#1 Posted by diehard (10 posts) -

I was reading about GameSpot on Wikipedia and heard about what happened with some of the long standing staff.  Looks like something good came out of it though.  I'll continue poking around and checking out the site.  :)  Thanks for putting time into this guys!

#2 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -
caption
#3 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -

welcome to the Bomb. yeah its fucked up what happened over at GS but this site is waay more fun anyway

#4 Posted by diehard (10 posts) -

Thats what happens when corporate politics get involved though.  It's always better to keep it small.  

#5 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
diehard said:
"Thats what happens when corporate politics get involved though.  It's always better to keep it small.  "
It's not the size that counts...it's how you use it.
#6 Posted by diehard (10 posts) -

Indeed.

#7 Posted by Metasin (219 posts) -

biff, thats some really funny stuff, especially for a stern fan

#8 Posted by Gamer_152 (14067 posts) -

Welcome to Giant Bomb, I'm afraid it is not possible for you to leave, you work for us now Mr. Diehard.

#9 Posted by Roger_Klotz (776 posts) -

Welcome to Giant Bomb this site is more awsomer and cooler.

#10 Edited by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

Welcome to the Giant Bomb forums!  It's like GameFAQS, but with picture posting capabilities!

#11 Posted by GagJ (77 posts) -
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"
caption
"
You, my friend, only get better with each post.
#12 Posted by Nude_Dude (1076 posts) -
GagJ said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"
caption
"
You, my friend, only get better with each post."
Or by posting the same thing again and again.
#13 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -
Nude_Dude said:
"GagJ said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"
caption
"
Or by posting the same thing again and again."
Fuckin A' right!
#14 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

That's the official Giant Bomb weclome mat.

#15 Posted by MB (12248 posts) -
Kush said:
It's not the size that counts...it's how you use it."
Only bombs with small...explosions think size doesn't matter!
#16 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

They can still splatter the tanks with shrapnel, though.

#17 Posted by GagJ (77 posts) -
Nude_Dude said:
"GagJ said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"
caption
"
Or by posting the same thing again and again."
Somebodys jealous
#18 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -
Super Jeff!

Cant go wrong with Super Jeff.
#19 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
Kush said:
"diehard said:
"Thats what happens when corporate politics get involved though.  It's always better to keep it small.  "
It's not the size that counts...it's how you use it."
Probably not the best choice of words.
#20 Posted by dankempster (2252 posts) -
Vaxadrin said:
"That's the official Giant Bomb weclome mat."
As of now, I shall wait for such an item to become available through the future Giant Bomb merchandise store. Such an item is bound to sell even faster than the T-shirts! :P
#22 Posted by albaker (437 posts) -

Welcome, when you hear that the bomb exploded, it literally DID, it nearly made the site crash from how many people came to subscribe plus it's creative and much more fun than GS. I view this site as a Wikipedia but devoted video games only and with a fun forum that is always active, with talented reviewers.

#23 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3090 posts) -
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
Fuckin A' right!"
I say it's time you made a new picture. Maybe a Star Wars one with Brad as Luke, Ryan as Chewbacca, Jeff as Han solo, and Vinny as Princess Leia.
#24 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

The Vinny SpaceBalls picture is as close as we'll ever get.

#25 Posted by diehard (10 posts) -
Gamer_152 said:
"Welcome to Giant Bomb, I'm afraid it is not possible for you to leave, you work for us now Mr. Diehard."
Did I just cross into the Dark Side?  :)
#26 Posted by CarlosX360 (27 posts) -

I decided to come over here right at the time GB started their blog, and then I registered a few weeks after.

#27 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"
caption
"
Woah.
#28 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3963 posts) -

I just hope the Forums here don't turn into Gamespotesque Forums. I've already noticed an uptick trend in the number of locked threads lately.   They should put a time limit before the thread locks...give us all 15 minutes to add in our thoughts...For instance, I was in a thread about to write something & noticed the features were gone...this soo much reminds me of Gamespot because it seemed they were just locking threads left & right. People get paid to do that?  Boggles the mind.

#29 Posted by MB (12248 posts) -
Lind_L_Taylor said:
They should put a time limit before the thread locks...give us all 15 minutes to add in our thoughts

Sorry, but that's just not in the cards.  If a thread is prohibited, inappropriate, or spam, it's going to be locked or deleted as soon as a moderator sees it.  I don't know of any forum on the internet that would keep an inappropriate thread up for 15 minutes just so people could put in their two cents.
#30 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -

Welcome to the club Diehard

#31 Posted by diehard (10 posts) -
MB said:
"Lind_L_Taylor said:
They should put a time limit before the thread locks...give us all 15 minutes to add in our thoughts

Sorry, but that's just not in the cards.  If a thread is prohibited, inappropriate, or spam, it's going to be locked or deleted as soon as a moderator sees it.  I don't know of any forum on the internet that would keep an inappropriate thread up for 15 minutes just so people could put in their two cents."
I understand that and also realize by discussing such, this thread is in danger of becoming off topic.  This was not my intention, being a former moderator for Centropolise Gaming Center (former landing pad for the Mythic Entertainment ship) anyway, I shall become familair with your forum policies as soon as possible.  I'd like to be an active member of this cool online community.  :)  Thanks to everyone for the welcomes and I look forward to ranting and raving games with you all.  
-DieHard
#32 Posted by Player1 (3861 posts) -
diehard said:
"MB said:
"Lind_L_Taylor said:

Sorry, but that's just not in the cards.  If a thread is prohibited, inappropriate, or spam, it's going to be locked or deleted as soon as a moderator sees it.  I don't know of any forum on the internet that would keep an inappropriate thread up for 15 minutes just so people could put in their two cents."
I understand that and also realize by discussing such, this thread is in danger of becoming off topic.  This was not my intention, being a former moderator for Centropolise Gaming Center (former landing pad for the Mythic Entertainment ship) anyway, I shall become familair with your forum policies as soon as possible.  I'd like to be an active member of this cool online community.  :)  Thanks to everyone for the welcomes and I look forward to ranting and raving games with you all.  
-DieHard
"
Policies? The only policies are no spamming, trolling, flaming, and no spoilers. You can cuss, fuck yes. You can talk about random shit. Good to see you want to keep things under control. Some times the off topics get to off topic for my liking.