Just heard the news.. GBeast going to be ok?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jennifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Very sad to hear about Austins departure but hope it works out well for him. What does this mean for GBeast? Is it going to end up going the way of Chicago? I've grown to LOVE the content coming out of GBeast, some of my favorite stuff honestly. And would be crushed to hear we are losing more than Austin.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

On the stream when Austin announced his departure, Jeff said they'd be adding a new hire in New York, so GBeast isn't going anywhere. It'll be just Alex and Vinny until they bring in a new third.

Jennifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: Oh they announced this on a stream? I just saw on twitter and was freaking out :x That's good news then.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: Oh they announced this on a stream? I just saw on twitter and was freaking out :x That's good news then.

They made the announcement at the very end of the final day E3 stream. It was 3AM EST/12AM PST, I don't blame you for missing it.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

There will be an adjustment period. The Beast existed before Austin, thrived with Austin, and will continue being great post-Austin. Whoever comes in later will certainly bring a different flavor, but I trust they'll pick someone excellent again.

GB Chicago was Patrick at home, but NY has a proper office and everything. It's a core piece of Giant Bomb at this point.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

GB Chicago was never really a thing, anyway. Patrick made a good effort of making something of living where he wanted to be, but it never really made sense.

Jennifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jennifyre

@ll_exile_ll: I literally fell asleep after the magical segment with Lang and Johnny V. Just missed it i see.

This does open the door once again to get female talent on Giant Bomb though. Looking forward to seeing things shake up.

Hire Mary Kish

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

There will be an adjustment period. The Beast existed before Austin, thrived with Austin, and will continue being great post-Austin. Whoever comes in later will certainly bring a different flavor, but I trust they'll pick someone excellent again.

GB Chicago was Patrick at home, but NY has a proper office and everything. It's a core piece of Giant Bomb at this point.

What's Brad Muir up to these days?

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By deerokus

Brad Muir got assimilated in the Valve allthing and has never been seen since.

I am sure they will find someone awesome, there's a few I can think of who would fit well (Mary Kish would indeed be a perfect choice but incredibly unlikely I assume).

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Jennifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deerokus: Perfect indeed. Shes a video editor so it would definitely be a giant help to Vinny.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Gita Jackson is a big GB fan, a big Austin fan and likes dope shit for cool people. Just sayin'

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes ... perfect ... mary would just have to take a pay cut and move to new york ... that is indeed the definition of a perfect fit

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I'm not sure how they will recover.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GB East already had my interest before Austin. It will have my same interest afterwards.

Having said that, I took a at first slow but increasing liking to Austin. And surprisingly to me, I am truly bummed he is going.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

dont worry gbeast will be right bakalar

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as Vinny's here, I have no fear.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

Maybe they'll hire someone who will actually stick around for more then a year.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's funny cause I always thought that gbeast really needed a 4th person. Now they are down to two again.

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Tribunal

@poisonjam7: This guy literally just got offered the opportunity to start his own gaming website. Should he remain a news editor for GB? A dream job for many sure, but he is probably getting an attractive salary and editorial control over a vertical that is going to be well supported. Loyalty can take a seat in this instance, especially with the excellent work Austin has been doing, he has earned a bigger platform.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I mean, there's always that rotating chair. Right?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By mike

There are already a couple of topics about Austin's departure from Giant Bomb. It's been less than 24 hours since we even heard the news about Austin. Jeff will tell everyone the news when there is news to tell, until then, let's save the speculation.