#1 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

OK now I can confirm it isn't just a CGI video, plus seeing it in proper 1080p you can really see the details.

Look at the look on the developers face when they cut short the roller coaster part of the demo because of the shenanigans of the hosts, got to love live TV =)

#2 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1577 posts) -

It's shame that the least interesting (and one of the few games that was already clearly actual gameplay) is the game that's get shown on TV. I guess it makes sense that the game that seems the closest to being an actual game is the one that gets played by comedians on TV, but it would have been cool to see one of the more interesting games.

#3 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll: The game looks fine, I hardly play FPS games anymore maybe 1 or 2 a year. Well last year Far Cry 3 and COD BO2 campaign, 2 completely different experiences, so I don't understand when people just get cynical about a game being in the FPS genre. Anyway I guess because this is probably the only First Party exclusive Sony has got to show that is playable, Drive Club was just a trailer even though he trademarked it 9 years ago, same with Infamous, and it really does show off the resolution, AA, textures, shadows and lightning that the PS4 can produce at 1080p.

#4 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Oh wow that actually looks a lot worse now that I see it in full detail. I recall Crysis 2 on PC looking better.

Obviously a lot better than the current generation however, look forward to getting one later this year.

#5 Edited by Snail (8594 posts) -

Why do they always send guys with no PR skills to do these important demos that millions of people watch?

Why didn't they send a PR spokesperson with good people skills and non-awkward english?

This reminds me of when Reggie went to Late Night to demo Nintendo Land and he chose to demo the Ninja Castle minigame out of all of them. He could have played Mario Chase or Luigi's Mansion with Fallon, who has fun with his guests in some of the silliest ways ever televised, but he played a solo minigame instead.

What are these companies playing at? Do they not want people to buy their console? This is Sony's first jab at the mainstream with the PlayStation 4 name, and they do it half-heartedly?

Fuck these things. I just don't get it.

#6 Posted by Snail (8594 posts) -

In terms of propaganda I think that demo was at its best when the guys from Guerrilla Games weren't playing or saying a word.

#7 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1577 posts) -

@sooty said:

Oh wow that actually looks a lot worse now that I see it in full detail. I recall Crysis 2 on PC looking better.

Obviously a lot better than the current generation however, look forward to getting one later this year.

Even though it looks better than stream quality, I wouldn't make too many judgements based off of a youtube video. You also have to keep in mind that this is a launch title. Compare the visuals of Perfect Dark zero to Gears of War 3 or the visuals of Resistance Fall of Man compared to The Last of Us, they look like games are of different console generations. Like with most consoles, the initial slate of games will not even approach what the system is really capable of.

@ll_exile_ll: The game looks fine, I hardly play FPS games anymore maybe 1 or 2 a year. Well last year Far Cry 3 and COD BO2 campaign, 2 completely different experiences, so I don't understand when people just get cynical about a game being in the FPS genre. Anyway I guess because this is probably the only First Party exclusive Sony has got to show that is playable, Drive Club was just a trailer even though he trademarked it 9 years ago, same with Infamous, and it really does show off the resolution, AA, textures, shadows and lightning that the PS4 can produce at 1080p.

I have nothing against the game really, I have actually really liked the Killzone games I've played (2 and 3). It's just that I am personally more interested in some of the other games announced for the system (infamous in particular). Killzone did look visually impressive, but the gameplay wasn't really particularly interesting considering there wasn't much of anything aside from some impressive displays of scale that couldn't be done on current consoles.

#8 Posted by Meltac (2001 posts) -

Cool enough video, but wow.. I had no idea that both Fallon and Guerilla Games where so sexist?

#9 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@sooty said:

Even Crysis 2 looked "sub par" when it launched, so I wouldn't pass the final judgement on it being it's 1st public showing about 9 months away from the console launch, but everything in this demo looked fantastic, way more than I expected from what they were going to show.

#10 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@sooty said:

Even Crysis 2 looked "sub par" when it launched, so I wouldn't pass the final judgement on it being it's 1st public showing about 9 months away from the console launch, but everything in this demo looked fantastic, way more than I expected from what they were going to show.

I thought Crysis 2 looked pretty great even on launch, this footage doesn't put me off the console and I didn't mean to imply that but it definitely took away a lot of the "wow" I had when I first saw it on the live stream.

#11 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@sooty said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@sooty said:

I thought Crysis 2 looked pretty great even on launch, this footage doesn't put me off the console and I didn't mean to imply that but it definitely took away a lot of the "wow" I had when I first saw it on the live stream.

It did look great but it didn't launch with DX11 is what I am saying.

#12 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Are we really talking about graphics right now? Let's not shit each other, Crysis 2, Crysis 3, Battlefield 3, this Killzone, Witcher 2, they all more or less look the damn same fidelity and technology wise.

I have yet to see a game that actually takes us beyond the Battlefield 3 level of eye sexy, but lets not pretend that AAA title 1 looks better than AAA title 2 when they both have the same effect of fidelity in your eye balls.

#13 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (190 posts) -

This game looks so good, like PC good. No joke, I am already a big fan of Killzone and this is going to be a day 1 purchase for me.

#14 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

Funny how crysis 3 (maxed out on pc) isn't that far off from that but it's just great to finally see that hardware bottleneck disappear for now.

#15 Edited by zenmastah (889 posts) -

Theres tons of more stuff happening with the KZ demo compared to Crysis 3 from what ive played it, thats the big difference going into next gen i think.

More RAM= more stuff on screen.

Otherwise visually its on par with Crysis 3, exept Crysis 3 has better faces.

And grass.

#16 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4191 posts) -

I love Anthony Anderson. Jimmy, not so much. ~ I would buy this.

#17 Posted by Pezen (1594 posts) -

They weren't able to perform climbing in earlier Killzones? Hahaha. That's the best worst hype of computational prowess I've ever heard.

#18 Posted by djou (874 posts) -

I found this clip unbearable. Yes, this is a venue to show off the game to a mainstream audience, but devolving to a chorus of oohs and aahs at the sight of bloody dismemberment is disgusting. When Fallon and Anderson start shouting hysterically its absolutely annoying and completely contradicts the "I'm a geek and gamer" persona Jimmy Fallon acts. That's complete noob behavior. He's one of the only people in the public who has played with the system and instead of talking about how cool it was he acted like dog was chasing him during a stupid pet trick. Then there were the two Guerillas guys that looked like they were showing the game in front of a military tribunal. They should have gotten Cerny up there with Knack, that would have been entertainment.

#19 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2216 posts) -

We've only seen a tiny fraction of this game and we have no idea how many different kinds of environments might be in the game. I hope in some way physics can play a good role in this game to demonstrate the destructive capability. Good to hear that this will also be a launch title which I'm genuinely surprised about.

#20 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

I just cannot get excited for another Killzone game, no matter how good it looks.

#21 Edited by Nilazz (613 posts) -

I love how Jimmy says he is a big gamer and can't even aim at all, I guess he plays farmville.

#22 Posted by Miketakon (514 posts) -

He's had a couple of demos he should at least know how to aim.

#23 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

That controller looks really good. Don't know about the speaker though.

#24 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -
@djou said:

I found this clip unbearable. Yes, this is a venue to show off the game to a mainstream audience, but devolving to a chorus of oohs and aahs at the sight of bloody dismemberment is disgusting. When Fallon and Anderson start shouting hysterically its absolutely annoying and completely contradicts the "I'm a geek and gamer" persona Jimmy Fallon acts. That's complete noob behavior. He's one of the only people in the public who has played with the system and instead of talking about how cool it was he acted like dog was chasing him during a stupid pet trick. Then there were the two Guerillas guys that looked like they were showing the game in front of a military tribunal. They should have gotten Cerny up there with Knack, that would have been entertainment.

Lighten up dude it was fun.