#1 Edited by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -

I know this forum was meant to be a place where you can post like an irish man at a pub while at the same time discussing video games, (which is honestly great) I think everyone needs to calm down. Yes I know, we're free, we can do whatever we want, blah blah blah. This doesn't mean that in every sentence there has to be someone preaching like a sailor. You dealt with it at other sites, so why can't you show some respect and keep it on the down low here? I am assuming we are all mature enough here to accept the fact that not everyone likes to here curse words every sentence you read. Also, please don't make useless threads just to increase post count. You are only wasting bandwidth, space, and people's time. Be respectful to others and be considerate (unlike some poster I am thinking of); there is no reason to go crazy because you got banned from another site. Thank you for your time.

#2 Posted by Osmiles (196 posts) -

I agree, and the wall is an excellent album.

#3 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

Let's not turn this into Giant /b/omb.

#4 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -
Osmiles said:
"I agree, and the wall is an excellent album.
"

Yeah, one of the greatest of all time!
#5 Posted by Why_So_Serious (803 posts) -
tmontana1004 said:
"I know this forum was meant to be a place where you can post like an irish man at a pub while at the same time discussing video games, (which is honestly great) I think everyone needs to calm down. Yes I know, we're free, we can do whatever we want, blah blah blah. This doesn't mean that in every sentence there has to be someone preaching like a sailor. You dealt with it at other sites, so why can't you show some respect and keep it on the down low here? I am assuming we are all mature enough here to accept the fact that not everyone likes to here curse words every sentence you read. Also, please don't make useless threads just to increase post count. You are only wasting bandwidth, space, and people's time. Be respectful to others and be considerate (unlike some poster I am thinking of); there is no reason to go crazy because you got banned from another site. Thank you for your time."
I agree, DaWhiteAsian is a troll but if he keeps posting inappropriate content and cusses to much it could be taken away. Don't abuse your freedoms lol.
#6 Posted by Evolution (87 posts) -

I like swearing, but it will only ever remain good if it is used sparingly. 

#7 Posted by MattyFTM (14364 posts) -

Posts like this will only encourage people to do it. Until we get moderators (which will hopefully happen soon) we'll just have to ignore trolls.

#8 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -
Why_So_Serious said:
"tmontana1004 said:
"I know this forum was meant to be a place where you can post like an irish man at a pub while at the same time discussing video games, (which is honestly great) I think everyone needs to calm down. Yes I know, we're free, we can do whatever we want, blah blah blah. This doesn't mean that in every sentence there has to be someone preaching like a sailor. You dealt with it at other sites, so why can't you show some respect and keep it on the down low here? I am assuming we are all mature enough here to accept the fact that not everyone likes to here curse words every sentence you read. Also, please don't make useless threads just to increase post count. You are only wasting bandwidth, space, and people's time. Be respectful to others and be considerate (unlike some poster I am thinking of); there is no reason to go crazy because you got banned from another site. Thank you for your time."
I agree, DaWhiteAsian is a troll but if he keeps posting inappropriate content and cusses to much it could be taken away. Don't abuse your freedoms lol."

Exactly, and I see no reason for DaWhiteAsian to be trolling here. It would be much more fun to do it on a forum with real mods imo lol
#9 Posted by HipHopHitler (59 posts) -

Moderation vs. Freedom: There's a lot of stupid nonsense when people can say whatever they like and not get punished for it.

#10 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"Posts like this will only encourage people to do it. Until we get moderators (which will hopefully happen soon) we'll just have to ignore trolls.
"
This isn't really intended for the trolls because they are ignorant pricks who wont compromise with anyone. It's mainly for the people who aren't trolls, but are going a little too far with posts.
#11 Posted by MattyFTM (14364 posts) -
tmontana1004 said:
"MattyFTM said:
"Posts like this will only encourage people to do it. Until we get moderators (which will hopefully happen soon) we'll just have to ignore trolls.
"
This isn't really intended for the trolls because they are ignorant pricks who wont compromise with anyone. It's mainly for the people who aren't trolls, but are going a little too far with posts.
"
OK, I see what you mean.
#12 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -
HipHopHitler said:
"Moderation vs. Freedom: There's a lot of stupid nonsense when people can say whatever they like and not get punished for it."

Yeah, it's like anarchy vs. government. Every country needs a government to keep their citizens in line.
#13 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -

Good try, but this probably won't help.

#14 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -
HipHopHitler said:
"Moderation vs. Freedom: There's a lot of stupid nonsense when people can say whatever they like and not get punished for it."
The keyboard turns a mere man into a warrior unfortunately.
#15 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -
Schizoid said:
"HipHopHitler said:
"
lol in our eyes
#16 Posted by Jaresk (143 posts) -

It's just because it's all new (I think).  Things will calm down eventually (I hope).

#17 Posted by HipHopHitler (59 posts) -
Schizoid said:
"HipHopHitler said:
"
And a mere 10 year old boy into a man
#18 Posted by and333 (842 posts) -
twenty0ne said:
"Let's not turn this into Giant /b/omb.
"
Agreed man!
#19 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

Well we have seen that whilst most of us can act pleasantly enough given the freedom, others take advantage of it and ruin it for everyone else, always been the way.

#20 Posted by nezze00 (144 posts) -

I agree. Yes, we need moderators. it is rather obvious when people are swearing out of anger or swearing to be offensive. It is ridiculous and I pray for some moderators soon. Until then, I'm gonna call foul play when I see it.

#21 Posted by Spiritof (2029 posts) -
Jaresk said:
"It's just because it's all new (I think).  Things will calm down eventually (I hope).
"
That's why I've been posting sparingly. Too many hyper-teens fighting for post counts and mystery points at the moment. I'll most likely post more when the tide goes back out.