JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JohnDudebro
Link
Joystiq is citing sources "in and around Ziff Davis" that UGO is deep into talks to buy the 1UP Network. EGM, however, is not part of this deal - marking the final death knell for the magazine that has long been rumored to be on its way out.

This is probably the final blow to print games journalism. EGM was the big one - it's been around forever, it's always been the biggest, and it's pretty much been the watermark for quality. Even it can't survive the competition from the internet. At this point, the days are numbered for all the remaining magazines (GamePro, you're next!). GameInformer will probably stick around, but only because they have Gamestop behind them.

It sucks for those guys who've been at the magazine for years, since it's hell to lose something you've been that close to for so long. But in the long run it's probably for the best.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

There is only one magazine for games that will survive.

I will not say what it is, but will simply say that it has the power to survive.
albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By albedos_shadow

UGO? Ewww. But as long as 1up remains as it is, oh well.

Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

As a long-time EGM subscriber it saddens me, but after the GFW mag shut down I kinda saw it coming. I hope 1UP continues on just like it is now and doesn't lose much staff over this.