dude now.