Killzone 2 is a FLOP!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dr_Cash

Halo Wars is killing it in sales in the US.

And for me the game is only ok. I'm more honest and yes if you pay attention the game has some terrible low grade textures in some places. It's all lighting and mtion blur to hide this at first glance.

Anyway the game gets boring after a bit. And becomes just another ok FPS game. Still does not hold a candle to Halo 3 and especialy COD4

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Any game with the name HALO will sell more then Killzone, and if you zoom in close enough to any game the textures are bad, even crysis, go crawl back up master chief's ass.

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dr_Cash

The problem with Killzone 2 is it really brang nothing new to the table. I can only imagine how bad COD 6 Modern Warfare 2 will smack it.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
Dr_Cash said:
"brang"

Well there's something you don't see everyday.
Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dr_Cash

I guees my big problem with Killzone in general is the story The whole Helguist enemy is pretty lame. They are just kind of noring and dumb to really care about.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
Dr_Cash said:
"They are just kind of noring."

Agreed.
PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By PowerSerj
Dr_Cash said:
"Helguist"
What.
Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dr_Cash

Opps sorry for the mis spells I meant boring. It's true the whole Helguist story is pretty lame.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

I don't think you're a real Doctor.

Anders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Anders

I would't call 750K the first week a flop, but certainly it doesn't compare very favorably to something like Halo 3 (~3.8M week one) or Gears 2 (~1.9M week one) which I would say are "the competition", as in other high profile single platform shooters.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PowerSerj
Dr_Cash said:
"Helguist"
Stop it.
albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By albedos_shadow

DON'T FEED THE TROLL.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually enjoyed Killzone 2, and it`s sad it will never get the sales it deserves when any game with Halo in it will blow it away.
And people pick out any little thing they can to bash the game, Muddy textures, this game is the most beautiful console game I have ever played, even my girlfriend thought it looked amazing and she doesn`t like video games (besides animal crossing : P)
I felt the story had a neo nazi atmosphere, I thought it was pretty good maybe not great but I liked it.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchUK
albedos_shadow said:
"DON'T FEED THE TROLL."
yes. feed the troll. feed him cake
Gunrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Gunrock

This guy is always posting crap like this, he's the same guy that posted pictures of Lost Planet 2 saying they looked better then Killzone 2. so yeah total troll.

Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Teh_Eel

The back story is actually really good, sadly you have to go to the killzone website an read the story timeline, they could have put it in the game. Also anything with the Halo in it will sell even more so in America where its pretty much Xbox territoy. I would like to see the figures for Europe where the playstation is more popular.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hexpane
Gunrock said:
"This guy is always crap like this, he's the same guy that posted pictures of Lost Planet 2 saying they looked better then Killzone 2. so yeah total troll."
Indeed, this guy is a sad troll.

ROFL @ halo wars.. it's the new Perfect Dark Zero
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#18  Edited By LordAndrew

Halo Wars is a game with the Halo name on it. Killzone 2 is a game with the Killzone name on it. Remember Killzone? Of course not.

Halo Wars is selling because it's Halo. If it had another name on it, it wouldn't be nearly as successful.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Must we always compare!!?!?!!
Bucketdeth
said:

"I actually enjoyed Killzone 2, and it`s sad it will never get the sales it deserves when any game with Halo in it will blow it away.And people pick out any little thing they can to bash the game, Muddy textures, this game is the most beautiful console game I have ever played, even my girlfriend thought it looked amazing and she doesn`t like video games (besides animal crossing : P) I felt the story had a neo nazi atmosphere, I thought it was pretty good maybe not great but I liked it."
Are you saying Halo doesn't deserve those sales? I mean I haven't played Halo Wars yet, but since it comes from a reputable developer I'm sure they did something right. I mean Killzone 2 definitely deserves sales, they both do.
Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Duke_Lion

I really liked the game.  And if you are trying to imply that halo is better than killzone 2 you are horribly wrong.  The games multiplayer blows most other games out of the water, including your precious halo.  The thing I did not like about Killzone two was the friendly AI and the characters in general.  Rico just seemed abnoxious when all he says is "WOO, YEAH LETS FUCK HIGS UP" every 20 seconds.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By pirate_republic
Duke_Lion said:
"I really liked the game.  And if you are trying to imply that halo is better than killzone 2 you are horribly wrong.  The games multiplayer blows most other games out of the water, including your precious halo.  The thing I did not like about Killzone two was the friendly AI and the characters in general.  Rico just seemed abnoxious when all he says is "WOO, YEAH LETS FUCK HIGS UP" every 20 seconds."
He's not implying anything, he's merely stating that in fact Killzone 2 has flopped in sales compared to Halo Wars. He's a troll, though.
FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

Stories in FPS's are usually bad or poorly told.  This game is selling well with 750k in it's first week.  It's not going to sell as well as Halo or COD because it doesn't have nearly the name recognition.  In the long run it could easily outsell Halo Wars once people realize you're not Master Chief and you're not shooting anything.  It doesn't mention anything on it about being a strategy game.  The mainstream audience doesn't realize that Microsoft isn't selling them the traditional Halo shooter.  It doesn't even need to be anything like Halo, it's not Halo.

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dr_Cash

Well honestly NO Halo 3 online Blows Killzone away. Why you say Halo 3 has so many different modes to play. You will get bored of just shooting in Killzone 2. Why Halo 3 online just keeps on ticking like the Enigizer bunny.

By the way they are incorperating Halo OSDT into Halo 3 online so it will only continue to be the besat online game that and of course COD 4 and COD 6

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By crunchUK
Hexpane said:
?ROFL @ halo wars.. it's the new Perfect Dark Zero"
how so?
albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25  Edited By albedos_shadow
Dr_Cash said:
besat

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LordAndrew
albedos_shadow said:
"Dr_Cash said:
besat
"
How could you ignore the rest of that fantastic post? :D
FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FCKSNAP
OH GOD KILLZONE IS A FLOP! I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE GAME NOW!

oh wait, this one's better

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By End_Boss
Dr_Cash said:
"Halo Wars is killing it in sales in the US.And for me the game is only ok. I'm more honest and yes if you pay attention the game has some terrible low grade textures in some places. It's all lighting and mtion blur to hide this at first glance.Anyway the game gets boring after a bit. And becomes just another ok FPS game. Still does not hold a candle to Halo 3 and especialy COD4"

No Caption Provided

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By End_Boss

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By crunchUK
End_Boss said:
"

"
QFT
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By Meowayne

People who think of video games in terms of flops and hits should gtfo.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zitosilva

Another troll topic made by Dr_Cash.

At least Biff's and Serj's replys made me laugh.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PureRok

I think the op should be an hero.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BigBoss1911

halo 3 lol

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BiggerBomb
Meowayne said:
"People who think of video games in terms of flops and hits should gtfo."

People who think like the TC should gtfo; people who think in terms of flops and hits are welcome to stay, they are valid terms. It's only important that they are used in the correct context.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By crunchUK
BigBoss1911 said:
"halo 3 lol"
halo3 ftw

and ^^^what biggerbomb said.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Well it's not surprising since it's a PS3 product..what do you expect?  Basically I'm surprised they're still in producing them. I expect the PS4 to be a major competitor..for the Wii.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jayge_

I like this guy. He's really consistent. His posts consist of nothing but three factors:

1. PS3 games have worse graphics/are worse in general than 360 games no matter what.
  2. Xbox 360 games are god's descendants and have brilliant graphics no matter what.
  3. His follow-up posts are generally more retarded than his initial posts.
Good troll. I award him a solid B.
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Osaladin

I consider myself a Halo fan, and the first game was amazing. I loved every minute of it (ok maybe not all the Flood parts) and thoroughly enjoyed the story. Then the next two came along and I was quite disappointed. The cliffhanger in Halo 2 and the horrible story in Halo 3 made me pretty angry. Sure the multiplayer was great, but the Halo story was missing in action. Now I just bought a PS3, and it hasn't arrived yet, but I did already buy Killzone 2 and am waiting to play it. I have to say, if you are looking for something new in an FPS you won't find it in any of the current gen's FPS games. It isn't about if Killzone 2 brings something new to the table (it might with it's multiplayer), it's about it doing what already is being done well. And from what I've seen of it, and played of it at my friend's house, I'd say it does.  It's kind of annoying how many people keep trying to compare FPS games to Halo as if it is the crowning achievement of the gaming world. It got a lot of hype which it didn't deserve, people need to be more realistic about how good a game is. Halo 3 IS NOT GREAT, it's good.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By OmegaPirate

Mr cash -can i call you levios jr  from now on?

Pretty please
TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By TheKing

Oh no! I came to Giant Bomb to escape the fanboys, apparently they are everywhere!!!!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By crunchUK
Osaladin said:
.  It's kind of annoying how many people keep trying to compare FPS games to Halo as if it is the crowning achievement of the gaming world.
thats because it's pretty much this and last generation's leading FPS
Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Captain_Fookup

When did DarkSmugTroll make a new account on another computer?

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Kratos81
Duke_Lion said:
"I really liked the game.  And if you are trying to imply that halo is better than killzone 2 you are horribly wrong.  The games multiplayer blows most other games out of the water, including your precious halo.  The thing I did not like about Killzone two was the friendly AI and the characters in general.  Rico just seemed abnoxious when all he says is "WOO, YEAH LETS FUCK HIGS UP" every 20 seconds."
Agreed, I couldnt stand rico. I didnt care for the characters or story one bit. The mp is a blast.
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Osaladin
crunchUK said:
"Osaladin said:
.  It's kind of annoying how many people keep trying to compare FPS games to Halo as if it is the crowning achievement of the gaming world.
thats because it's pretty much this and last generation's leading FPS"
I always thought the Half Life series lead the FPS genre in innovation. Also, in my opinion, CoD4 blew Halo 3's multiplayer out of the water, I still play it regularly.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jayge_
TheKing said:
"Oh no! I came to Giant Bomb to escape the fanboys, apparently they are everywhere!!!!"
Don't worry. We beat them down with large sticks!
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By crunchUK
Osaladin said:
"crunchUK said:
"Osaladin said:
thats because it's pretty much this and last generation's leading FPS"
I always thought the Half Life series lead the FPS genre in innovation. Also, in my opinion, CoD4 blew Halo 3's multiplayer out of the water, I still play it regularly. "
Certainly it does if you like random, monotonous, unbalanced gameplay.

Also halo 1 is the highest rated FPS of all time, halo 3 is the 3rd (after orange box and bioshock)
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By pause422

I don't really consider the word "flop" with sales at all. I've played KZ2, and I definitely don't think its an absolutely amazing game or anything,I think its a well made shooter though, and thats more than enough for me to enjoy it far more than I do Halo Wars. Its just too simplified of a game for me, and I know Ensemble could of gone out far better.

If a flop just means not selling quite as high to you though, then I guess you can feel correct. Also, praising Halo and insulting Half Life is like insulting a retarded kid for being so...its just stupid, and you make yourself look like a moron.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#49  Edited By tearhead

What the hell is wrong with you and Killzone 2?? Are you so insecure that you need to constantly attempt to prove to us that Killzone 2 is crap and we should all burn our PS3s and buy a 360 for every tv in our home?? You don't have to keep beating us over the head with your opinion of KZ2, when most of us are obviously not taking you seriously. If you want to make a topic on how well Halo Wars is doing, fine, but compairing it to Killzone 2 sales really doesn't mean anything except Halo Wars sold more copies.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LordAndrew
TheKing said:
"Oh no! I came to Giant Bomb to escape the fanboys, apparently they are everywhere!!!!"
That's what happens when you don't contain them. I don't have to put up with this stupidity on GameSpot because I never go near System Wars.