• 56 results
#1 Edited by warley (39 posts) -

Ive always thought Matt was a good online personality and offered up entertaining content. Will he get offered something from all this shit thats gone down? He did eat surstromming on camera for goodness sake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO49pNF7XWw&t=3m17s

Oh God, we've got to throw that in the ocean and then throw that ocean in another ocean -Kessler

#2 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4603 posts) -

Yeah, I liked Kessler. Unfortunately he probably won't get anything out of this deal since I don't think he was actually an employee or anything, but I hope he shows up in some little corner of the internet. He should start the new, corporate-less Giant Bomb. This may be a joke, don't rage.

#3 Posted by LordAndrew (14417 posts) -
I offered him my presence on his podcast years ago. It was never published. The man deserves nothing.
#4 Posted by wjb (1616 posts) -

He was offered up as a sacrifice to the CBS gods.

R.I.P Matt Kessler (1999-2012)

#5 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Nope!

#6 Posted by Winternet (8000 posts) -

Goddammit Kessler.

#7 Posted by BombcastGoldthwait (250 posts) -

He seems to know games & has kind of a dry/weird sence of humor, so I hope he can land at the new Giant Bomb sometime, or somewhere else. Im curious to see what he can do in a bigger roll. Plus wasn't he an intern at GB for like 2yrs?

#8 Edited by IAmNotBatman (625 posts) -

Haven't you heard? He's reincarnating rivalvideogamewebsite.Would be funny if he took that domain and made videos though...

#9 Posted by ludorverr (67 posts) -

I like him. He plays Dark Souls, JRPGs, and recently apparently beat Mass effect 3 on its hardest difficulty.

He ain't no casual like... brad.

#10 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4237 posts) -

Kessler is a god. He needs nothing. He has everything.

#11 Posted by CookieMonster (2414 posts) -

It doesn't matter because he was leaving anyway.

#12 Posted by Animasta (14632 posts) -

fuck kessler bring back nick and ben

#13 Posted by Pazy (2559 posts) -

I really hope that if anything comes of their new overlord its that they have money to hire Kessler. I want him to cover jRPG's and things.

#14 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

@will_leisure said:

He was offered up as a sacrifice to the CBS gods.

R.I.P Matt Kessler (1999-2012)

Shame to go after only thirteen years.

#15 Posted by PokeIkzai (385 posts) -

I would really love to see Kessler be able to stay. It's weird but I never hated him and actually thought he was a good "sometimes in videos" guy for GB. Plus, the Farmville video series was amazing.

#16 Posted by Marz (5641 posts) -

Think Kessler still has to finish college. If you guys played in the SWTOR guild you could ask him during raid times :P

#17 Edited by EuanDewar (4681 posts) -

Should kessler die? I mean, he didn't even invent Giant Bomb.

#18 Posted by ludorverr (67 posts) -

@ludorverr said:

I like him. He plays Dark Souls, JRPGs, and recently apparently beat Mass effect 3 on its hardest difficulty.

Kessler was too hardcore for Giant Bomb.

#19 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

He was actually on our giant bomb voice server yesterday and discussed the current events at length, it didn't sound like he was expecting to be re-hired, but I wasn't there for the entire conversation.

#20 Posted by Hailinel (23659 posts) -

These changes throw the entire intern program into question. Kessler, Ben, and everyone else that we were expecting to return this summer might not come back at all.

#21 Posted by RagnarokRed (90 posts) -

They'll come back. They always come back. Except the ones that don't.

#22 Posted by JammyJesus (769 posts) -

If anything, I'm glad a new generation of journalist could come from Whiskey Media. Personally, I'm totes jelly.

#23 Posted by LordAndrew (14417 posts) -
I've just learned from a very reliable source that Matt is a Skrull. We should not let him back.
#24 Posted by BisonHero (6045 posts) -

@ludorverr said:

Hey, whoa there. Brad's biggest problem is that he'll get careless while filming Quick Looks, and now that he has a reputation for it, when he starts carelessly dying it agitates him and he'll start blaming the controls. But the guy is pretty respectable when it comes to Quake, UT, and Starcraft II. He's no "casual".

On the other hand, Ryan has no skills to speak of, and is routinely oblivious to the most obvious hints at where to go next in a game or how to solve a puzzle. I don't understand how Ryan escapes everybody's criticism when it comes to "overall ability at video games".

#25 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4603 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

On the other hand, Ryan has no skills to speak of, and is routinely oblivious to the most obvious hints at where to go next in a game or how to solve a puzzle. I don't understand how Ryan escapes everybody's criticism when it comes to "overall ability at video games".

Too true. It's amusing though.

#26 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3719 posts) -

I don't understand the Kessler love. I don't hate him, but I don't see how anyone thinks he belongs on the staff. Maybe people identify with him I guess.

#27 Posted by mrcraggle (1798 posts) -

Kesslers internship ended back in January.

#28 Posted by Nentisys (883 posts) -

I really hope GB hires him. Dude went deep into some great games that the rest of GB didn't really cover.

#29 Posted by vince_kupo (142 posts) -

@RagnarokRed said:

They'll come back. They always come back. Except the ones that don't.

So much wisdom in those words

In all seriousness, I think Kessler has a good internet personality, He speaks well, he's funny, he like games. I hope he get hired by GiantBomb

#30 Posted by adoggz (2034 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda said:

Yeah, I liked Kessler. Unfortunately he probably won't get anything out of this deal since I don't think he was actually an employee or anything, but I hope he shows up in some little corner of the internet. He should start the new, corporate-less Giant Bomb. This may be a joke, don't rage.

i would totally support an intern giantbomb 2.0

#31 Posted by sirdesmond (1234 posts) -

@BabyChooChoo said:

So say we all.

#32 Posted by AndrewB (7436 posts) -

Isn't Matt the only intern with stage presence in quick looks? Or at least the only one who actually ran several of them.

It's not going to happen because I still don't see Giant Bomb going out and picking up a larger writing team (especially one that isn't their somewhat tight-knit group of past friends), but I'd have loved to see Matt get an actual position with Giant Bomb.

#33 Posted by Toms115 (2314 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

is that what you really thing?

#34 Posted by EuanDewar (4681 posts) -
@Toms115

@EuanDewar said:

*video of Kessler dancing to reggae and sparking up*
#35 Posted by Slay3r1583 (599 posts) -

Kessler was cool. This just made me realize that there is never going to be another episode of the Fear Gauntlet. That makes me sad.

#36 Posted by Toms115 (2314 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

@Toms115

@EuanDewar said:

*video of Kessler dancing to reggae and sparking up*

a boy can dream

#37 Posted by Hector (3352 posts) -

Hopefully he shows up from time to time on podcasts or any type of videos.

#38 Posted by IndeedCodyBrown (391 posts) -

I think Kessler and Ben need to get hired.

#39 Posted by RetroVirus (1455 posts) -

I really enjoyed Kessler and the other interns. Hopefully they all fall on their feet.

#40 Posted by shway (176 posts) -

Who knows with the increase budget he could be hired as a full timer. Either way I miss him

#41 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

They might hire interns again, who knows

#42 Posted by OmegaChosen (644 posts) -

Kessler and the rest of the interns got bought up by Gamebomb.ru in all the commotion.

#43 Posted by Brackynews (4035 posts) -

@Hector said:

Hopefully he shows up from time to time on podcasts or any type of videos.

Assuming he can get security clearance.

/video of Kessler sneaking in dressed as a janitor to play free video games

#44 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3719 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

Isn't Matt the only intern with stage presence in quick looks? Or at least the only one who actually ran several of them.

It's not going to happen because I still don't see Giant Bomb going out and picking up a larger writing team (especially one that isn't their somewhat tight-knit group of past friends), but I'd have loved to see Matt get an actual position with Giant Bomb.

He was the only one in any of them because the audience freaked out about it and they decided to keep interns out of most of the main content and relegate them to blogs and "featured users".

#45 Posted by Dalai (6976 posts) -

Actually Kessler is now property of CBS and is going to play a part in The Big Bang Theory as their new couch.

#46 Posted by Spoonman671 (4523 posts) -

Being spurned by both CBS and Giantbomb is actually the origin story of how he eventually becomes a supervillian.

#47 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Dalai said:
Actually Kessler is now property of CBS and is going to play a part in The Big Bang Theory as their new couch.
Yes.
#48 Posted by SuperSambo (2849 posts) -

Just the name Kessler gets me angry.

I can't really say much without sounding too harsh, but at least buy a bigger t-shirt!

#49 Posted by warley (39 posts) -
#50 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4237 posts) -

@sirdesmond said:

@BabyChooChoo said:

So say we all.

So say we all.