Jeff Gerstmann: Most average man in America?

Rothbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Living in Italy for most of my life, I'm not too sure what the average white American looks like. I could probably spot Neapolitan from a mile away, but I'm just out of luck when it comes to the States. So when I came across this piece from the Body Measurement Project, which apparently was created using anthropometric data provided from the CDC, I couldn't help but wonder: is Jeff Gerstmann the archetype of the average American? The model is a bit shorter and skinnier than him, to be fair.

No Caption Provided

Does everybody look like Jeff in the U.S.?

Avatar image for thelegendofmart
TheLegendOfMart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah everyone looks like Jeff, just look at the Giant Bomb crew they are all exactly the same with same body type...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Jeff has one weird body type, to be honest.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he is not.

TowerSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TowerSixteen

Yeah, Jeff is kind of oddly-shaped. Something like that would create an oddly shaped body because people have different body types, and a host of other reasons obviously. Remember that if you have a bucket of very hot water and a bucket of very cold water getting the average tells you very little about any real bucket of water that you have.

EDIT:Also, remember just how goddamn diverse america is- even if that average is specifically taken from white american men, and I didn't see that that page said that, that means it's an average of people descended from literally every background it is possible to descend from and still be called Caucasian.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Franstone

Well I've never been to Italy and have lived in the US my entire life...
Can you confirm or deny that all Italian women look like this?

No Caption Provided

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah everyone looks like Jeff, just look at the Giant Bomb crew they are all exactly the same with same body type...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Rorie looks totally like Jeff! You can't deny it.....
Yeah ok, I can't even go through with that it's so stupid.

farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That model has just enough specular to be creepy.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

looks like a human alien hybrid to me.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

thats a really funny thread title

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

No, because Jeff is like 6'2 and I think the average is still around 5'10 for American men. It's higher for people from Nordic countries and lower for people from Southeast Asia.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you saying that Jeff is Gordon Freeman?

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Pics or GOAGLAFL (get off and go live a fulfilling life)