#4 Play more of the game before you rate it

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By pause422

I don't think its generally mediocre in a sense...I mean its basically call of duty with better graphics and not as tight controls. However, after the long long wait that people had for KZ2, and even myself in wanting to finally check it out, when it came out...I played it for one day and haven't gone back since and have since been sucked into getting through persona 4 which I consider a far better game. Just depends though I'd say, I think above average is a good call for it, but its not some out of this world game, or a extremely mediocre one either.

Ethan_odd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53  Edited By Ethan_odd

For those calling me an M$ fanboy...

then WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE A PS3?!??!

XBOX 360's suck unglorified ass. 

Bottom line. 3/5 guys.

Yes I will say it again: XBOX 360's suck unglorified ass.

NinjaMunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By NinjaMunkey

lol wut?

The AI is great, the use cover, and actually move behind cover instead of conviniently popping up in the same place, if you dont shoot for a while they will advance on you, and they take the best cover available.

Plus they communicate which is cool.

The colours are so you see the grenades coming, instead of having some arrow which destroyes the immersion.

3 stars? Ive not seen the giantbomb review, but its got AAA status overall...

And try the online, its easily the best on the ps3 and imo its more fun than halo 3's.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By thiago
vidiot said:
 Likable squad characters, better voice acting, a game's plot that wasn't ridiculously predictable, a script that had something more than mom jokes and four letter words, context for anything that I was doing or was going on, plot holes, poor moments of emotion due to unlikeable characters, I could go on but this has been discussed more in better threads. Suffice to say, Killzone's 2 is pretty terrible, especially in comparison to the multitude of other FPS and third person shooters. Action games generally have poor stories, but Killzone 2 is pretty devoid of anything remotely interesting.

Aside from the guys you shoot. The Hellghast are pretty cool, no question about that. But if your standards for an engaging plot is how cool the meat sacks are you pump lead into, you need to raise your standards."

You don't speak any sense.

- What is "likable" for you? The "Cole Train"? Gears was a festival of stereotypes. The characters in Killzone are funcional, they serve the story, but the real likable characters are the enemies. The Helghast are the stars of the game and that's why you have one on the cover of the game;
- The voice acting was good, Could you elaborate on your complaints because it is very unsubstantial?;
- The plot was good. At no moment the player is able to tell what is going to happen next. It wasn't cliche all the way to the end like many other games;
- What would you do if you were fighting for your life? Recite poetry? The f*** is what I was saying in front of the TV! "Give me a fucking break" to cite an exact quote. The intensity of battle is all that is. Besides they are soldiers, not poets;
- No plot holes whatsoever;
- What context do you want? More cutscenes? Then play Metal Gear. It was always clear what was happening, the main focus of the game is the action from the perspective of the soldier and the story is good. In this case the story was only supporting the action;
- The only emotion I felt was a continuous stream of f*** words. If you refer to Garza, I think it was ok. You are not supposed to cry about that, but just see that Sev is pissed off;

The Killzone is simply the best FPS ever made. The action sequences are the best. The battles are the best. And that's all that is to a FPS. Did I say the best FPS enemies ever created?

Your dismissal of the enemies as something unimportant is typical American self-centeredness and not an argument. You know a game is American when the enemies are nothing, but monstruous things that can't even speak (e.g, Locust, Imps, Alien, etc). The problem in a game is that it is way too cartoonish. It is like "I am evil because I am evil and I like doing evil things because, well, I do evil things". It is ridiculous. That must be why you fall for any BS any of your presidents say. You believe the world is a cartoon!

The antagonists are just as important as the protagonist itself. You can't have an interesting story without good antagonists! You should raise your standards and stop seeing the world as your saturday morning cartoon!

I have said a million times, but I will say it again. The "lone warrior" Rambo type was left behind in the 90s. It was cool to play Doom back then, but one man can't defeat an entire army! If there's a conflict then I want to see it! And I want to see to armies facing each other! That's why Killzone is the best. It is simply how FPSes should be in the 21st century. Lots chaos, dust, explosions, people on the screen, and your character is dirty and miserable, and you are trying not to die. That's a challenge.

The only way one man could do some real damage is like a secret agent, like Snake or James Bond. But FPSes aren't about that.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By atejas
thiago said:
people call the plot "dismal". I wonder what "good" means for them. "

No Caption Provided

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By thiago

This has to be the most non-sensical comparison ever made. Which one has the best story: Tetris, Quake or Final Fantasy VII?

You are pissed off, aren't you? You just got owned again and again. Take it like a man. Next time you should engage in debates with better arguments, just take it as a lesson.

zidane33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By zidane33

u guys are stupid

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59  Edited By vidiot
thiago said:
"vidiot said:
 Likable squad characters, better voice acting, a game's plot that wasn't ridiculously predictable, a script that had something more than mom jokes and four letter words, context for anything that I was doing or was going on, plot holes, poor moments of emotion due to unlikeable characters, I could go on but this has been discussed more in better threads. Suffice to say, Killzone's 2 is pretty terrible, especially in comparison to the multitude of other FPS and third person shooters. Action games generally have poor stories, but Killzone 2 is pretty devoid of anything remotely interesting.

Aside from the guys you shoot. The Hellghast are pretty cool, no question about that. But if your standards for an engaging plot is how cool the meat sacks are you pump lead into, you need to raise your standards."

- What is "likable" for you? The "Cole Train"? Gears was a festival of stereotypes. The characters in Killzone are funcional, they serve the story, but the real likable characters are the enemies. The Helghast are the stars of the game and that's why you have one on the cover of the game;
- The voice acting was good, Could you elaborate on your complaints because it is very unsubstantial?;
- The plot was good. At no moment the player is able to tell what is going to happen next. It wasn't cliche all the way to the end like many other games;
- What would you do if you were fighting for your life? Recite poetry? The f*** is what I was saying in front of the TV! "Give me a fucking break" to cite an exact quote. The intensity of battle is all that is. Besides they are soldiers, not poets;
- What context do you want? More cutscenes? Then play Metal Gear. It was always clear what was happening, the main focus of the game is the action from the perspective of the soldier and the story is good. In this case the story was only supporting the action;
- The only emotion I felt was a continuous stream of f*** words. If you refer to Garza, I think it was ok. You are not supposed to cry about that, but just see that Sev is pissed off;

The Killzone is simply the best FPS ever made. The action sequences are the best. The battles are the best. And that's all that is to a FPS. Did I say the best FPS enemies ever created?

Your dismissal of the enemies as something unimportant is typical American self-centeredness and not an argument. You know a game is American when the enemies are nothing, but monstruous things that can't even speak (e.g, Locust, Imps, Alien, etc). The problem in a game is that it is way too cartoonish. It is like "I am evil because I am evil and I like doing evil things because, well, I do evil things". It is ridiculous. That must be why you fall for any BS any of your presidents say. You believe the world is a cartoon!The antagonists are just as important as the protagonist itself. You can't have an interesting story without good antagonists! You should raise your standards and stop seeing the world as your saturday morning cartoon!I have said a million times, but I will say it again. The "lone warrior" Rambo type was left behind in the 90s. It was cool to play Doom back then, but one man can't defeat an entire army! If there's a conflict then I want to see it! And I want to see to armies facing each other! That's why Killzone is the best. It is simply how FPSes should be in the 21st century. Lots chaos, dust, explosions, people on the screen, and your character is dirty and miserable, and you are trying not to die. That's a challenge.The only way one man could do some real damage is like a secret agent, like Snake or James Bond. But FPSes aren't about that."
I was going to reply to this with a sense of purpose, with some very specific well thought out counterpoints. The discussion and debate of the lack of plot in Killzone 2 story is something that I find incredibly appealing.

Then you decided to go on a paranoid tangent regarding American self-centeredness and the polorization of American foregin policy, and that I, quote: "believe the world is a cartoon".

Yeah, I have better things to do.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By atejas
thiago said:
"This has to be the most non-sensical comparison ever made. Which one has the best story: Tetris, Quake or Final Fantasy VII?You are pissed off, aren't you? You just got owned again and again. Take it like a man. Next time you should engage in debates with better arguments, just take it as a lesson."
Final Fantasy VII has a better plot than Quake or Tetris.
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By vidiot
atejas said:
"thiago said:
"This has to be the most non-sensical comparison ever made. Which one has the best story: Tetris, Quake or Final Fantasy VII?You are pissed off, aren't you? You just got owned again and again. Take it like a man. Next time you should engage in debates with better arguments, just take it as a lesson."
Final Fantasy VII has a better plot than Quake or Tetris."
Where do you get off making such bold statements!...You self-centered American scum! :P
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By atejas
vidiot said:
"atejas said:
"thiago said:
Where do you get off making such bold statements!...You self-centered American scum! :P "
It's funny because I'm Indian.
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By vidiot
atejas said:
"vidiot said:
"atejas said:
"thiago said:
Where do you get off making such bold statements!...You self-centered American scum! :P "
It's funny because I'm Indian."
LMAO! Sir, you just made my day dude!
Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Gruff182

To be fair theres not many games these days with amazing stories, especially FPS.

Killzone2 never really tries to tell an epic story, it takes the same kind of approach as L4D.

Which is basically.   WAR.  GO!!

I personally like that.

Retrogimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By Retrogimp
shadows_kill said:
last medicore=3/5? wtf dude thats a alright score to me. medicore= 1/5. "
Mediocre means average dude. Hence 3/5 is average. 1/5 would be the equivalent of dog shit on a plate.

EDIT: Just noticed he's already been lectured by Vidiot. Ignore.
destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By destruktive
vidiot said:
"thiago said:
"vidiot said:

Your dismissal of the enemies as something unimportant is typical American self-centeredness and not an argument. You know a game is American when the enemies are nothing, but monstruous things that can't even speak (e.g, Locust, Imps, Alien, etc). The problem in a game is that it is way too cartoonish. It is like "I am evil because I am evil and I like doing evil things because, well, I do evil things". It is ridiculous. That must be why you fall for any BS any of your presidents say. You believe the world is a cartoon!The antagonists are just as important as the protagonist itself. You can't have an interesting story without good antagonists! You should raise your standards and stop seeing the world as your saturday morning cartoon!I have said a million times, but I will say it again. The "lone warrior" Rambo type was left behind in the 90s. It was cool to play Doom back then, but one man can't defeat an entire army! If there's a conflict then I want to see it! And I want to see to armies facing each other! That's why Killzone is the best. It is simply how FPSes should be in the 21st century. Lots chaos, dust, explosions, people on the screen, and your character is dirty and miserable, and you are trying not to die. That's a challenge.The only way one man could do some real damage is like a secret agent, like Snake or James Bond. But FPSes aren't about that."
I was going to reply to this with a sense of purpose, with some very specific well thought out counterpoints. The discussion and debate of the lack of plot in Killzone 2 story is something that I find incredibly appealing.

Then you decided to go on a paranoid tangent regarding American self-centeredness and the polorization of American foregin policy, and that I, quote: "believe the world is a cartoon".

Yeah, I have better things to do. "
Good for you :)
I hearby declare vidiot the bigger man
Ethan_odd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67  Edited By Ethan_odd

"I have better things to do." - Thiago

Apparently not, because you go and spit fanboyism everywhere you walk.

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Manatassi
I have to agree with AnimZero, I really really want to like this game but the controlls keep putting me off. They feel so drifty and I have trouble lining my shots up fast enough. Everything else about the game I really love but the way the aim feels is a BIG problem. I'm still going to go back and complete the game its just unfortunate.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By thiago
Ethan_odd said:
"

"I have better things to do." - Thiago

Apparently not, because you go and spit fanboyism everywhere you walk.

"

I didn't say that. It was the other guy who got owned.