The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Edited By The_Philosopher

Ok so I got some shit to talk about.

I hate leet speak. I don't feel I need to explain my distaste for such butchery of the english language. I just felt like saying that.

What I've been playing. The Secret of Monkey Island special edition. I've also been playing Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on live arcade and hitting up Battlefield 1943.

The Secret of Monkey Island special edition:
        I've actually never played MonKey Island before this. I'm 68% done it and I must say I love it. Great sense of humor and the voice acting actually really adds to the jokes. This game actually really makes me wanna check out the new Monkey Island and Sam and Max games.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2:
        Let me just say I suck at fighting games. I like Smash Bros. because it's awesome crazy with all the Nintendo items and characters flying around. Now that craziness I am all for but when it comes to more traditonal fighting games I puke a little in my mouth. However I really came around when Street Fighter 4 came out. Something just clicked and I realized the appeal of fighting games. Back to the point, I've been playing MVC2 with a few friends and I love the whole 3 character chaos thing it's got going on. Captain America tagging in Zangeif is just plain epic.

Battlefield 1943:
        I like this game because it's so colorfull and vivid. I don't even care that I get sniped or bombed everytime I spawn, it's just fun to fuck around and drive a tank into a check point and take it over.

I'm still working on that Resistance 2 jazz and the single player mode is fun, I haven't tried the multi-player out yet though.

I'm writing this at 2:30am so when I wake up it will be Regatta Day! Beer tents for everybody! Regatta day is a day where everyone is free of their jobs and responsibilities.  It is also a day where it's ok to be drunk all day. I plan on going camping which should be loads of fun. I don't expect I'll be playing any games till sunday since I'll spend saturday passed out in my bed.

Have a great weekend.

One last thing. Can someone tell me if it's really true that beer only comes in packs of 6 or 12 in America? No 24? No almighty two-four???

Avatar image for the_philosopher
The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By The_Philosopher

Ok so I got some shit to talk about.

I hate leet speak. I don't feel I need to explain my distaste for such butchery of the english language. I just felt like saying that.

What I've been playing. The Secret of Monkey Island special edition. I've also been playing Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on live arcade and hitting up Battlefield 1943.

The Secret of Monkey Island special edition:
        I've actually never played MonKey Island before this. I'm 68% done it and I must say I love it. Great sense of humor and the voice acting actually really adds to the jokes. This game actually really makes me wanna check out the new Monkey Island and Sam and Max games.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2:
        Let me just say I suck at fighting games. I like Smash Bros. because it's awesome crazy with all the Nintendo items and characters flying around. Now that craziness I am all for but when it comes to more traditonal fighting games I puke a little in my mouth. However I really came around when Street Fighter 4 came out. Something just clicked and I realized the appeal of fighting games. Back to the point, I've been playing MVC2 with a few friends and I love the whole 3 character chaos thing it's got going on. Captain America tagging in Zangeif is just plain epic.

Battlefield 1943:
        I like this game because it's so colorfull and vivid. I don't even care that I get sniped or bombed everytime I spawn, it's just fun to fuck around and drive a tank into a check point and take it over.

I'm still working on that Resistance 2 jazz and the single player mode is fun, I haven't tried the multi-player out yet though.

I'm writing this at 2:30am so when I wake up it will be Regatta Day! Beer tents for everybody! Regatta day is a day where everyone is free of their jobs and responsibilities.  It is also a day where it's ok to be drunk all day. I plan on going camping which should be loads of fun. I don't expect I'll be playing any games till sunday since I'll spend saturday passed out in my bed.

Have a great weekend.

One last thing. Can someone tell me if it's really true that beer only comes in packs of 6 or 12 in America? No 24? No almighty two-four???

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King
  1. Who likes that dialect? It'd be easier finding somebody who likes a Cockney accent when it's coming from a 19th century British orphan. It's annoying. Stop it, British child.
  2. Well, at least you aren't taking out your frustrations on the genre by declaring it crap. I suck at fighting games, too.
Regatta Day? A day celebrating yacht races? This day is only for the rich, right? Oh, and I'd suggest that you NEVER POST BLOGS AT NIGHT. It's a bad idea.
Themanohall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Themanohall
@The_Philosopher:
We have 24 packs in America.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude
@Themanohall said:
" @The_Philosopher: We have 24 packs in America. "
We call it a case of beer, we can also buy kegs of beer or pony kegs. Beer is good and plentiful if the laws of the county allow it.
Avatar image for the_philosopher
The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Philosopher
@Video_Game_King:
Close but no not quite. It's a canoe race and it rains every year without fail on this day so bye bye camping.

Also I'm glad you guys have plentiful amounts of brew, it would be a crime to deny a man his choice of beer in massive quantites.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

1f j00 <@n r3@d 7h!5 73h, j00 43r 4 n3rd.