#1 Posted by Irishranger (250 posts) -

So I was watching a random quick look, can't remember if it was a new one or an old one, and Jeff mentioned something about the clothes he had to wear while he was hosting Attack of the Show.  That caused one of those wierd connections in the dark recesses of my brain where I vaguely began remembering Mr. Jeff Gerstmann hosting a few episodes of Attack.  I can't remember how many years ago it was, but I've found myself strangely desiring to see at least a few moments of those episodes again. 

Does anyone know if any clips or (god forbid) whole episodes of those shows are archived anywhere?  I scoured Youtube for awhile with no luck.  Just wondering if anyone has seen them in the wild or if Jeff or G4 have ordered their destruction...never to be spoken of again. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Disclaimer:  This topic probably sucks.  It has most likely been asked about many times already.  I suck.  I am using up some of the precious finite space on the internet to bring up this topic.  I should get off the internet.  The internet is not to be used to share information or geek out with fellow nerds.  The internet only exists to allow know-it-alls to ridicule others.  Again, I suck.
#2 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

i wouldn't mind seeing jeff be jeff elsewhere. Especially if there are hastely bought tracksuits involved.

#3 Posted by Baillie (4196 posts) -
@Irishranger: No, no. Old videos of the staff are very welcome here, also, be sure to ask which one is the hottest, just so you know, stay cool with the giantbomb crowd.
#4 Posted by shadyspace (458 posts) -

It was during the period of time when Kevin Rose left and they were looking for a new co-host and in the interim they had a bunch of guest hosts. Jeff was one of them.

#5 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Would love to see some vids of this

#7 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@shadyspace said:
" It was during the period of time when Kevin Rose left and they were looking for a new co-host and in the interim they had a bunch of guest hosts. Jeff was one of them. "
Yeah I remember that. Even I tried out for the co-host part. It disappointed me because they only had one guest co-host from that audition and they specifically said no girls. Well, you can guess who became the new co-host.
#8 Edited by Irishranger (250 posts) -
@Metal_Gear_Sunny:
Didn't think it would be "mind-blowing"....just bored and would like to see them again.  If not for anything else...at least the nostalgia factor. 

kid
#9 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

what was with the self-deprecating disclaimer?

#10 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

besides, why do you need some old AOTS videos when you can have these  

#11 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

The old AOTS where Jeff guest co-hosted for a week while they were looking for a replacement for Sarah Lane or whoever from TSS was the first time I had become aware of the dude or the old On The Spot (which they showed live during Thursday's live show -- trippy). He was a great, hilarious host and I figuered there had to be something to this 'OTS', so I checked it out and found Carrie, Greg, Ryan, Alex, Brad, and the awesome Rich Gallup. So I watched that for some time and read a few articles and left a couple comments, then Gerstmanngate. The rest is history. 

When was that? 2004?

edit: Oh yeah. Man, Kevin Rose was awful. Jeff and Kevin P worked out pretty well I thought. But I guess Jeff's boobs weren't the type the producers were looking for.

#12 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

You do not suck! *Hugs IrishRanger*

#13 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -
#14 Posted by Irishranger (250 posts) -
@Red12b:
Just my way of covering my ass from the stupidity of the internet.  Seems like any time I ask something and don't include the disclaimer the first five responses are always, "OLD TOPIC" and "lrn how 2 use a srch fnctn, dubass" 

LOL 

Just me bein me.
#15 Edited by BigLemon (1022 posts) -
@evildeadron: Those are just... precious 

@Red12b said:

"    

what was with the self-deprecating disclaimer?

"
yeah... that seemed completely unprovoked, too... 

EDIT: Ryan Davis without a beard is not a Ryan Davis for me.
#16 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -
@evildeadron: damn Ryan can sing, who would have thought.
#17 Posted by zepp (230 posts) -
@evildeadron:  Wow, Ryan looks so different! This stuff is great by the way. I'm a recent GB convert, I only found out about the site and the podcast this past summer. I've been trying to piece together the GB staffs past, ever since. 
#18 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5260 posts) -
@Irishranger said:
" @Red12b: Just my way of covering my ass from the stupidity of the internet.  Seems like any time I ask something and don't include the disclaimer the first five responses are always, "OLD TOPIC" and "lrn how 2 use a srch fnctn, dubass"  LOL  Just me bein me. "
Nah dude it's alright. People like to police the internet way to much since they have nothing else better to do.
#19 Edited by Stealthmaster86 (659 posts) -
@Burns098356GX said:

"I dont recall Jeff on AOTS, I do remember him on XPlay though. "

That's not the first time Jeff was in X-Play. Back then X-Play was called Gamespot TV. Check Greg Kasavin in there also. 

2:29 For Kasavin 
0:26 For Gerstman 

In Fact that X-Play interview is how I found out about Giant Bomb.
#20 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@evildeadron:   
#21 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (618 posts) -

I actually really like Attack of the Show, but Direct TV recently took G4 off of their programing.

I mean, they only did have one worthwhile show on the whole network, but still, I'm a little pissed.

Sorry you view my post as wildly off-topic.

#22 Posted by ComradeKritstov (693 posts) -
@Afroman269: @evildeadron: I love you both.
#23 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i remember this kind of. i just remember when kevin left and they needed a new host. brandon and sarah lane got married so they left.

#24 Posted by Jimbo7676 (716 posts) -

Truly these videos must be lost to the ravages of time.

#25 Edited by JJOR64 (19003 posts) -

I remember watching the episodes with him on it.  That was when AOTS was an alright show.  Now I could care less for it.

#26 Posted by JoeyRavn (4977 posts) -
#27 Edited by Gnome (137 posts) -
#28 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
#29 Posted by busted1der (199 posts) -

Here's a small piece:

#30 Posted by Daveyo520 (6799 posts) -

Good thing his question was answered quickly with that video.

#31 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1432 posts) -

Good thing his question was answered quickly with that video.

This made my day, thank you

#32 Posted by Daveyo520 (6799 posts) -
#33 Posted by Anund (905 posts) -

@Red12b:

Just my way of covering my ass from the stupidity of the internet. Seems like any time I ask something and don't include the disclaimer the first five responses are always, "OLD TOPIC" and "lrn how 2 use a srch fnctn, dubass"

LOL

Just me bein me.

I think you were fine until that disclaimer. Just felt like you were exclaiming how much better a person you are than everyone else around here. But hey. You're just being you ;)

#34 Posted by JasonR86 (9715 posts) -

Here's a small piece:

I fucking LOVE how fake Jeff is being. Only real-Jeff came through with the 'Oh that sounds legal.' comment.