Just went Premium for the first time. What should I watch?

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

So thanks to the Giantbomb subreddit banner contest (and thanks to @voxus and everyone involved in organizing the contest), I received a two month premium membership for participating.

This is the first time i've gone premium, so let me know what awesome stuff I should be catching up on! I'm really keen to watch the Contradiction QL/ER series, something for which I'd considered going premium for the first time. That's the kind of content I enjoy watching - The Endurance Runs and the Classic, funny QLs. I usually don't enjoy most of the Live kind of shows which run for a couple of hours and where they play multiple different games (I'm guessing UPF is sorta like that too), but you can include those if they have truly great/funny moments too.

I also love Vinny's stuff.

I'm considering watching Metal Gear Scanlon. Is that as fun as the Persona and DP ERs? Is it basically an ER?

So what great stuff can I now catch up on being premium? Let me know your favorites!

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cubepunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Mario Party Party.

All of them.

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Look up the instances where Vinny plays a FMV Game, always amazing:

It may be hard to find all of them, but a rather comprehensive list is here: http://qlcrew.com/?anyone=anyone&vid_type=live&q=&game=any&hlt=FMVinny&per_page=15

(It's missing a few "Random PC Game" Episodes)

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm now the thing is that I might be only able to watch the whole MGS series or catch up on all the other random good stuff, since I won't have time to watch more than an hour or two worth of content per day. I'm wondering whether to commit to MGS while I play MGS V (Since I've never played an MGS game before) or dabble a bit in everything :P

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#8  Edited By isomeri

@armaan8014: You could just download the videos if you feel like you won't have the chance to watch all of them in the two months. Or you know, subscribe for a year.

mrwhitex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dudeglove: Nice to know. I will also take a look at this.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh man, Load our Last Souls was fantastic. The Black Knight 2000 music!!

Avatar image for deactivated-636514d3175a5
deactivated-636514d3175a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Be sure to check out all the old "Random PC Game" features.

Also, if you have a smartphone/tablet or a Roku, you should download the Giantbomb Apps and link your premium account. It's a great way to browse old Premium Content.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Loading Video...

Woodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Literally everything.

ppx89zbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Backflips 'n Bioforge is probably my favorite series.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By clagnaught

I'd say start with the video series, like:

• Contradiction: Spot the Liar
  • BioForge
  • Mario Party Party (They've done Mario Party through Mario Party 5 so far)
  • Metal Gear Scanlon

There's a ton of great content, but the typical shows feel better when you are seeing them live/around the time they aired. I'm not sure if I'm alone here. Like I joined around June 2014 and I didn't feel like watching Unprofessional Fridays from say April 2014. I'd say going forward start watching UPF and Giant Bomb East's Playdate. Playdate is turning into a great feature. Alex is currently playing Until Dawn (good game and a good series so far)

There are plenty of highlights from UPF, random earlier premium streams, Demo Derby, etc. but I can't really recommend a specific video, compared to the series I listed above.

A few other random suggestions:

• Jeff's trip down Bloodborne was really good. It's split up between UPF and a separate video. So search Bloodborne and see anything that references Jeff
  • Windjammers and Mount Your Friends are always entertaining
  • Avalon: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-unplugged-avalon/2300-9530/
  • I've watched bits and pieces of VinnyVania when they are aired live. Maybe it's because I haven't played CastleVania, but I don't feel like watching the archived streams. I've had fun seeing them live though.

EDIT: I guess the one problem with Metal Gear Scanlon is how long it was. After the MGSV trailer video, the last one as of right now, I counted up how long the series was, and it was something like 81 hours(!!!!!!!!!!)