• 69 results
Ethan_odd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Ethan_odd

I can't tell what's been more dissapointing so far in 2009, Noby Noby Boy or Killzone 2, I'll have to go with KZ2. This game looked kickass. After playing KZ1 and KZ Liberation, I was so hyped up. Unfortunately even my hype could not let me enjoy this game. Without the helghast it would be another unoriginal fps. Level design is too linear, and whats with the grenades changing colors? The AI could not get any stupid either, I was crouching behind a wall, and firing at a helghan taking cover, then the helghan gets out of his hiding place and goes around to the other side of the block....the one in front of me. Wow.

KZ2 = 3 out of 5 stars for a good plot and great graphics, but unfortunately neither of those make the game less boring and unoriginal.

Ethan_odd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ethan_odd

I can't tell what's been more dissapointing so far in 2009, Noby Noby Boy or Killzone 2, I'll have to go with KZ2. This game looked kickass. After playing KZ1 and KZ Liberation, I was so hyped up. Unfortunately even my hype could not let me enjoy this game. Without the helghast it would be another unoriginal fps. Level design is too linear, and whats with the grenades changing colors? The AI could not get any stupid either, I was crouching behind a wall, and firing at a helghan taking cover, then the helghan gets out of his hiding place and goes around to the other side of the block....the one in front of me. Wow.

KZ2 = 3 out of 5 stars for a good plot and great graphics, but unfortunately neither of those make the game less boring and unoriginal.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

I thought the story was supposed to be rubbish. You even said so yourself at the beggining of your post and you cant give a game 3/5 stars for graphics alone.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cspiffo

Oh No!  Now you've done it, dude.  Didn't you even read thiago's thread "the most vilified game ever".  Prepare yourself please.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

too bad you didn't like KZ2. i love the game and the MP is amazing. im guessing you haven't played this game online yet. i suggest you try it.

Ethan_odd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ethan_odd

Well its my opinion aint it?

The story went in an up and down fashion. It got good then went way down in the end.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pie
Ethan_odd said:
"Well its my opinion aint it?The story went in an up and down fashion. It got good then went way down in the end. "
So was it good or bad when you look over everything.
Ethan_odd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ethan_odd

I actually haven't played KZ2's online. Sure I'll go try it. Can't get any worse than Legendary's can it?

Ethan_odd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ethan_odd

@Pie, well the ending ruined it for me.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By atejas

inbefore thiago.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pie
Ethan_odd said:
"

@Pie, well the ending ruined it for me.

"
So would you still say it had good story overall, worthy of 3/5 stars ( im not flaming by the wayjust curious because i havent actuaaly played it)?
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By AgentJ

I was pretty underwhelmed as well, though I'm a little bit biased i suppose. I'm not a fan of first person games. The only FP is my top 25 is Metroid Prime (though Bioshock is poking me with it's big drill). I'd have a hard time giving this game a fair review because of its viewpoint, so I'm not going to bother.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I absolutely love KZ2. I've played a lot of shooter's and this one is definitely one of the best.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thiago

How so linear? For example, by the end of the first level you are following the convoy and the enemies appear from more than one direction. In a part you have to shoot them from a building on the other side of the street. Later you reach bunkers with machine gun emplacements, at that point you have enemies in front of you, from you side and from behind. One time I got killed by rocket shot by someone far away, while I was trying to kill the closest enemies.

It is not always clear what is going to happen next. At some part before the Visari square I really got frustrated, but in a good way. Because the enemies kept coming and always from different places. So I was always getting surprised a bit like "Oh, fuck, just give me a break" because enemies were coming through parts of the map that I hadn't thought of.

That's why you can approach a certain situation through many ways. Even when you are entering a building or some area where there are Helghasts.

Linear = a straight line from beginning to end.

Definitely that's what Killzone is not. For example, on Call of Duty 4 you are almost guided through the levels and the enemies are always in front of you. You don't have to think at all. The same for Gears of War. I also own both of those games and they are fun, but intensity of the battles of Killzone is unmatchable.

The AI is very good and that's one the sources of "aim" complaints. In a videogame usually you see an enemy somewhere and just waits for him to appear and then kill it. In Killzone the enemies are always moving around. If you play it on Recruit or Trooper then you are almost invincible. You can easily kill them, not because they aren't moving, but because you can take a lot of damage and then you are able to kill them before they kill you. The same is not true for Veteran or Elite difficulty. 

freezerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By freezerr

I'm pretty sure the point of KZ2 is a multiplayer experience on the quality of CoD 4, Halo 3, or Gears, not the single player campaign and story.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sticky_Pennies
Ethan_odd said:
"I can't tell what's been more dissapointing so far in 2009, Noby Noby Boy or Killzone 2, I'll have to go with KZ2. This game looked kickass. After playing KZ1 and KZ Liberation, I was so hyped up. Unfortunately even my hype could not let me enjoy this game. Without the helghast it would be another unoriginal fps. Level design is too linear, and whats with the grenades changing colors? The AI could not get any stupid either, I was crouching behind a wall, and firing at a helghan taking cover, then the helghan gets out of his hiding place and goes around to the other side of the block....the one in front of me. Wow. KZ2 = 3 out of 5 stars for a good plot and great graphics, but unfortunately neither of those make the game less boring and unoriginal."
I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like KZ2 that much. I borrowed my friend's PS3 just to play it and Metal Gear Solid 4 (which is an incredible game, by the way) and I feel like I had to force myself to beat the single player. I always feel like I'm fighting against the controls, no matter what configuration I have it set to. I also noticed that there is a noticable delay on when I move the right analog stick and when the aim actually moves, and no matter what sensitivity I set the aim to, it's still sluggish and awkward and I constantly over-and-under-compensate for my shots. At one point I got frustrated with how many buttons and stick movements I have to use simaltaneously behind cover and I simply ignored cover and tried to continue the game without using it, which led to me getting frustrated and turning the game off and playing something that I thought was better.

Where I got frustrated most was (spoilers?) when the cruiser ship is under attack and on your way out where you have to fight the heavy at the bottom of the stairs. Half the time I couldn't even make it to the heavy because of the flying shits going behind my cover and Helghast soldiers coming from fucking nowhere. It got really frustrating. Eventually I just did that part by meleeing the shit out of everyone and then burning the heavy to death with a flamethrower because it ended up being more effective.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thiago
AnimZero said:
Where I got frustrated most was (spoilers?) when the cruiser ship is under attack and on your way out where you have to fight the heavy at the bottom of the stairs. Half the time I couldn't even make it to the heavy because of the flying shits going behind my cover and Helghast soldiers coming from fucking nowhere. It got really frustrating. Eventually I just did that part by meleeing the shit out of everyone and then burning the heavy to death with a flamethrower because it ended up being more effective."

It is not the game's fault that you aim like a handicapped child. That part was easy, haha.
Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sticky_Pennies
thiago said:
"AnimZero said:
Where I got frustrated most was (spoilers?) when the cruiser ship is under attack and on your way out where you have to fight the heavy at the bottom of the stairs. Half the time I couldn't even make it to the heavy because of the flying shits going behind my cover and Helghast soldiers coming from fucking nowhere. It got really frustrating. Eventually I just did that part by meleeing the shit out of everyone and then burning the heavy to death with a flamethrower because it ended up being more effective."
It is not the game's fault that you aim like a handicapped child. That part was easy, haha."
Yes, yes it is the game's fault. It's the only console shooter with gimped aiming that I've played in recent memory.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thiago
AnimZero said:
"thiago said:
"AnimZero said:
It is not the game's fault that you aim like a handicapped child. That part was easy, haha."
Yes, yes it is the game's fault. It's the only console shooter with gimped aiming that I've played in recent memory."

Funny that only happened with you. All the developers, beta testers and gamers such as myself have no problems.

I am sure you are one of those that start strafing as if you were dancing as soon as see an enemy in a FPS to avoid getting shot.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By super_machine

I liked it. I think it deserved a four star. I didnt like how it felt like I was playing with peanut butter on my control stick. I like how the MP controls feel a lot better than the single player.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sticky_Pennies
thiago said:
"AnimZero said:
"thiago said:
"AnimZero said:
Yes, yes it is the game's fault. It's the only console shooter with gimped aiming that I've played in recent memory."
Funny that only happened with you. All the developers, beta testers and gamers such as myself have no problems.I am sure you are one of those that start strafing as if you were dancing as soon as see an enemy in a FPS to avoid getting shot."
And it's funny how you're the only extreme case of Killzone 2 fanboyism on this site. If you don't agree with my opinion, just say so and don't be a dick. This thread is for people who found Killzone 2 to be mediocre, not a place to belittle people's opinions who differ from yours.

It's like this: I don't drink alcohol because I think it tastes like shit. Am I going to go to a drunken college party and tell them they're all idiots for liking alcohol? No, because that's stupid.

And for the record, I kill people who circle-strafe. Troll somewhere else.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By BoG

If you're disappointed with Noby Noby Boy, then you're doing it wrong. You can be disappointed with KZ2, but if you have issues with Noby then it's your fault, not the game's.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By crunchUK
atejas said:
"inbefore thiago."
so true

anyway i'll get round to playing this... someday
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By get2sammyb
BoG said:
"If you're disappointed with Noby Noby Boy, then you're doing it wrong. You can be disappointed with KZ2, but if you have issues with Noby then it's your fault, not the game's."
Particularly when you're spending £3 on Noby Noby Boy, it's worth every penny.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the game all that much - but I do have to question the reliability of your opinion when you haven't tried the multiplayer and think the plot is "good". Honest, I think Killzone 2's gameplay and sheer atmosphere earn it all the praise the game has received.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JoelTGM

I love Kill Zone 2.  Too bad you don't like it because there's a lot of fun to be had with it.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By brukaoru

Good plot? This coming from someone who played the first games? Wow. I would hardly call the plot good. The first Killzone had a good plot, but the second one? No way. There's hardly any storyline, just orders to go from one location to the next.

I think KillZone 2 is a good game. Not amazing, but good. I also think the multiplayer is fun.

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mattbodega

If you have a problem with NOBY NOBY BOY, then I'm going to punch you in the face. (Respectfully)

JDM006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JDM006

I prefer COD4, COD WaW, or Halo 3 multiplayer to Killzone 2.  Those games had something about them that hooked me instantly.  Killzone 2..not so much.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By RHCPfan24

I really like Killzone 2. I think it is a very polished, intense, well-done shooter that I have had a lot of fun with. Multiplayer is great too.

However, Noby Noby Boy is the shit, son. Don't be speaking crap about that game in these parts, boy!

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By zitosilva

I thought it was pretty good. There are some mediocre things, like the story, characters and dialogues. But the shooting mechanics are extremely satisfying and environments are incredibly immersive.

Can I bash the dialogues again? Boy, they were bad...

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By shadows_kill
Ethan_odd said:
"I can't tell what's been more dissapointing so far in 2009, Noby Noby Boy or Killzone 2, I'll have to go with KZ2. This game looked kickass. After playing KZ1 and KZ Liberation, I was so hyped up. Unfortunately even my hype could not let me enjoy this game. Without the helghast it would be another unoriginal fps. Level design is too linear, and whats with the grenades changing colors?The AI could not get any stupid either, I was crouching behind a wall, and firing at a helghan taking cover, then the helghan gets out of his hiding place and goes around to the other side of the block....the one in front of me. Wow. KZ2 = 3 out of 5 stars for a good plot and great graphics, but unfortunately neither of those make the game less boring and unoriginal."
alright then..

1. if they didnt change to the yellowish colors you wouldnt be able to tell if someone threw a gernade at you or not and then there would be ton of stupid gernades are invisable threads
  2. maybe your playing on easy or something cause i was on veteran difficulty and beat it and never thought of the AI being dumb since there really good. not cod waw hard of them throwing a 1000 gernades at you but hard as in they took cover flanked etc.
  3. last medicore=3/5? wtf dude thats a alright score to me. medicore= 1/5.
  4. have you tried to play online? its one of the best online games i have played in a while. try everything in game before reviewing it.
Futbollar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Futbollar

Glad your able to express your opinions and not back them up. People, when your going to critize something, make it longer then a paragraph.  Back up what you state 

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By vidiot

The general consensus Killzone 2 gets high scores attributed with it's gorgeous visuals and solid gameplay. Killzone's 2 plot on the other hand, is absolutely dismal.

shadows_kill said:

1. last medicore=3/5? wtf dude thats a alright score to me. medicore= 1/5.
"
*sigh*
Learn:

me⋅di⋅o⋅cre

[mee-dee-oh-ker]–adjective

of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#33  Edited By Captainlunchbox

I say this with respecting your opinion at the forefront- Try the flippin' multiplayer man! Don't waste your time with the average single player! The real game is the MP! /rant.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TwoOneFive

i played through the game my first time on veteran, let me tell you something, the AI is brutally smart that harder the difficulty. you hide behind cover for like a second, wham grenade fest or a dude rushes up to hit you in the face or put hot lead in your face. and playing it on the hardest difficulty, they dont ever stand still, every time they go behind cover, they crawl just popping up for blind cover, then throw a grenade and then stand up to shoot you cause  youre running.
compared to other games like this (cod4) i'd say the level design and AI was very good. replace cod4's awesome sniper level with killzone 2's mech level, and throw in the tank, and you really shouldn't be complaining, because the online was just as rewarding and addictive as cod4 (okay maybe not as addictive for me because cod4 was the first game i became a serious online gamer with, so killzone 2 was merel like nothing really amazing just an all new cool way to play multiplayer)
3/5 does not mean mediocre btw, 2.5 does. lol

Ethan_odd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ethan_odd

BoG I just found it to be less than what I wanted. Noby Noby Boy is just in my opinion an okay game.

Oh and Thiago, you really need to cool it. This blog is not for fanboyism. God go play KZ2 instead of bombarding us with comments like "It's not my fault you aim like a handicapped child" Your attitude is the only thing that's "like a handicapped child".

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By LiquidPrince

I disagree with you Ethan. I find you odd...

Ethan_odd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ethan_odd

Hey well every gamer has their own opinion about this kind of stuff.

I hated GTA IV and I thought Halo 3 was incredibly overhyped.

I'm going to post a blog post with my favorite games and least favorite games.

Oh and Thiago, I better not see you fanboying on that post. You know KZ2 is going to be on my least favorites.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By shadows_kill
vidiot said:
"

shadows_kill said:

"
*sigh*
Learn:

me⋅di⋅o⋅cre

"
who are you? my english teacher?
Ethan_odd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ethan_odd

apparently.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By shadows_kill
Ethan_odd said:
"I hated GTA IV and I thought Halo 3 was incredibly overhyped.

Oh and Thiago, I better not see you fanboying on that post. You know KZ2 is going to be on my least favorites."
damn you where going good with hating gta and halo. then killed it with hating kz2...

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vidiot
shadows_kill said:
"vidiot said:
"

shadows_kill said:

"
*sigh*
Learn:

me⋅di⋅o⋅cre

"
who are you? my english teacher? "
It's not my fault you don't know what mediocre means.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Diamond

Few games have storylines that are anything but dismal, especially action games.  Killzone 2 to me is a 5/5 because of how great it plays, how much fun I have, features, graphics and sound.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By fr0br0

Dude, get off the computer and go play multiplayer. I know single player is a big part of the game, but try not to rate a game you haven't fully played. Especially when you haven't played the most critically acclaimed part of that game...

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Shadow

you = ......shut up

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By thiago
vidiot said:
"The general consensus Killzone 2 gets high scores attributed with it's gorgeous visuals and solid gameplay. Killzone's 2 plot on the other hand, is absolutely dismal.

Killzone 2 has the coolest enemies in a while and people call the plot "dismal". I wonder what "good" means for them.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By thiago
Diamond said:
"Few games have storylines that are anything but dismal, especially action games.  Killzone 2 to me is a 5/5 because of how great it plays, how much fun I have, features, graphics and sound."

I partially agee. Criticizing KZ2 because of the story is like criticizing a car because it doesn't fly. FPSes are action games and the story is just for supporting the action.

Even then I don't think KZ2 story is dismal. They just didn't focus on the characters too much, or at least that was the impression because you jump from action sequence to action sequence and don't have much time to think.
the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#47  Edited By the8bitNacho

OP is obviously a M$ fanboy.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#48  Edited By gla55jAw

I sent it back after 1 night with it via gamefly. I did not enjoy it.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vidiot
thiago said:
"vidiot said:
"The general consensus Killzone 2 gets high scores attributed with it's gorgeous visuals and solid gameplay. Killzone's 2 plot on the other hand, is absolutely dismal.

Killzone 2 has the coolest enemies in a while and people call the plot "dismal". I wonder what "good" means for them. "
Likable squad characters, better voice acting, a game's plot that wasn't ridiculously predictable, a script that had something more than mom jokes and four letter words, context for anything that I was doing or was going on, plot holes, poor moments of emotion due to unlikeable characters, I could go on but this has been discussed more in better threads. Suffice to say, Killzone's 2 is pretty terrible, especially in comparison to the multitude of other FPS and third person shooters. Action games generally have poor stories, but Killzone 2 is pretty devoid of anything remotely interesting.

Aside from the guys you shoot. The Hellghast are pretty cool, no question about that. But if your standards for an engaging plot is how cool the meat sacks are you pump lead into, you need to raise your standards.
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By fr0br0
gla55jAw said:
"I sent it back after 1 night with it via gamefly. I did not enjoy it."
Why did you do that? Did you have problems with the controls? If so, then you missed out. The controls are something you really get used to. But once you do, you know that it feels so right.