• 69 results
#1 Edited by bigjeffrey (4793 posts) -
ALAN WAKE 2, FINGER CROSSED

I am really excited for the reveal. Can't wait for what these guys have to say. Will they be wrong, Right???? Less that 48 Hours Left. IM HYPED. i dont know why though.........

THE SESS , THAT DUDE FROM THAT KOTATSU WEBSITE, I HAVE NO CLUE WHO THAT LAST DUDE IS.
JUST XBOX, I LIKE IT
BOW DOWN

#2 Posted by Optix12 (611 posts) -

Looks like I have to get home from work an hour earlier now

#3 Edited by Hailinel (23910 posts) -

All hail the Dorito King!

#4 Posted by Ben_H (3311 posts) -

Bring on the Doritos and Mountain Dew!!!

#5 Edited by Icemo (642 posts) -
#6 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5239 posts) -

Jeff's gonna be on the pre show? I guess that makes sense since he'll be in town.

Can't wait for the unveil of the Kinexbox Now! Fusion Infinity 8.

#7 Edited by ez123 (1945 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up. I have given Gertsmann-less bonus rounds a chance and they are terrible.

As someone who thinks the 360 is awesome and would love some followups(Crackdown, PGR,Alan Wake, More Rare), the hype comes easily. Even if I don't plan on buying it any time soon.

#8 Edited by Roger778 (953 posts) -

I plan to look at the announcement, this week, but I have no real desire to buy an X-Box 720 (or whatever its official title is).

#9 Edited by TruthTellah (8537 posts) -

I'm pretty sold on the PS4, but I'm still quite interested to see what Microsoft comes out with. I've been hearing some good things from devs, but I'm curious if it will really be something that captures public attention and outdoes the 360.

#10 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Get hype

#11 Posted by Demoskinos (14563 posts) -

That picture is going to haunt Keighley to his grave.

#12 Posted by TruthTellah (8537 posts) -
#13 Posted by TheHT (10890 posts) -

@joshthebear said:

Get hype

Mad hype!

goddamnit, will someone fasten the screws on brad's neck? it's gone all loosy-goosy again.

#14 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

Tuesday's gonna be some great dumb fun. I get all giddy for shit like this.

#15 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

Doesn't Keighley brown nose the shit out of MS?

Anyway, I have no interest in Microsoft's Xbox consoles. But I'll be watching the reveal anyway.

#16 Posted by Scroll (593 posts) -

I'm trying not to get too excited based upon experiences with the last few e3 press conferences.

#17 Posted by bigjeffrey (4793 posts) -

Bring on the Doritos and Mountain Dew!!!

The only snacks i eat during anything gaming related.

#18 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1317 posts) -

Sometimes these things are things I've watched, I usually am not sad when I've watched them but I often get almost nothing out of them. They are just summaries of rumours from 'heads' of gaming industry journalism mostly, and while it's sort of interesting seeing people like david jaffe talk about 'the state of games' with Jeff and others... it's like... void of meaning, cause it's all just 'hey what if X, or what if we did Y more often'. Amazing.

I'm already fairly interesting in just hearing exactly what is going to go down with the xbox, and how both companies will deal with shit shortly after at e3 and beyond.. They will tell me this, very soon in fact... like fucking right now almost. I'm not completely short of things to do with my time that I can't fill it with other stuff (like Metro, or the sun that now exists outside yay).

Anyhoo it's obviously super easy to be down on shit on the internet, it's a default state really. I look forward to actually seeing what the Xbox is now cause I was so down with how the Xbox and how the 360 started out, it very much does seem like Microsoft had a great thing but mostly failed to do anything with it over the course of the last 5-6 years, it's only gotten either slightly better or slightly lamer or hasn't changed (which always feels like a step back, with how fast tech can move sometimes). The ps4 looks rad right now for all the reasons stated by all the humans that exist on the internet, and I think it would be super rad if the xbox comes out looking equally as rad. I definitely haven't thought about my 360 in a long time and games like Last of Us are making me think of owning a ps3 finally, I've never really cared about backwards compatibility but I'm in the weird crazy situation now where I might actually buy a ps3 and then a new console shortly after in november or whatever... and that ps3 will prolly only play last of us and beyond two souls... so I sort of wish the ps4 just magically played those games or they had versions for the ps4 instantly on release, but it looks like that's prolly not going to be realistic.

#19 Posted by Skytylz (4029 posts) -

Anyway, I have no interest in Microsoft's Xbox consoles. But I'll be watching the reveal anyway.

You really like to tell people you don't like Xbox. This is the second thread I've seen you do it.

#20 Edited by Azurath (294 posts) -

I swear if Jeff doesn't tear Totilo a new asshole I will be mildly upset.

#21 Edited by TruthTellah (8537 posts) -

@azurath said:

heh. I doubt he would. Totilo's a nice fellow who generally only contributes to what is good at Kotaku. So, it seems to me that they'd get along fine. He knows they're a very different website, and Jeff can get past such quibbles to just talk about the subject, which will be the XBOX.

#22 Posted by Chaser324 (6325 posts) -

@azurath said:

Prepare to be upset. Even if there was some sort of beef there (which I doubt), Jeff and Totilo are professionals.

#23 Posted by Darson (448 posts) -

Grab some Doritos n' Dew. It's Xbox time.

#24 Posted by Slag (4016 posts) -

Doritos for one, Doritos for all.

#25 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4160 posts) -

? ?. Why did I not notice this earlier? Geoff and Jeff will review energy drinks while they're there.

I say this is appropriate.

#26 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@skytylz said:

@awesomeusername said:

You really like to tell people you don't like Xbox. This is the second thread I've seen you do it.

No I don't and no it isn't. I never said I didn't like it. It's a great console, just none of the exclusive games (besides Banjo) are interesting. Well, maybe Alan Wake but I never got to play it. Nevertheless, I'll be watching the reveal because I like seeing new, shiny things. If I didn't like Xbox, I wouldn't be watching it.

#27 Posted by AiurFlux (901 posts) -

All this pomp and circumstance. Nice to see there's no media bias!

Urgh.

#28 Edited by TheHT (10890 posts) -

@azurath said:

you do know totilo was on the bombcast right?

#29 Edited by Hector (3356 posts) -

Can't wait, I have a final that day. This will help me relax a bit.

#30 Edited by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

I could use some Mountain Dew right now.

#31 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

I'm more excited for the GB livestream than the actual announcement.

#32 Posted by kishinfoulux (2255 posts) -

@azurath said:

Why would he? Also Totilo is awesome.

#33 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Oh great...We lose Jeff from the GB-Stream and we get a double dose of overrated snacks(Dorito-King and Tortilla)

#34 Posted by MachoFantastico (4488 posts) -

Looking forward to the Giant Bomb stream. Watching the PS4 show was entertaining as hell, even though the PS4 announcement was actually pretty good anyways.

#35 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

Yup, Jeff was on the pre-PS4 show as well, and he's pretty great on it.

Since I'm in good old Australia, I'll be watching the GT stream at 2am-4am, hitting the sack then catching the archive of the GB stream when I can remotely pay attention.

Can't fucking wait!

#36 Posted by Unilad (555 posts) -

6 pack pabst.

Job done.

#37 Posted by EuanDewar (4761 posts) -

will they do a post-show show?

#38 Posted by RonGalaxy (2873 posts) -

@azurath: theyre actually good friends. And why would he have to do that, because totilo is editor and chief of a site you dont like? Hes not the only one writing stuff in kotaku, and he writes some of the best, most down to earth stuff there. Plus, he does a fantastic job communicating with readers and addressing issues. Yes, kotaku has awful writers (looking at you kirk hamilton), but that doesnt make it a bad site. It does what it wants to do, which is cover gaming lifestyle, not just gaming. Seriously though, jeff shoots people like you down when you say shit like that.

#39 Posted by RonGalaxy (2873 posts) -

@theht: what episode was he on? Id like to listen to that

#40 Edited by Winternet (8006 posts) -

will they do a post-show show?

I don't know about that, but they will definitely do a post-post-show show.

#41 Posted by bigjeffrey (4793 posts) -

24 Hours

#42 Edited by Pie (7055 posts) -

Ehhh those GT shows are always so formal and ehhhh. Much rather hear the rest of the crew spout dumb shit than listen to them guys at GT make the same points I have heard tons before and then have some Pachter type declare some dumb prophecy

#43 Edited by posh (461 posts) -

good luck to mr. gertzmann

#44 Posted by CosmoKramer (50 posts) -

Goddamn, I guess that means Jeff won't be on the GB stream, that's a bummer. The bombcast will probably discuss the announcements in depth, but the actual show won't be as much fun without Jeff around.

#45 Edited by ez123 (1945 posts) -

He brown noses Sony just as much. If you're seeing any MS bias, it's more-so you than him. He still sucks, though.

#46 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Geoff Keighley did a Jar Time With Geoff recently

So that's pretty weird. Since Jeff mentioned that sites are transitioning out of being trailer-machines and leaning more on personalities and original content, I've been really paying attention to this stuff.

Although the hilarious Ren & Stimpy music is a fucking absurd choice.

#47 Posted by Optix12 (611 posts) -

If i remember right the ps4 stream Giantbomb was using was a feed from GTTV, so I hope the crew get on early to watch this preshow and just act all bitter/oppose whatever Jeff says.

#48 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@ez123 said:

@awesomeusername said:

He brown noses Sony just as much. If you're seeing any MS bias, it's more-so you than him. He still sucks, though.

Huh, I've never really seen that. I don't go to his site (wherever he works at) so whenever I see him, it's just him kissing Microsoft's ass so that's why then. But I pretty much knew he sucked already.

#49 Edited by ez123 (1945 posts) -

@ez123 said:

@awesomeusername said:

Huh, I've never really seen that. I don't go to his site (wherever he works at) so whenever I see him, it's just him kissing Microsoft's ass so that's why then. But I pretty much knew he sucked already.

Well, it could be a coincidence but it sounds more like what I said in the other post.

#50 Posted by bigjeffrey (4793 posts) -