#151 Posted by b33 (413 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" Miss Kessler?  Dood, he's still going to be around on the forums and such.  Matt Kessler is everywhere.  Moreover, he tasted the Surstromming!  He's in Giant Bomb history now! "
hell yeah son!
#152 Posted by VisariLoyalist (3000 posts) -

horribly sad

#153 Posted by Andorski (5365 posts) -

I didn't mind the guy.  What he offered to the GB crew in terms of game taste and knowledge (which seemed to primarily be Japanese games) doesn't appeal to me, but I liked all his Kessler Cam video posts. 

Good luck on whatever life serves him up next.

#154 Posted by Dalai (7069 posts) -

Not really, but he had his share of moments during his internship. Matt still needs time to work on his skills in front of (and behind) the camera, but he'll be just fine.

#155 Posted by august (3865 posts) -

I once saw Matt Kessler scissor kick Angela Landsbury.

#156 Posted by Slab64 (1063 posts) -

I enjoyed most of his contributions. Mainly I'm worried about who the next intern will be. I prefer the devil I know to the devil I don't...

#157 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I didn't like some things said, unknown to most, but other than that... he'll still be around. He did a good job, if not highly entertaining.

#158 Posted by zaglis (910 posts) -

Finally.  
Cant bare his stupidness during the TNTs.

#159 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2058 posts) -

Nope. I won't miss him at all. I found him to be pretty annoying.

#160 Posted by InfamousBIG (3227 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:

" @Prolix said:

" He was real Jerk. "
Don't you get so annoy??? "
#161 Posted by pwnasaurus (1286 posts) -

i remember i chatted with matt on vent while playin some bad company 2 seemed like a cool guy i never got the hate for him.

#162 Edited by Osaladin (2543 posts) -

I'm just alright with Kessler, I don't really feel anything one way or the other. I do believe he is coming back next year however so fans of Kessler rejoice.

#163 Posted by AjayRaz (12475 posts) -

he was cool, but i don't think i'll miss him.  
however, i'm gonna miss Kessler's Kam or whatever it was :( 

#164 Edited by Aaox (1657 posts) -

I liked Kessler a lot. He fared better than I would if I was granted an internship at the Whiskey Media offices. I was also a fan of Kessler Cam, I think I'll miss that. But one thing I won't miss is people saying they hate him just because he isn't Jeff, Ryan, Vinny, Drew or Brad.

#165 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -

He was a pretty cool guy and Kessler Kam was a neat feature, does anyone know if he's going to get hired?

#166 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -

See ya Bodega.

#167 Posted by Son_Son (11 posts) -
@InfamousBIG: Kessler is your mom.
#168 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

From the little I've heard, read and seen of the guy, I've reached the conclusion he's awesome! I'm a little sad that he'll leave, but on the other hand, it might be forgotten that he was ever there within a week or two, who knows. 

Who's gonna manage the chat -room during the TNT??

#169 Posted by lilman1101 (1065 posts) -

Yeah, he was great.

#170 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1212 posts) -

Don't know anything about him and will lose no sleep in his absence but good luck to him nonetheless.

#171 Posted by Liam_mk (290 posts) -

I'll miss Kessler, He was a welcome addition to the crew. Plus he knew his shit, which is always awesome.

#172 Posted by FlamingHobo (4511 posts) -
@Binman88 said:
" I liked him, but no, I won't really miss him. "
#173 Posted by RaccoonusDoodus (324 posts) -

He seemed pretty cool, I'll miss him.

#174 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

Too bad. He'll still likely post his own stuff on the forums, though. So it's not like he's completely gone.

#175 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" @Detrian said:
" Fuck no. I hope he never steps in their offices again.  Maybe now they can get someone who is not a disgusting retard. "
Sounds like you're fucked for any possible internship then. "
I'm full-time on your mom.

Also where the fuck is my original post.
#176 Posted by Xiemos2 (226 posts) -

Alright, answer me this:  there's always a slew of "YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS OF KESSLER!" comments when the vitriol spills through; but honestly...who's jealous?

Writing about video games isn't a very lucrative career, and I highly doubt any of us adults with real world job experience would ever "dream" to write about video games. Shitty pay to write news stories about games we really don't care about? Sounds good. Marathoning some game we absolutely despise because it's due for review, only to have to write a damn paper on it after you've finished it? Hoo boy. Using it as a stepping stone into game development...yeah, not so much. Regurgitating news stories and writing opinions about games isn't going to help that much on a resume versus some guy who went to college and makes indie games in his spare time; and you'll never make a decent living being a 'games journalist,' so why would you aspire to be one.

#177 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -
@Xiemos2 said:
" Alright, answer me this:  there's always a slew of "YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS OF KESSLER!" comments when the vitriol spills through; but honestly...who's jealous?  Writing about video games isn't a very lucrative career, and I highly doubt any of us adults with real world job experience would ever "dream" to write about video games. Shitty pay to write news stories about games we really don't care about? Sounds good. Marathoning some game we absolutely despise because it's due for review, only to have to write a damn paper on it after you've finished it? Hoo boy. Using it as a stepping stone into game development...yeah, not so much. Regurgitating news stories and writing opinions about games isn't going to help that much on a resume versus some guy who went to college and makes indie games in his spare time; and you'll never make a decent living being a 'games journalist,' so why would you aspire to be one. "
It's not about the money, some people do things because they love it., If you like your job then everything else can be secondary.  

I liked Kessler, he may have made some pretty bad jokes, alright he made some terrible jokes, but at least he was interesting 
#178 Posted by ZmillA (2286 posts) -

nope, no.

#179 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Yeah, he's better then Jeff when Jeff gets cynic and he was entertaining. 

#180 Posted by Xolare (1285 posts) -

Matt's pretty much the guy nearly all of us wish we could be. Fun, Nearly out of school, interning at a place like Giantbomb. To be honest, I'll miss him and his fast and hyperactive personality.

#181 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1172 posts) -

I hated him the first few times I saw him. But when he ate the fish I knew he was cool. I'll miss him.

#182 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

His quicklooks are a lot more informative than most of them. He's good at playing while actually explaining the game.

#183 Posted by AURON570 (1677 posts) -

He seemed like a nice guy, I'm definitely going to miss him. His enthusiasm may have been a bit over the top at times, and he was sort of "the odd guy out" because he was simply an intern, which made it awkward at times. Overall he was pretty cool.

#184 Edited by Etaber (160 posts) -

I thought he came on a little strong in the beginning but it wasn't long before he found his groove. I really liked the "chemistry" he had with Ryan.

#185 Posted by Dysnomia (674 posts) -
@Detrian said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @Detrian said:
" Fuck no. I hope he never steps in their offices again.  Maybe now they can get someone who is not a disgusting retard. "
I'm full-time on your mom. "
Wow, hilarious. I think I might shit myself laughing.
#186 Posted by MixMasterShake (53 posts) -

I wish Kessler the best of luck.  I know it must be hard to stand out in the midst of strong, well-liked personalities like the GB crew.  I only really started noticing him while reading news posts, so I have no idea how he is in person, but anyone who can survive a can of rotting fish is OK in my book.

#187 Posted by SileoNex (67 posts) -

Ima miss him on the TNTs.

#188 Posted by WindFall259 (369 posts) -

Very chipper guy. Liked him, though his chat question skills need improving.

#189 Posted by DystopiaX (5360 posts) -
@TimAllen624 said:
" I hated him the first few times I saw him. But when he ate the fish I knew he was cool. I'll miss him. "
You mean you knew you still wanted his job despite having to eat rotten fucking fish. 
The Kessler Kams were awesome as well, and although he didn't really perform anything essential I wouldn't mind if he came back and served a Drew-like role, maybe guested on one of the bombcasts.
#190 Posted by Interfect (981 posts) -
@Dysnomia said:
" @Detrian said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @Detrian said:
I'm full-time on your mom. "
Wow, hilarious. I think I might shit myself laughing. "
Funny. But on topic Matt seems pretty cool and I would be happy to see him come back in the future.
#191 Edited by fjor (304 posts) -

yeh....they should let him stay....they need a jrpg guy ......and he is the best in the office for that type of games  :)

#192 Posted by georgex2003 (19 posts) -

Eh, fuck him.

#193 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -
@Detrian said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @Detrian said:
I'm full-time on your mom.  Also where the fuck is my original post. "
probably been deleted because you were being a fucking dickhead. 
#194 Edited by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

Was nice having someone with a vague interest of JRPGs around beyond Persona 4. Think he's crazy for going back to school when he's got his foot in the door at GB, seems like he will be missed around the office even, so it's not like they can't wait to get rid of him. But maybe he has ambition, I shouldn't be one to comment on that.

#195 Posted by SamFo (1562 posts) -

I'm not a huge fan, I thought he should have kept quiet during the chat about Bioshock Infinite. Everytime he spoke I cringed!
#196 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

I felt like he was an odd fit in videos and also that his humor was a little too forced. That said, I don't have ill wishes toward the guy so I hope he goes on to do bigger and better things.

#197 Posted by JamesBoyce (295 posts) -

Yeah, it's a shame to have him go - hope he ends up with a job of some sort at GB, I love his undying enthusiasm.

#198 Posted by ajamafalous (12147 posts) -
@SonicFire said:
" He seems be a really nice guy, and in writing, I enjoyed his articles.   However, every time he spoke he seemed a little overeager. Like "HI I'M MATT AND I AM NOW SAYING SOMETHING" I think that comes somewhat with being an intern, especially in an office of extremely seasoned vets.  Wish him all the best in the world though. "
This exactly.
#199 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

#200 Posted by spankingaddict (2736 posts) -

Sure he was cool...