#1 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -
#2 Edited by NTM (7234 posts) -

When it comes out? I... don't think so? I put no, but it doesn't mean no for sure. I kind of feel like playing it again soon. I had only gone through it once somewhat unsatisfied with how it ended. Since some of the characters died; I didn't want that. Other than that, I just needed to beat it on hard, and upgrade the Nomandy and I'm good to go.
#3 Posted by Vorbis (2749 posts) -

Depends on how it will handle the lack of ME1. No Wrex, no buy.

#4 Posted by RavenX302 (258 posts) -

What's the point of buying the game again if you already own it? does the PS3 version come with something special?

#5 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

I already own it on the 360 so no..  I'd still recommend PS3 only players give it a try, but I do think a large part of the charm and appeal came from the fact it was a sequel to the first.  Not knowing the story or setting to the first would greatly diminish the experience, in my opinion. 
 
Seeing the SR2 for the first time, near the start of the game was a huge deal - like seeing the new Enterprise at the end of Star Trek IV.  But would mean nothing out of context.
#6 Posted by PenguinDust (12436 posts) -

Nope.  Got it on the 360 already, although I would consider picking up the first and second for the PC off Steam during their next big sale.  These days I spend a lot more time playing PC games than console ones.  My platform of choice tends to change every 7 or 8 months depending on what's out. 

#7 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -
@PenguinDust said:
"Nope.  Got it on the 360 already, although I would consider picking up the first and second for the PC off Steam during their next big sale.  These days I spend a lot more time playing PC games than console ones.  My platform of choice tends to change every 7 or 8 months depending on what's out.  "

Exact same opinion. Excluding the Wii mostly.
#8 Posted by NinjaHunter (972 posts) -

Im going to get it. Don't have a 360 and my pc sucks.

#9 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

I own it for 360 and PC, and yes I'll be getting it for PS3.

#10 Posted by TheBlindChessman (241 posts) -

I think it's crazy that they didn't also port Mass Effect 1 and release a box set of both games. I played ME 1 on my 360 but if I only had a PS3 I don't think I'd dream of picking up a story driven RPG where the first chapter was missing. 

#11 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

No, I have the superior pc version already. I might only consider a rental if they include all the dlc, then again I should use that money towards dlc content from the pc version instead.

#12 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" No, I have the superior pc version already. I might only consider a rental if they include all the dlc, then again I should use that money towards dlc content from the pc version instead. "
Why is this guy still allowed to post?
#13 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -
@CL60: What I was answering the question why I won't buy the ps3 version, what's your problem backstabber? What proof do you have to counter my statement then that the pc version isn't the definitive version graphically? Nothing. It's purely 100% true and i'm not trying to make anyone feel bad, however it is the superior version. If I said dragon age orgins is superior on the pc, is that wrong too? No. Don't mininterpret my post unless you can prove that statement wrong, I also thought about renting it at least. At least i'm giving the game a chance because i'm interested in the dlc content if it's included or not.
#14 Posted by Galiant (2175 posts) -

I was going to, but I got Mass Effect 1 cheap on Steam and I just couldn't wait for ME2 to come out on PS3 to see what happens...I also wanted to import my save.

#15 Posted by RE_Player1 (7544 posts) -

I got Mass Effect 1 for PC but didn't want to get the 2nd one cause I knew it was coming for PS3. Hopefully they have a good way to kinda shape the world you had it in Mass Effect 1. 

#16 Posted by ZoomyRamen (237 posts) -

Ive already got it on 360, but I'll pick it up on PS3 if it comes with all the DLC. Unless a GOTY edition comes out for 360...

#17 Posted by LiquidPrince (15833 posts) -

I have 3 copies already. One for PC, two for 360, but I'm still going to be picking it up for PS3.

#18 Posted by TheJohn (553 posts) -

I already own the PC version. If not, I'd probably get it for the PS3

#19 Posted by PS3RG (424 posts) -

I already have it on 360 so nope. On a side note, will the PS3 version of ME 2 be a full price $59.99 game?

#20 Edited by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@CL60 said:

" @HitmanAgent47 said:

" No, I have the superior pc version already. I might only consider a rental if they include all the dlc, then again I should use that money towards dlc content from the pc version instead. "
Why is this guy still allowed to post? "
Leave him alone. If he was to make himself look like an idiotic fanboy, thats his choice.
#21 Posted by EVO (3850 posts) -

Nope. I already have it on 360 but haven't even opened it, since I can't be fucked playing the first. Some day I'll get around to playing them both, when there's no games to play.

#22 Posted by Azteck (7450 posts) -
@TheBlindChessman said:
" I think it's crazy that they didn't also port Mass Effect 1 and release a box set of both games. I played ME 1 on my 360 but if I only had a PS3 I don't think I'd dream of picking up a story driven RPG where the first chapter was missing.  "
It's because, if I remember correctly, ME1 is property of Microsoft whereas ME2 is signed to EA Games.
#23 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
"@CL60 said:

" @HitmanAgent47 said:

" No, I have the superior pc version already. I might only consider a rental if they include all the dlc, then again I should use that money towards dlc content from the pc version instead. "
Why is this guy still allowed to post? "
Leave him alone. If he was to make himself look like an idiotic fanboy, thats his choice. "

I think you mean, if he wants to, not was to.
#24 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

So does it also come with all that dlc that they put out or what?

#25 Posted by Daryl (1781 posts) -

I'll stick to my zero copies.

#26 Posted by Gargantuan (1880 posts) -

I already have it on my 360 and I can't imagine starting a fresh character without a ME 1 save. That's why I'm playing ME 1 again since I lost my saves when I bought a new 360 because of a RRoD. I noticed that my saves were gone after I had installed ME2 and downloaded all the DLC. :/