Jeff Is Robotically Cursed...(HOME)

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By tekmojo

Hey all, I got to chat up with the one and only Jeff Gerstmann on "HOME" early this morning (EST). All I could say was that he was very robotic with his dance moves and dialect! Was cool to see and chat with him in person. 

Now we didn't have a huge dance party at the Mall where I found him, but we did have a sizeable amount of robotic followers. He was off in some corner probably to avoid the humans (I call them clones because lack of headsets or keyboards). Anyways here are some pics I took with my crappy cellphone camera:

Gerstmann and I do the robot. Crowd looks interested.
Gerstmann and I do the robot. Crowd looks interested.

Close-up on Jeff.
Close-up on Jeff.

We be workin' it.
We be workin' it.

Another close-up.
Another close-up.

If you have any other pictures of Jeff goofing off in HOME, please add them.
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By OGCartman

SICK!
I so wanna try out Home.
I should buy a PS3, like, right nao!

Anyways, awesome man ;)

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tekmojo

Bump.

And if anyone of you die hard home users out there want to get Jeff's costume you need to make a Japan PS3 account. To do that follow this LINK. It took me about 10 mins to finish it mostly because the guide wasn't an up to date version for the current PS3 firmware. Once you complete it you go to home and load it up just as you would NA version. I believe Jeff stated that you need to play one of arcade games and get a decent score (although I could be wrong I forget what he said to do). They have some different games in the Japan version which is pretty cool, and they also have darts in the bowling alley. You can then use the costume in the NA version once you get the costume unlocked and downloaded. If anyone can clear up which game you have to beat let me know.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By super_machine

By the looks of the hat, Jeff spent some time in Japan.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By super_machine
tekmojo said:
"Bump.
And if anyone of you die hard home users out there want to get Jeff's costume you need to make a Japan PS3 account. To do that follow this LINK. It took me about 10 mins to finish it mostly because the guide wasn't an up to date version for the current PS3 firmware. Once you complete it you go to home and load it up just as you would NA version. I believe Jeff stated that you need to play one of arcade games and get a decent score (although I could be wrong I forget what he said to do). They have some different games in the Japan version which is pretty cool, and they also have darts in the bowling alley. You can then use the costume in the NA version once you get the costume unlocked and downloaded. If anyone can clear up which game you have to beat let me know.
"
I think its the Dig Dug game in the namco arcade section. I couldnt get those games to work for me when I tried it.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail
tekmojo said:
"Bump.
"
Awesome! Thanks dude!
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By super_machine
Snail said:
"tekmojo said:
"Bump.
"
Awesome! Thanks dude!"
You should try it snail. Most of the areas have a totally different design than the US home. I like the Japan layout much better than the US home. And you might be able to find some people who speak English, I found a few.
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tekmojo
super_machine said:
"Snail said:
"tekmojo said:
"Bump.
"
Awesome! Thanks dude!"
You should try it snail. Most of the areas have a totally different design than the US home. I like the Japan layout much better than the US home. And you might be able to find some people who speak English, I found a few."
Yea I am really digging the Japan layout. It has some interesting architecture and landscape design. I just tried the Namco area but yea it must be down right now.
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Player1

haha awesome. Looks like fun.

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By lamegame621

dang. nice moves.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tekmojo

Ok I figured out how to play those Namco games. You need to download the Namco Beta Arcade games from the PSN store first.

Here are some pictures showing which one it is:

What it looks like if you run it outside of HOME.
What it looks like if you run it outside of HOME.
XMB View.
XMB View.
PSN Store View.
PSN Store View.

Good luck with this as I am trying right now to beat it as I speak! Enjoy!
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By daniel_beck_90

that is truly awesome

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#13  Edited By tearhead

Oh, dude...  you uploaded the pics, nice.  You can see me in some of the shots.  Thanks for the Japan tip!

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tekmojo
Tearhead said:
"Oh, dude...  you uploaded the pics, nice.  You can see me in some of the shots.  Thanks for the Japan tip!"
Ahaa man yea that was fun times.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By TwoOneFive
tekmojo said:
"super_machine said:
"Snail said:
"tekmojo said:
"Bump.
"
Awesome! Thanks dude!"
You should try it snail. Most of the areas have a totally different design than the US home. I like the Japan layout much better than the US home. And you might be able to find some people who speak English, I found a few."
Yea I am really digging the Japan layout. It has some interesting architecture and landscape design. I just tried the Namco area but yea it must be down right now."
niice im gonna check the japan area as well. 
why are so many people hating on home guys? do they all not have any friends? because i have a good time meeting people to play games with and i have (i guess this is lucky) lots of friends who own ps3's and we're all using this as a fun way to chat. 
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By OmegaPirate

Indeed,. soon as i stop getting that damn c-031 error im totally up for meeting up with more of you guys and whatnot, home is nice as it is, cant wait for its improvement

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tekmojo

Oh and I totally made the mistake of unlocking most of the items in my Japan account. Make sure you run the game from your US account!!

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By vaiz

Tell me I'm not the only one who would (shamelessly) rock that dig dug hat in real life just to see how many people actually knew what it was. (Five bucks says 7/10 people under the age of 30 would go "IS THAT A POKEMAN")

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Manachild

Thanks for the info about the japanese home stuff, thats pretty cool.