Kanye West and video game consoles.

Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Sil3n7

He goes a little nuts talking about opening a new console.

Enjoy?

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm actually impressed that he was able to name so many different consoles.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not get that "Feeling" when I open my console gift and see a 3DO...

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It does seem like he's quite knowledgeable about these sort of "geeky" things, for lack of a better word. He's pretty public about his love for anime for example too.

And say what you will about him, guy is passionate.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The man tells people not to be sheep their whole lives, then proceeds to tell everyone what they think and how being materialistic is what brings true joy in life. The man is an idiot.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure that my Megadrive didn't give me the same amount of wood as my first Penthouse.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jayeh said:

I'm actually impressed that he was able to name so many different consoles.

He told a story once about how he programmed a game that was like Mario or something but you played as a penis or something like that.

Dude's geekier than he lets on.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DystopiaX

@pandabear said:

The man tells people not to be sheep their whole lives, then proceeds to tell everyone what they think and how being materialistic is what brings true joy in life. The man is an idiot.

That's not what I got from it at all. OP cut off the clip, but basically he's saying he's doing fashion because it makes him happy and fulfilling, like when you're a kid and you get a present you want. The video game console example isn't about the console or physical material itself, but the happiness you felt when you were a little kid and you got the exact present that you really wanted.

That example works because a lot of people had that exact same experience. Mine was when I was 5 and my parents surprised me by getting one of those deluxe Power Ranger sets that had their 5 giant vehicles or whatever combine into one giant dude. That thing was awesome. I wasn't expecting much and got something dope and I was that happy. Dude's just trying to explain that he's chasing after his dream of having his own fashion show for that same feeling of happiness at the end of it too.

He's basically saying follow your dreams. Nowhere in the interview did he tell you what that dream should be.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By PandaBear

@pandabear said:

That's not what I got from it at all. OP cut off the clip, but basically he's saying he's doing fashion because it makes him happy and fulfilling, like when you're a kid and you get a present you want. The video game console example isn't about the console or physical material itself, but the happiness you felt when you were a little kid and you got the exact present that you really wanted.

That example works because a lot of people had that exact same experience. Mine was when I was 5 and my parents surprised me by getting one of those deluxe Power Ranger sets that had their 5 giant vehicles or whatever combine into one giant dude. That thing was awesome. I wasn't expecting much and got something dope and I was that happy. Dude's just trying to explain that he's chasing after his dream of having his own fashion show for that same feeling of happiness at the end of it too.

He's basically saying follow your dreams. Nowhere in the interview did he tell you what that dream should be.

He said earlier in the interview (part 2 I think) that when he went on stage at the MTV Awards he was the only one brave enough to stand up and say that Beyonce is better than Taylor Swift. Now you don't have to like either of those options, but the point is she won fair-and-square and frankly if I had to pick between the two I'd pick Swift... the overall point is that he acted like he was doing everyone a favour and acts like martyr because he had the guts to speak out about this injustice. What he was doing was ramming his opinion down people's throats while showcasing just how little he cares about other people's feelings. Yeah I know, it's not a big deal -- but that's the point. He was defending the rights of refugees or standing up for the rights of some disenfranchised group, he was being a dick at an awards show. It happened like three years ago and he still brings it up like he was some sort of free-thinking hero.

That was what I had a real problem with.

And he talks about fashion not like he wants to create but like he IS fashion and HE made trends that were stolen from him and we all now wear. Firstly, I highly doubt that's true, secondly he has zero-humility. All that talk about architecture and designing water bottles was ego-driven shit. I mean architecture!? Fuck me.

I dunno, I don't want to harp on it too much. And I can see what you mean about the getting exactly what you want... I think we all have examples of that... but I hate the way he acts like the second coming and his sycophants follow his every command.

For the record, not all Kanye fans are sycophants and I do like his music... but yeah, I think he's a bit of a dickhead who has proven time and time again he cannot take a joke.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@pandabear said:

Of course he does. It's hard to ignore it when a single one of your actions is parroted back at you year after year, especially when you have narcissistic tendencies. He's giving the event as much attention as feedback suggests it deserves.

That seems to me to be the important thing. If you don't agree with the man's demeanor, then don't engage with the coverage. He may be rude, but he's not despicable.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pandabear: Sure I agree he's a little bit egotistic.

Bit of a Kanye fan so I was able to contextualize more of what he said- the stuff about Architecture refers to an article that appeared in the New Yorker (or new york times or some shit like that) where the reporter visited him in Paris. He was in the middle of redecorating his apartment and was hanging out with/collaborating with/learning from several different architects, like he was actually trying to learn that shit.

Leather jogging pants are apparently an in-thing among people like him and Kim Kardashian/other fashion-conscious celebrities, so if he really did come up with that idea a couple years ago as he claimed I could see why he's frustrated that no fashion company would work with him.

Again, not saying he isn't a bit full of himself but I feel like a lot of people write him off as just being full of himself, but he brings up a lot of good points too. I think it's a combination of his ego and him having difficulties expressing what he's actually thinking.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

As someone who is completely oblivious to most of the pop culture icons these days, that actually endeared me to Kanye a little.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@pandabear: The only reason he talks about the Taylor Swift thing is because people in the media still bring it up constantly. White people will forget slavery before they forget that Kanye West interrupted Taylor Swift.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Kanye West is the best celebrity in the world right now.

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tsutohiro

You're being sarcastic, right?

Is he the "best" celebrity or best "celebrity"?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By RonGalaxy

I think he wanted to become a game developer when he was younger, but got swept up in dat game called being swag

CLAman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kanye and video games......why doesn't this compute

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By Nodima

As egotistical and abrasive as Kanye West is, it's always important to keep in mind that he is coming from a perspective of black history that a lot of people feel is worth ignoring in an era of hip-hop and black presidents. He didn't say George Bush doesn't care about black people because he didn't like George Bush. And he didn't argue Beyoncé had the video of the year because he didn't like Taylor Swift's video. Kanye didn't like Bush or Swift's video, but those weren't the reasons he did those things, impulsive (and likely drunken, especially in the Swift case) as they were.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Lol are you all kidding? Everyone with half a brain knows Kanye was 200% right at that award show... That organization is shill bullshit, Kanye spoke the truth.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thatdutchguy

lol

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lackingsaint said:

You're being sarcastic, right?

Is he the "best" celebrity or best "celebrity"?

No way in hell can you put celebrity in quotes when talking about Kanye West. He's a fucking dynamo, crazy or not, and everyone talks about everything he does.

No Caption Provided

Also, I have no idea how this pic is relevant but I saw it the other day and it made me laugh, though I'm not sure it was supposed to. Just like Kanye!

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Milkman

For the record, I just want to point something out about the whole VMAs thing. No matter what you may think of Kanye interrupting Taylor Swift, even if his methods were poorly conceived, he was 100% right. I mean, come on.

This Disney channel bullshit...

Loading Video...

won over this fucking tour de force of getting down.

Loading Video...

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

@pandabear: The only reason he talks about the Taylor Swift thing is because people in the media still bring it up constantly. White people will forget slavery before they forget that Kanye West interrupted Taylor Swift.

As much as I disagree with you on a lot of shit, this is a hilariously accurate point.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, I never realized what two videos that was all about. Talk about fucking retarded.