#1 Posted by Henrikhoe (198 posts) -

SO ive heard kessler was leaving during the bombcast, i really liked that guy, he seemed full of knowledge and had som great understanding of jrpg's and stuff. 

You sad his leaving?

i really do hope gb offers him a job, but i guess not

#2 Edited by AlisterCat (5632 posts) -

Prepare for a whole load of horrible posts about someone they don't know.

#3 Edited by Amethyst (90 posts) -

Sad if only for the fact that JRPG coverage will take a turn for the worse. His antics during TNT were great too.

#4 Edited by Demodocus (237 posts) -

He was okay, but I doubt I will really miss him.  But I will miss his stupid choice of questions during TNT!  They always made me laugh

#5 Posted by Tennmuerti (8140 posts) -

I'm sad.
Matt was a cool guy.
Was fun with him on the TNT chat and articles/news he wrote were more fun and interesting to read then Brad.N's

#6 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

Not really. I don't actively hate him like a lot of people here seem to, but I can't honestly say I'll miss him either.

#7 Posted by Tennmuerti (8140 posts) -
@Elazul said:
" Not really. I don't actively hate him like a lot of people here seem to, but I can't honestly say I'll miss him either. "
Why do some people hate him?
I must have missed something.
#8 Posted by Zidane_24 (739 posts) -

I'll miss Kessler Kam, it was a nice glimpse into some of the conversations that the WM crew have around the offices. I also think it's healthy for a group to have a scapegoat to be the butt of a lot of jokes, and Kessler filled that role nicely.  

So yes, I think I will miss him.
#9 Posted by deathstroke75 (275 posts) -

Kessler Kam and Mr. Kessler will be missed by me.  Best of luck Matt in your career wherever it may take you.

#10 Posted by armaan8014 (5416 posts) -

Yeah, he was cool

#11 Posted by Binman88 (3689 posts) -

I liked him, but no, I won't really miss him.

#12 Posted by tyxja (281 posts) -

Hey maybe they're trying to surprise us and are going to hire him.

#13 Posted by Laxaloot (105 posts) -

Internships generally occur while one is in college, so perhaps when he is done with university he will be offered a job. I have no knowledge on this specific instance though.

#14 Posted by Stefan (519 posts) -

As he will probably read this I'll write directly to him: dude you sure like to talk a lot and quickly... though I have to admit that your talk isn't cheap it's just a little too much for my taste. Still you would make a nice addition to the GB team.

#15 Posted by litrock (173 posts) -

Sorry to see him go. I assume he'll still be kicking around the forums and whatnot, but he was a great addition to the group.

#16 Posted by Dr_VonBoogie (348 posts) -

I'll miss him.

#17 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -

Good luck in your future endeavors Mr. Kessler. I enjoyed the Kessler Cam segments.

#18 Posted by SonicFire (821 posts) -

He seems be a really nice guy, and in writing, I enjoyed his articles.  

However, every time he spoke he seemed a little overeager. Like "HI I'M MATT AND I AM NOW SAYING SOMETHING" I think that comes somewhat with being an intern, especially in an office of extremely seasoned vets. 

Wish him all the best in the world though.

#19 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

I'll miss kessler cam because it was pretty much like an extra mail bag video.

#20 Posted by FireSketch (827 posts) -

I'll miss him too, he's witty, intelligent and knowledgable (about JRPG's ;)).
It's a shame he never did a Bombcast.

#21 Posted by Fjordson (2449 posts) -

I think Matt is great. Fun personality that comes through in his coverage, and I love Kessler Cam.

#22 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

I shall miss Kessler. And Kessler Kam.

And how angry everyone got towards him.

#23 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Too bad, he seemed like a cool dude. I enjoyed the QLs and stuff he did.

#24 Edited by VilhelmNielsen (1738 posts) -

I wish him the best, but I don't miss people I don't know. I hope he'll get the job he wants or whatever.

#25 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5146 posts) -

People hate change so I guess there going to be a shitload of posts about how he ruined everything and bla bla bla, but I liked him it was fun seeing a new face and I do think he contributed the website in a meaningful way and I hope to see him again soon.

#26 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

I was under the impression that he was going to stay at Giant Bomb just as Drew did. Oh well, he was interesting and I'm not really that worried because his account is still here anyway so he's still around if you get what I'm saying.

#27 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:

" @Elazul said:

" Not really. I don't actively hate him like a lot of people here seem to, but I can't honestly say I'll miss him either. "
Why do some people hate him? I must have missed something. "
I don't know, it mostly seems to be because of either his voice or how overly enthusiastic he is. To be honest I'm shocked that you haven't seen anyone bitching about him. There were a lot of people at it for a while there.
#28 Edited by SmaQ (80 posts) -

Yeah, guy grew on me. Does this dude have a twitter btw?

#29 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

I liked Kessler, but I'm not sad he is leaving.

#30 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Don't worry folks, Matt will be back in action carrying out his moderator duties soon enough and who knows what may happen next summer! :O

#31 Posted by patrick (563 posts) -
@AlisterCat said:
" Prepare for a whole load of horrible posts about someone they don't know. "
Quoted for truth.
#32 Posted by buwchbach (311 posts) -

I was hoping for a Kessler Bombcast. 
I am quite sad.

#33 Posted by Dirty_Harry (717 posts) -

Not a fan, but good luck dude.

#34 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -
@Hamz:  :O
#35 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -
@AlisterCat said:
So your defending someone you don't know? weird.
#36 Posted by Jazz2 (151 posts) -

I thought he was great. He should've been on at least one bombcast.

#37 Posted by adoggz (2070 posts) -

as a bunch of people are saying KKK will be missed as will kessler. The TNT chat just wont be the same.

#38 Posted by Artemis_D (817 posts) -

He pretty much seems like part of the team, to me.  It'll be different without him.  I'm sure it's not the last we'll see of Kessler, though.

#39 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -

I won't miss him, wasn't a fan of the style he brought to the table.

#40 Posted by CitizenKane (10507 posts) -
@Hamz said:
" Don't worry folks, Matt will be back in action carrying out his moderator duties soon enough and who knows what may happen next summer! :O "
Wait, I thought we secretly revoked all of his privileges to the Mod Cave and gave his parking space to the cleaning lady?
#41 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Sad that HE'S leaving, you mean? Well, it's not like he's getting fired because he's incompetent or something, it was a summer internship and like all good things, it is coming to and end. So I'm not sad, but I wish him well in the future.

#42 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

HELL YA I AM.

#43 Posted by AlisterCat (5632 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @AlisterCat said:
So your defending someone you don't know? weird. "
Only the most basic defence that a human being deserves, regardless of whether I know them or not. I don't particularly like his voice or any of his work as an intern but I have seen people saying very horrible things about him just because they find him to be annoying or whatever. It's uncalled for.
#44 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3707 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:
" @Elazul said:
Why do some people hate him? I must have missed something. "
I think it's his voice, which I find a little grating, but overall I liked the guy.
#45 Posted by Glak (613 posts) -

I liked Kessler, but I'm not sad that he's leaving just because of the fact I don't know him
I do wish him the best of luck in his career

#46 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -

Guess he'll return. It's cool - he was pretty sympathetic and knowledgeable, but he was definitely trying too hard at points. He cools down a bit and welcome back, dude.

#47 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

Honestly he was a nice guy. He was over enthusiastic and it was a little annoying at time, but it makes sense given his situations. He may have been knowledgeable about JPRG's, but that is a topic I have zero interest in. However, that genre has a lack of attention on this site so it would be useful. I wish him luck and I'm sure we will see him next year :) Peace duder

#48 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Yeah, kind of sucks that he'll be gone.  Kessler Kam was quite enjoyable.

#49 Posted by Sweep (8923 posts) -

Matt Kessler killed my mother, and raped my father. He is my twin brother, but also my sworn enemy. We can never be in the same room or else Hampshire will explode. 

So it is written. 

I'm sad he is leaving because now he is going to go back to sitting in the IRC like a chump and yelling about Path Of Neo like he always does.

#50 Posted by septim (774 posts) -

He seems to fit in with the guys like a natural. And he brings knowledge to an area that isn't covered much.

They should probably hire him.