Just sold my junk 360 to Best Buy for $100

knifeoframbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Best Buy promotion where you trade in any 360 or ps3 console that powers on for $100 is for real. My 360 would power on but it wouldn't stay off unless I unplugged it and it also looked like hell from being beaten with a wrench (don't ask). The reason I'm posting this is if you have a console that is in crappy condition like mine this may be one of the last chances you get to make some decent money off it to put towards a next gen console or games if you already have one. When I left I felt like I had just robbed the store because there's no way my console was worth $100. Sorry if there has already been a post about this, was just excited to share that it works!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Does this work in Canada as well or is it just a US thing?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bigjeffrey

Was going to take advantage of this but Forgot i opened my Xbox 360 and broke the seal.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

The Best Buy promotion where you trade in any 360 or ps3 console that powers on for $100 is for real. My 360 would power on but it wouldn't stay off unless I unplugged it and it also looked like hell from being beaten with a wrench (don't ask). The reason I'm posting this is if you have a console that is in crappy condition like mine this may be one of the last chances you get to make some decent money off it to put towards a next gen console or games if you already have one. When I left I felt like I had just robbed the store because there's no way my console was worth $100. Sorry if there has already been a post about this, was just excited to share that it works!

What components do you need to include with it? Hard drive? cables?

knifeoframbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By knifeoframbo

@ll_exile_ll: I brought in the console, a controller, the power brick and the video cables. Not sure if any of that stuff is needed though.

@bigjeffrey: They didn't even check to see if my system worked, I doubt they would check the seal. The guy at the store said he didn't think they were going to try and sell them but that it was going on to try and get people in the store.

@liquidprince: not sure about Canada, I'd give them a call.

aerobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm planning on bringing in my 360. It's a launch era model that's dying. The fan sounds like a jet engine, it often doesn't read disks, and now it's even starting to scratch them. Only problem is that it'll be a little bit before I upgrade to nextgen, but it'll probably still be way worth it. I'm hoping to keep as much stuff as possible if they'll let me, hopefully the harddrive and controllers.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Good for you. Take on the system MAN!

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Yeah I am gonna do this, hopefully they take it without the hard drive. Walmart is gonna be selling Xbox 360 E 4Gb systems for $100 on black friday so I would just replace it.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was going to take advantage of this but Forgot i opened my Xbox 360 and broke the seal.

Are you talking the back serial number seal? if so you can just remove it and get the serial number from the area where the front USB's are. If it's the Microsoft seal I bet you no body notices that.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Does this work in Canada as well or is it just a US thing?

According to this Redflagdeals thread, it's US only. :(

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stupid question but I'm assuming that that's store credit?

I'm tempted to get rid of both my 360/PS3

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stupid question but I'm assuming that that's store credit?

I'm tempted to get rid of both my 360/PS3

Both PS3 and 360, also for gift cards

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-58e114a345bdd
deactivated-58e114a345bdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll definitely try this. I have a Xbox I bought from a cousin that I've only used to play Bayonetta. It has no hdmi. Probably a first gen system.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Just came back, thought i might use the gift card to get an xbox one but just gonna wait out and get some PC games cheap on black friday. I took it in, guy just started cleaning it and scanning the info in and I signed a paper and I was off with my $100 bucks. Mine was an Arcade from 2009 which was kinda quiete except super loud when accessing the DVD drive so didn't take it in with the hard drive or AV cables since I used HDMI. It was pretty simple.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By johncallahan

I have my old cruddy 360 here. Will they take it with no cables or Hard Drive?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did not end up doing this, someone's gotta play FinalFantasy 13-3

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xbox stream my junk

kylenalepa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did this with my old 360. You need the system, power brick and cord, video cables (HDMI or component), and one controller. Not sure about the hard drive - they told me specifically that you just need to bring everything necessary to play a game and since an HD isn't *technically* required, I don't know if it matters. Still a hell of a deal.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By crusader8463

Is there a limit on the number you can trade in? Ebay and sites like kijiji are always having people trying to trick people into buying broken systems for dirt cheap. If there's no limit go crazy and buy a bunch of them and then take them all in. Shame it's US only. Would be going to my local Futureshop if it was here in Canada.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Traded in my xbox earlier today and bought amazon gift cards with the Best buy gift card.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Traded in my xbox earlier today and bought amazon gift cards with the Best buy gift card.

Smart.

I unfortunately feel compelled to keep my 360. Every other system that I've sold away in the past, I've regretted. Besides, I have all of that Rock Band DLC that I need to keep telling myself is worth keeping the system for, and then not play.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjweatherman: My system was a year 1 or 2 I bought from my cousin. It had no hdmi. I will likely buy a new replacement down the line when they get cheap.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Best Buy promotion where you trade in any 360 or ps3 console that powers on for $100 is for real. My 360 would power on but it wouldn't stay off unless I unplugged it and it also looked like hell from being beaten with a wrench

Amazing. I like this thread.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did the same thing. Brought in a launch PS3 that would no longer read discs and a 360.

The girl behind the counter asked which console I was going to get. We had a bunch of small talk while she was prepping the systems. She had someone earlier in the day walk in with multiple consoles that they bought on Craigslist.

She did not test the systems to see if they powered on but did take a controller, the power supply/cable, and HDMI cable for each system. They had both the PS4 and One in stock at 7pm on a Friday night.