#1 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1416 posts) -

I've been waiting for this to come on sale for ever. I played a ton of the demo which is crazy rare for me. I'm pretty sure I'll get $7.50 worth of gameplay from this purchase.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8190/

#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14562 posts) -

*sigh* 

Another Steam sale. Another opportunity to reflect on how crappy my computer is. Oh well, to whoever buys it: Have fun!

#3 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

If you have a decent rig, it's such a fun game. You'll be like woah, this game is so fun, I can't believe it. I have nothing but good things to say about the game and it's like a hundred times better than the demo. Believe me i've been there, where I thought the demo was okay, once you get the game, you won't be able to stop playing it.  

#4 Posted by Furyjoell (260 posts) -

I didn't really like it, but for that price you can't really say no.

#5 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2713 posts) -

For all those who don't have JC2, you should now :P

#6 Posted by Capum15 (4966 posts) -

It's for the Steam Treasure Hunt thingy. Never would've tried Beat Hazards' Survival mode if not for that, and it's crazy intense. Managed to score a cool 7 mil, a tad above the required 3.7m.

Anyway, I love JC2 on the 360 and would love it even more on the PC, but alas, my laptop is not up to par.

#7 Posted by JB16 (745 posts) -

Well if you guys excuse me, I gotta go get my credit card...and change my pants.

#8 Posted by zudthespud (3283 posts) -

just finished playing 2 hours, this game is great. 

#9 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" *sigh*  Another Steam sale. Another opportunity to reflect on how crappy my computer is. Oh well, to whoever buys it: Have fun! "  

I feel the same way :(... The most recent game I can play on mine is Fallout: NV and that's only on medium/low settings. Just Cause 2 lags like a moafacka on my pc even on low settings.
#10 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Just another reason to love PC gaming.   
#11 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

If you want the steam objective:

1.Find a military helicopter
2.Fly to to coast near where you started.
3.Go medieval on an oil rig.

Good times.

#12 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
"*sigh*  Another Steam sale. Another opportunity to reflect on how crappy my computer is. Oh well, to whoever buys it: Have fun! "

I feel for you. PC gaming looks so tantalising, but expensive. 
Except for Steam sales... which look great.
#13 Posted by heylookitsamber (6 posts) -

I want a grappling hook for Christmas

#14 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

How are the mouse and keyboard controls? I usually only like the pc setup for fps's and rts's

#15 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1416 posts) -
@DelroyLindo:  I'm using my wired xbox controller if that tells you anything. Although I didn't bother setting up the keyboard controlls... like GTA flying choppers and drivings cars kinda suck on the keyboard.
#16 Posted by EVO (3932 posts) -
@heylookitsamber said:
" I want a grappling hook for Christmas "
And an infinite amount of parachutes, right?
#17 Posted by goodwood (600 posts) -
@Jack_Daniels: Does the game have Live achievements?
#18 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1416 posts) -
@goodwood:  Yeah there totally live when you get them, they don't delay them till the end of the game!
#19 Posted by goodwood (600 posts) -
@Jack_Daniels: very funny
#20 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1416 posts) -
@goodwood:  Haha, sorry but that was pretty dumb asking if a PC game from steam has xbox live achievements.
#21 Posted by Tearhead (2197 posts) -

The requirements for that game are fucking insane. The demo was a framerate mess when I tried it.

#22 Posted by Demokk (161 posts) -
@Jack_Daniels:
There are some games on Steam that do have Xbox Live achievements. GTA IV, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2, Universe at War are good examples.
@goodwood:
It doesn't have Live achievements, just Steam ones.
#23 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up! Buying now. :D

#24 Posted by Akeldama (4255 posts) -

I just bought a $2000 Asus laptop! Hurray for steam! 

Edit: $200 gone...uhg...fuck you steam...

#25 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@Akeldama: I know what you mean. Just got a new laptop and I'm trying to restrain myself from Steam. Also, fuck yes, I can run Just Cause 2 on high. Fucking buy!
#26 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@Geno: I'm with you there. I'm so glad I can run current games now. It's like being able to see the promised land for the first time.
#27 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1416 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:
" @Geno: I'm with you there. I'm so glad I can run current games now. It's like being able to see the promised land for the first time. "
Welcome back buddy :)
#28 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

Just picked it up a few hours ago. I played through it already on 360, but i had an itch to go mess around in it again and couldn't turn it down for this price. The better graphics and mods are nice to change it up too.

#29 Edited by Portis (1290 posts) -
@Jack_Daniels said:

" @goodwood:  Haha, sorry but that was pretty dumb asking if a PC game from steam has xbox live achievements. "

Actually, not as dumb as you'd think. Grand Theft Auto IV -- the version you buy from Steam -- uses GFW Live and has those associated achievements. Which as I'm sure you're aware, Xbox 360 achievements and GFW Live achievements are essentially the same thing. I think @goodwood's question was valid. :) 

But anyway @goodwood, Just Cause 2 doesn't use GFW Live and you won't get those achievements, you're going to get Steam achievements. Either way, heck of a game for 7 bucks. I bought it a few months ago for 20 dollars from steam and thought that was a steal.
#30 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -
#31 Posted by goodwood (600 posts) -
@Portis: haha I knew my question was valid, I just bought Batman:AA in November on Steam and it had GFW Live achievements. I still bought the game yesterday because why the hell not when it is 7.50.