#1 Posted by tekmojo (2298 posts) -

Hey all, I got to chat up with the one and only Jeff Gerstmann on "HOME" early this morning (EST). All I could say was that he was very robotic with his dance moves and dialect! Was cool to see and chat with him in person. 

Now we didn't have a huge dance party at the Mall where I found him, but we did have a sizeable amount of robotic followers. He was off in some corner probably to avoid the humans (I call them clones because lack of headsets or keyboards). Anyways here are some pics I took with my crappy cellphone camera:

Gerstmann and I do the robot. Crowd looks interested.


















Close-up on Jeff.


















We be workin' it.


















Another close-up.


















If you have any other pictures of Jeff goofing off in HOME, please add them.
#2 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

SICK!
I so wanna try out Home.
I should buy a PS3, like, right nao!

Anyways, awesome man ;)

#3 Posted by tekmojo (2298 posts) -

Bump.

And if anyone of you die hard home users out there want to get Jeff's costume you need to make a Japan PS3 account. To do that follow this LINK. It took me about 10 mins to finish it mostly because the guide wasn't an up to date version for the current PS3 firmware. Once you complete it you go to home and load it up just as you would NA version. I believe Jeff stated that you need to play one of arcade games and get a decent score (although I could be wrong I forget what he said to do). They have some different games in the Japan version which is pretty cool, and they also have darts in the bowling alley. You can then use the costume in the NA version once you get the costume unlocked and downloaded. If anyone can clear up which game you have to beat let me know.
#4 Posted by super_machine (1926 posts) -

By the looks of the hat, Jeff spent some time in Japan.

#5 Posted by super_machine (1926 posts) -
tekmojo said:
"Bump.
And if anyone of you die hard home users out there want to get Jeff's costume you need to make a Japan PS3 account. To do that follow this LINK. It took me about 10 mins to finish it mostly because the guide wasn't an up to date version for the current PS3 firmware. Once you complete it you go to home and load it up just as you would NA version. I believe Jeff stated that you need to play one of arcade games and get a decent score (although I could be wrong I forget what he said to do). They have some different games in the Japan version which is pretty cool, and they also have darts in the bowling alley. You can then use the costume in the NA version once you get the costume unlocked and downloaded. If anyone can clear up which game you have to beat let me know.
"
I think its the Dig Dug game in the namco arcade section. I couldnt get those games to work for me when I tried it.
#6 Posted by Snail (8467 posts) -
tekmojo said:
"Bump.
And if anyone of you die hard home users out there want to get Jeff's costume you need to make a Japan PS3 account. To do that follow this LINK. It took me about 10 mins to finish it mostly because the guide wasn't an up to date version for the current PS3 firmware. Once you complete it you go to home and load it up just as you would NA version. I believe Jeff stated that you need to play one of arcade games and get a decent score (although I could be wrong I forget what he said to do). They have some different games in the Japan version which is pretty cool, and they also have darts in the bowling alley. You can then use the costume in the NA version once you get the costume unlocked and downloaded. If anyone can clear up which game you have to beat let me know.
"
Awesome! Thanks dude!
#7 Edited by super_machine (1926 posts) -
Snail said:
"tekmojo said:
"Bump.
And if anyone of you die hard home users out there want to get Jeff's costume you need to make a Japan PS3 account. To do that follow this LINK. It took me about 10 mins to finish it mostly because the guide wasn't an up to date version for the current PS3 firmware. Once you complete it you go to home and load it up just as you would NA version. I believe Jeff stated that you need to play one of arcade games and get a decent score (although I could be wrong I forget what he said to do). They have some different games in the Japan version which is pretty cool, and they also have darts in the bowling alley. You can then use the costume in the NA version once you get the costume unlocked and downloaded. If anyone can clear up which game you have to beat let me know.
"
Awesome! Thanks dude!"
You should try it snail. Most of the areas have a totally different design than the US home. I like the Japan layout much better than the US home. And you might be able to find some people who speak English, I found a few.
#8 Posted by tekmojo (2298 posts) -
super_machine said:
"Snail said:
"tekmojo said:
"Bump.
And if anyone of you die hard home users out there want to get Jeff's costume you need to make a Japan PS3 account. To do that follow this LINK. It took me about 10 mins to finish it mostly because the guide wasn't an up to date version for the current PS3 firmware. Once you complete it you go to home and load it up just as you would NA version. I believe Jeff stated that you need to play one of arcade games and get a decent score (although I could be wrong I forget what he said to do). They have some different games in the Japan version which is pretty cool, and they also have darts in the bowling alley. You can then use the costume in the NA version once you get the costume unlocked and downloaded. If anyone can clear up which game you have to beat let me know.
"
Awesome! Thanks dude!"
You should try it snail. Most of the areas have a totally different design than the US home. I like the Japan layout much better than the US home. And you might be able to find some people who speak English, I found a few."
Yea I am really digging the Japan layout. It has some interesting architecture and landscape design. I just tried the Namco area but yea it must be down right now.
#9 Posted by Player1 (3839 posts) -

haha awesome. Looks like fun.

#10 Posted by lamegame621 (975 posts) -

dang. nice moves.

#11 Posted by tekmojo (2298 posts) -

Ok I figured out how to play those Namco games. You need to download the Namco Beta Arcade games from the PSN store first.

Here are some pictures showing which one it is:

What it looks like if you run it outside of HOME.
XMB View.
PSN Store View.




















































Good luck with this as I am trying right now to beat it as I speak! Enjoy!
#12 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

that is truly awesome

#13 Edited by Tearhead (2102 posts) -

Oh, dude...  you uploaded the pics, nice.  You can see me in some of the shots.  Thanks for the Japan tip!

#14 Posted by tekmojo (2298 posts) -
Tearhead said:
"Oh, dude...  you uploaded the pics, nice.  You can see me in some of the shots.  Thanks for the Japan tip!"
Ahaa man yea that was fun times.
#15 Posted by TwoOneFive (9461 posts) -
tekmojo said:
"super_machine said:
"Snail said:
"tekmojo said:
"Bump.
And if anyone of you die hard home users out there want to get Jeff's costume you need to make a Japan PS3 account. To do that follow this LINK. It took me about 10 mins to finish it mostly because the guide wasn't an up to date version for the current PS3 firmware. Once you complete it you go to home and load it up just as you would NA version. I believe Jeff stated that you need to play one of arcade games and get a decent score (although I could be wrong I forget what he said to do). They have some different games in the Japan version which is pretty cool, and they also have darts in the bowling alley. You can then use the costume in the NA version once you get the costume unlocked and downloaded. If anyone can clear up which game you have to beat let me know.
"
Awesome! Thanks dude!"
You should try it snail. Most of the areas have a totally different design than the US home. I like the Japan layout much better than the US home. And you might be able to find some people who speak English, I found a few."
Yea I am really digging the Japan layout. It has some interesting architecture and landscape design. I just tried the Namco area but yea it must be down right now."
niice im gonna check the japan area as well. 
why are so many people hating on home guys? do they all not have any friends? because i have a good time meeting people to play games with and i have (i guess this is lucky) lots of friends who own ps3's and we're all using this as a fun way to chat. 
#16 Posted by OmegaPirate (5518 posts) -

Indeed,. soon as i stop getting that damn c-031 error im totally up for meeting up with more of you guys and whatnot, home is nice as it is, cant wait for its improvement

#17 Posted by tekmojo (2298 posts) -

Oh and I totally made the mistake of unlocking most of the items in my Japan account. Make sure you run the game from your US account!!

#18 Posted by punkxblaze (2877 posts) -

Tell me I'm not the only one who would (shamelessly) rock that dig dug hat in real life just to see how many people actually knew what it was. (Five bucks says 7/10 people under the age of 30 would go "IS THAT A POKEMAN")

#19 Posted by Manachild (470 posts) -

Thanks for the info about the japanese home stuff, thats pretty cool.