Just got back from Gamespot

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Megalon

I believe you mean Gamestop. And yes, I'm sure it's easy to cancel your order, since it's not like those will be shipping anytime soon.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3  Edited By mike

It's always possible to cancel your preorder at any time.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By giyanks22
MB said:
"It's always possible to cancel your preorder at any time."
What he said
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kush

You can always cancel a pre-order or switch a pre-order without worries, or paying some kind of fee. I think you may get charged a fee if you want to cancel within 24-48 hours of the street date, but I'm not sure...also if you paid for a pre-order through some trade-in special deal...that might mess things up too, but not if you're just changing your pre-order to the LE.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

You guys have to put money up front for preorders? HaHaHaHaHa.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Demyx
MattyFTM said:
"You guys have to put money up front for preorders? HaHaHaHaHa."
yeah, but then when the game comes out you subract that amount from the actual price.
SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By SSbabel

Damn you got some money son.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10  Edited By mike
Kush said:
 I think you may get charged a fee if you want to cancel within 24-48 hours of the street date
That's definitely not the case.  You can cancel preorders at any time and get 100% of your money back.  Any Gamestop employee that tells you there is a penalty for cancelling preorders is lying to you - they're just trying to pad their numbers, because they get rated on how many reserves they take, and a lot of times the number of work hours they get in a week is based on that number.  If they cancel a preorder and don't apply the $5 or whatever to another upcoming game, that's minus one on their reserves number for that day.  They don't want that, and will do anything possible to stop you from cancelling a reserve (while simultaneously trying to get you to reserve Final Fantasy XXXIV). 

As you can see, I hope every Gamestop gets simultaneously struck by lightning and burns to the ground.  Not while anyone is inside though, of course. 
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By duxup

I think if you go to GameSPOT and try to get your money back for a preorder you're going to find that difficult ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

duxup said:
"I think if you go to GameSPOT and try to get your money back for a preorder you're going to find that difficult ;)"
I THINK somebody already corrected him in the second post.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By duxup
DazbotAthertron said:
"duxup said:
"I think if you go to GameSPOT and try to get your money back for a preorder you're going to find that difficult ;)"
I THINK somebody already corrected him in the second post."
I know, I was just being silly.  Imagining someone showing up at CNET demanding their preorder money back... bah nevermind.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
sarkeen said:
"uMattyFTM said:
"You guys have to put money up front for preorders? HaHaHaHaHa."
So what do you do?"
Here in the UK you generally walk into the store, say you want to preorder a game, give them your name and mobile phone number, and walk out. They'll send you a text message when its ready to collect. You don't pay any money up front, you just pay the whole amount when you collect it.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
sarkeen said:
"So theres not really a difference. Either way you pay full price. soo, to quote you, HaHaHaHaHa."
I just think its stupid having to give a huge company $5 of your money and you get nothing in return for X months. Why couldn't they just take your details and get the money off you when you come and collect it?
Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Zirilius
MattyFTM said:
"sarkeen said:
"So theres not really a difference. Either way you pay full price. soo, to quote you, HaHaHaHaHa."
I just think its stupid having to give a huge company $5 of your money and you get nothing in return for X months. Why couldn't they just take your details and get the money off you when you come and collect it?"
Because in a capitalist society putting money down on a product almost ensures that one way or another you are going to come back to the store. Whether thats to pick up your game or to pick up your money. It also guarantess that they have to hold the game for you for up to 48 hours I believe if you put $5 down or indefinetly if you paid for the game in full.  Its also safer financially for the company to gauge interest for a game at particular store, that way  they can send the proper amount of product to that store and it helps  to prevent product from going unmoved since they can limit the number of unsold product in the store

You saying you want a game XX number of days or months before a game comes out does not necessarily mean you have to go and pick it up, backing it with some sort of financial backing at least means traffic.
krazychris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By krazychris
MattyFTM said:
"sarkeen said:
I just think its stupid having to give a huge company $5 of your money and you get nothing in return for X months. Why couldn't they just take your details and get the money off you when you come and collect it?"
I guess the places that do it see it as a intrest free loan; and who knows they might even forget to pick their game up.
Avatar image for vibratingdonkey
vibratingdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By vibratingdonkey

Pre-ordering a game from Gamestop where I live would deem you irrefutably crazy.

Example: Far Cry 2 PC

Gamestop
Drive down to store to pre-order, pay deposit. Drive down when game is available, pay rest, totalling at 499SEK

Anywhere else, online.
Go to site and pre-order. Pay ~399SEK, game in the mail.

Play.com
Go to site and pre-order. Pay ~330SEK, game delivered in a sweet steelbook case, in the mail.

It just makes no sense at all why anyone would do that. It makes no sense that games are more expensive at a retailer specializing in games. It's all so highly illogical it bothers my brain how it can be a reality.

Things must be really different in the US.

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By aaox

Gamestop employee: 'We're sorry, but to post on this forum you need to place a ore-order. We have plenty of used forums, though.'

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Player1

I did it for halo, so no worries, ull be able to change it.