#1 Posted by Sor_Eddie (90 posts) -

Like most Canadians, I have a bandwidth cap on my internet plan, so I'd really like to know if there's a way to just download premium videos like TNT, Unprofessional Fridays, etc to my HDD for repeat viewing, because the very idea of re-streaming a 720p video file whenever I want to rewatch them makes my internet tubes choke and cry.

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13167 posts) -

Yeah, just load up the page of the video you want to download, say, last weeks Unprofessional Fridays, and click the phat button that says "download." Then choose whatever quality level you want.

#3 Posted by Sor_Eddie (90 posts) -

@toowalrus: Ugh, I feel silly now! I was thinking the download button would be embedded in the actual video player itself, where the Embiggen/Streaming Quality/etc stuff is, and I got all tunnel vision-y. Thanks anyway!

#4 Posted by Wolfgame (708 posts) -

@sor_eddie: Something else I tend to mention to new premium members also, if you have the 360 internet explorer APP you can navigate to the premium content and select that same download button to play that content easily on your tv. I do this frequently on the unprofessional fridays segment. I find the medium option runs best for this type of playback based on my internet speed. Anyways, enjoy your premium status.

#5 Posted by Sor_Eddie (90 posts) -

@wolfgame: I don't really use that, but thanks for the advice anyway. Actually, I was wondering though if anyone knows what the video resolutions for Mobile/Med/High/HD are?

#6 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Best of luck and enjoy getting frustrated to all hell with downloads on this site. I can't count the number of times that I have had to redownload a video because it just dies like 1/4 of the way through.

#7 Edited by fetchfox (1260 posts) -

@sor_eddie: I can't tell you exact (I'm on my phone…), but anything less than "high" quality looks bad in my opinion. You need some detail when the crew are playing old CD ROM games or similar. I always goes for HD, though beware that a two hour show is 4GBs or more.

#8 Posted by dodgyc (70 posts) -

Best thing is the framerate of the HD version is usually 60fps so everything looks smoother than the live show. The HD version looks to be 720p.