#1 Posted by sometimesavowel (122 posts) -

Granted, a lot of the background surrounding this seems a little sketchy, but I don't know what do you guys think?

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/pc-games/rumor-half-life-3-confirmed/

#2 Posted by Zidd (1857 posts) -

How is Half-Life 3 confirmed if its being reported as a rumor?

#3 Posted by MiniPato (2751 posts) -

I think using the words "Rumor" and "confirmed" in the same headline is contradictory, especially without a question mark.

Anyways, I need more than "dude who worked on HL2 is working on something" to believe that this has anything to do with HL3.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

dude my uncle works at Valve and he confirmed Half Life 3

#5 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3776 posts) -

Make me fucking work for your fucking news.. Now I gotta look up who John Gunthrie is..

Oh, he's a level designer. Just copy paste that in the description. Ack.

Cool, games. Whatever anymore.

#6 Edited by CaLe (4049 posts) -

I'd be disappointed if it were even possible to port HL3 to current-gen consoles. I want it to be like the HL2 reveal stuff, with a new engine that amazes everyone.

#7 Edited by TheHT (11767 posts) -

Confirmation of the rumour of confirmation pending.

#8 Posted by Meptron (1113 posts) -

this guy working at burger king said he has this bud who's fiance's brother works for nintendo, and he says that the dev team is moving away from half life 3 to concentrate on shadow of the colossus 2.

#9 Posted by Morningstar (2238 posts) -

That they are working on Half-Life 3 is not shocking. I bet they have for a long time.

#10 Posted by Veektarius (5009 posts) -

@meptron: Fuck yeah, SotC is like ten times better than Half Life 2.

#11 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

My Dad is Gordon Freeman and he said Half Life 3 will be a launch title for the Xbox One, also will require 1 hour check in. Also he said Alyx Vance is hot. Also he talks a lot.

#12 Posted by BigJeffrey (5170 posts) -

I'd rather have Left 4 Dead 3.

#13 Posted by believer258 (12176 posts) -

@cale said:

I'd be disappointed if it were even possible to port HL3 to current-gen consoles. I want it to be like the HL2 reveal stuff, with a new engine that amazes everyone.

You do know that Half-Life 2 was ported to the Xbox, right?

#14 Posted by jimmyfenix (3859 posts) -

This game is going to suck if it ever comes out.

#15 Posted by ch3burashka (5238 posts) -

@animasta said:

my uncle works for nintendo and japan is up to half life 5 we just get the old ones

#16 Posted by djou (878 posts) -

I wouldn't even dignify this as a rumor, pretty weak sauce.

#17 Posted by 49th (2840 posts) -

I'm Gabe Newell and can confirm this is true.

#18 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5088 posts) -

@animasta said:

my uncle works for nintendo and japan is up to half life 5 we just get the old ones

Since Half Life 4, they changed Gordon Freeman as the protagonist to this new kid called Liberty Johnson. Gordon is now just a side character sometimes helping Liberty.

#19 Posted by gaminghooligan (1483 posts) -

#20 Posted by MattyFTM (14431 posts) -

So some Valve level designer has just lost his job by leaking the details of HL3 to some shitty blog no one has ever heard of, simultaneously making himself the least employable person in the entire gaming industry by publicly breaching an extremely strict NDA. The real headline here should be "man ruins his life in a fit of stupidity".

Or maybe, just maybe, that site made this shit up and it's fucking embarrassing that the gaming press are giving any credence to this bullshit whatsoever.

#21 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19382 posts) -

It doesn't exist.

#22 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4606 posts) -

Well at least this thread was good for something. This is great.

#23 Posted by Capum15 (4987 posts) -
#24 Posted by rye256 (116 posts) -

@animasta: That settles it then. HL3 is officially rumored to be confirmed by a forum users uncle. Scoops done got scooped on this story!

#25 Posted by Itwastuesday (982 posts) -

guys

i am confirming half life 3

#26 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@animasta said:

So does mine! And he did too!

Wait...does that make us siblings?

#27 Posted by NegativeCero (3039 posts) -

I couldn't care less about Half Life 3 coming out at this point.

#28 Posted by RonGalaxy (3275 posts) -

I can confirm Half Life 3 is a rumor

#29 Posted by dudeglove (8254 posts) -

Why do you even care any more?

#30 Posted by DeckardsRevolver (28 posts) -
#31 Posted by Xymox (2115 posts) -

Episode 2 was released 6 years ago. I'd raise an eyebrow if some kind of prototype for Episode 3 and/or Half-Life 3 has not existed at some point during this time. But I'm not holding my breath for anything to be released.

I couldn't care less about Half Life 3 coming out at this point.

At this point, I'm not even sure I'd want it. I mean, what would that game even be? They certainly couldn't make something the same way they made Ep1 or Ep2 and stick with what is now quite dated shooter mechanics (the way I feel about it at least). But meh. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. Who knows.

#32 Posted by Dezztroy (863 posts) -

Uh, Gabe already confirmed Half-Life 3 years ago.

#33 Edited by sometimesavowel (122 posts) -

I acknowledged it seemed sketchy, I said it "might have" been confirmed, but I thought it seemed interesting enough to open up for discussion. If it's true, then Valve is shitting bricks right now.

Although, there is something to a completely unheard of site making something like this up. And gosh-darnit, I might have fallen for it.

#34 Posted by CaptainObvious (3000 posts) -

Nintendo is developing it.

#35 Edited by LackingSaint (1853 posts) -

Is it really a surprise to some people that they're going to make the conclusion to the massively successful and critically acclaimed game series that made their studio what it is today? For reals, just wait for a damn trailer and then start getting excited about it coming back. Until then this is just the most roundabout boring conversation in the industry right now.

#36 Posted by MiniPato (2751 posts) -

I acknowledged it seemed sketchy, I said it "might have" been confirmed, but I thought it seemed interesting enough to open up for discussion. If it's true, then Valve is shitting bricks right now.

Although, there is something to a completely unheard of site making something like this up. And gosh-darnit, I might have fallen for it.

Well most of us were talking about the article's amateur click bait title more than your thread title. But still, c'mon man. Half Life 3 rumors are a dime a dozen.

#37 Posted by Cirdain (3139 posts) -

I confirm that this rumour is an confirmation that the rumoured rumour is confirmed to be a rumour.

FUCK

#38 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

I don't understand this genre of conversation.

Are there people out there who think Half Life 3 ISN'T going to happen?

The timing is absolutely up in the air, but certainly we can all agree that it is GOING to happen.

#39 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6402 posts) -

At some point, I stopped caring, whether I cared at all is a great question that I'm not equipped to answer. Half-Life 2 is an overrated game anyway.

#40 Posted by altairre (1276 posts) -

No.