#101 Edited by Hashbrowns (649 posts) -

I wish him the best of luck, but I'm not bothered that he's leaving.  I don't hate HIM, I just don't think he was a natural fit.  Being an editor on Giant Bomb is similar to being a co-host on a morning talk show.  It isn't just about general knowledge about games and the ability to type articles, it's about personality and the chemistry with the other editors.  I just never thought his persona complimented the other guys.  No social link for him, I guess
#102 Posted by ZookieWookie (39 posts) -

Hopefully he will make an appearance still here and there.

#103 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

I think intern is a pretty cool guy. He has haters and doesn't afraid of anything! 

Yeah I liked Kessler

#104 Posted by Stupot (177 posts) -

Yes i'm sad he's leaving i loved Kessler Kam and his TNT antics. Didn't have a problem with him at all, felt he made a great addition to the GB act.

#105 Posted by Turambar (6641 posts) -

The Kessler Kam was awesome.  I will miss him for that alone.

#106 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6151 posts) -

I am.

#107 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -

He is coming back next summer

#108 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:
" @Elazul said:
" Not really. I don't actively hate him like a lot of people here seem to, but I can't honestly say I'll miss him either. "
Why do some people hate him? I must have missed something. "
Children get jealous awful easy. Especially on the Internet.
#109 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

And Kessler JUST got a haircut.  He looks much better now...

#110 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

No! I don't want him to leave! He wrote great articles and the Kessler Kam was awesome. D:

#111 Posted by bonbolapti (1596 posts) -

I had a dream about this. and in the dream we had a heart to heart chat.

#112 Posted by RTSlord (1198 posts) -
@sagesebas said:
" He is coming back next summer "
really? sweet. I will miss his kessler kam's, theyre how i like my whiskey media productions, full of laughter and shenanigan-ry
#113 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I really liked the Kessler Kam, so yeah, I'll miss him a bit.

#114 Posted by Phantomvirus (48 posts) -

Damn leaving already... I'll probably miss Kessler Kam the most. He should leave with a bang, leave something behind to be remembered or emotionally scar the entire Whiskey Media team. Whichever is fine with me.

#115 Posted by gunslingerNZ (1899 posts) -

I've always felt he received some unfair treatment from a certain sector of the user base but personally I'm indifferent about him leaving. The site certainly isn't going to suffer for it.

#116 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" Over-enthusiastic. "
I see what you did there. 
#117 Posted by Colin (707 posts) -

Well he will still be on the GB forums so he isn't really going away :P
#118 Posted by Canberra (1065 posts) -

I must admit I warmed to him.

#119 Posted by Depth (354 posts) -

I just hope theres less stupid questions on the TNT, oh nevermind thats just the community...

#120 Posted by nickux (1383 posts) -

I don't really know him so I mean I'm not sad really. However, I would like to offer the guy my sincere congratulations on doing a good job and actually landing something as awesome as an internship with Giant Bomb. 

#121 Posted by Kiro (288 posts) -

I'm going to be honest and say that I won't miss him, however I wish him the best of luck to wherever he is going

#122 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

Vinny>Jeff>Ryan>Brad>Chie>Kessler>PlayStation Move>>>>>>Kinect 

So yeah, a little bit.

#123 Posted by phantomzxro (1558 posts) -

I will miss the fact that he was not included more i liked  that he tried to keep things upbeat and he knew his stuff. The only other upbeat people now is vinny which is needed, been pretty moody on the bomb crew lately.
#124 Posted by hedfone (1749 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:
" I'm sad. Matt was a cool guy. Was fun with him on the TNT chat and articles/news he wrote were more fun and interesting to read then Brad.N's "

#125 Posted by CookieMonster (2414 posts) -

I guess I won't miss him much. He didn't really add much to the Giantbtomb crew, but I'd prefer it if they stuck with him to do the news instead of Brad N. Anyways, I wish him luck in becoming a successful games journalist.

#126 Posted by KME93 (206 posts) -

Honestly I dont think TNT's will ever be the same without Kessler and I will truly miss him, but hopefully let this not be the last we see of Kessler on Giantbomb and may he cross paths with the Whiskey Media staff once again

#127 Posted by Jazz (2090 posts) -

Seemed okay. 
Hope he got as much out of the experience as possible, and it leads him on to bigger and better things.

#128 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

He complimented the GB crew very well. 
We'll hear more of him, I'm sure!
#129 Edited by Brackynews (4039 posts) -
@Kiro said:

" I'm going to be honest and say that I won't miss him, however I wish him the best of luck to wherever he is going "

7 pages of trite comments, and nobody seems to know enough about the guy to realise that he's a student going back to school for the year.
/shakes head
Internships don't need to end in hiring or firing.    
http://www.giantbomb.com/users/mattbodega/

My last day at Whiskey Media for 2010! Totally bummed that I'm heading back to school. Summer 2011 can't come soon enough!

#130 Posted by Crocio (542 posts) -

Yes, he was a funny addition.

#131 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4608 posts) -

What? They didn't hire him? Idiots, the guy's awesome.

Wait, so is Brad Nicholson gone now, too? 'Coz that would be great news for the quality of the writing on this site.

#132 Posted by Video_Game_King (35835 posts) -

How has he not posted in this thread yet?

#133 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@GunslingerPanda said:
" What? They didn't hire him? Idiots, the guy's awesome.  Wait, so is Brad Nicholson gone now, too? 'Coz that would be great news for the quality of the writing on this site. "
Brad Nicholson isn't an intern, and there's nothing wrong with his news being posted.
#134 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

well......i just hope i can like him more but I would not want him to join giantbomb

#135 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5058 posts) -

He was a cool guy.

#136 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -

Nope.

#137 Posted by FateOfNever (1809 posts) -

I'm gonna miss him :( 

#138 Posted by Red12b (9073 posts) -

School is going to suck after that, but return next year Matt, Just get a hair cut and shave and you'll be all good. You're a great addition to Whiskey, don't let the haters get you down.
#139 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

Miss Kessler?  Dood, he's still going to be around on the forums and such.  Matt Kessler is everywhere.  Moreover, he tasted the Surstromming!  He's in Giant Bomb history now!

#140 Edited by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

They need to shave his head, or at least make him wear a bald cap.

#141 Posted by OmegaChosen (644 posts) -

I'll actually miss him. I was getting used to his specific brand of quirkiness. Well, if his twitter/GB update is anything to go by, he'll be coming back around next summer. Well, I guess we'll see. See ya Kessler.

#142 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -
@Detrian said:
" Fuck no. I hope he never steps in their offices again.  Maybe now they can get someone who is not a disgusting retard. "
Sounds like you're fucked for any possible internship then.
#143 Edited by Yummylee (21208 posts) -
@jakob187 said:

" @Detrian said:

" Fuck no. I hope he never steps in their offices again."
Sounds like you're fucked for any possible internship then. "
BWAHAHAHAHA.
#144 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -
@jakob187 said:

" @Detrian said:

" Fuck no. I hope he never steps in their offices again.   "

#145 Posted by Prolix (188 posts) -

Thank God!  That kid was annoying as hell.  The only person in the GB office, I can't stand.  Such a lackey.  The worst kind of a tool is the nerdy kind.  

Good riddance and WTF was up with his racism?  That KKK stuff was messed up!  He was real Jerk.

#146 Edited by Fallen189 (4931 posts) -
@jakob187 said:

" @Detrian said:

" Fuck no. I hope he never steps in their offices again.   "

#147 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -
@Prolix said:
" He was real Jerk. "
Don't you get so annoy???
#148 Posted by Yummylee (21208 posts) -

Also Kessler's going back to school?...Just how old is he??? I always assumed somewhere in the mid twenties.

#149 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

as far as interns go, he was ok

#150 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -

I'm not really sad to see Bodega go, dude is gonna turn up somewhere real quick, hell maybe he'll be back next summer for another internship. I hope he comes back because I always love the 'rises from the community' guy.