Killzone Introduction 2007 VS 2009

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By LiquidPrince

All I can say is damn. This game looks even better now then it did then, and it was pretty impressive back then already. Higher quality textures, broader range of colors, the whole shebang.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CreamyGoodness

shit. this almost makes me want to buy a ps3. I would if it wasn't so dam expensive. It is a fucking shame this game aint multiplat

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By fr0br0
CreamyGoodness said:
"shit. this almost makes me want to buy a ps3. I would if it wasn't so dam expensive. It is a fucking shame this game aint multiplat"
No, it's a damn good thing this game isn't multiplat. It's good to have some serious games exclusives to keep the competition flowing.
TheJadeAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By TheJadeAngel
CreamyGoodness said:
"shit. this almost makes me want to buy a ps3. I would if it wasn't so dam expensive. It is a fucking shame this game aint multiplat"
You should be able to pick up a PS3 after March for a considerably less price than what they go for now .  Their has been hints and rumors that they are gonna come more in line with X360 prices but i'm dubious about that myself considering the trouble Sony is having atm within its Sales Division .
Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Optiow

'Tis a good lookin game.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CreamyGoodness
TheJadeAngel said:
"CreamyGoodness said:
You should be able to pick up a PS3 after March for a considerably less price than what they go for now .  Their has been hints and rumors that they are gonna come more in line with X360 prices but i'm dubious about that myself considering the trouble Sony is having atm within its Sales Division ."
my birthday is in March, how nice
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince
CreamyGoodness said:
I would say it's not. Multi-platform games never get polished as much as first party games.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CreamyGoodness
LiquidPrince said:
"CreamyGoodness said:
I would say it's not. Multi-platform games never get polished as much as first party games.

"
isn't it third. is Guerrilla not making it?
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive
this isn't the intro.  this has to be two different parts. or another level. because the intro goes right to that beach. 
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince
CreamyGoodness said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"CreamyGoodness said:

"
isn't it third. is Guerrilla not making it?"

Guerilla was bought by Sony.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

1. whos teh chick in the avatar liquid?
2.looks to be just like resistance in that 1 was total shit it was a crappy looking generic fps, and 2 did a major overhaul but in the end its still a rip off of cod4/geow1 and halo 3 in the gameplay and AI deparment it looks like KZ 2 order of the day when in development was copy other guys as much as possible.

TheJadeAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheJadeAngel

Neat i can now pre-order my KZ2 from EB Games in Australia and get a Shiny Tin Case for it .  Wish the young guy at the store i asked about it not so long back had a clue in his head i would have been doing the Credit Card Crunch then and there.  Oh well Shiny Tin Case here i come.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By get2sammyb
WilliamRLBaker said:
2.looks to be just like resistance in that 1 was total shit it was a crappy looking generic fps, and 2 did a major overhaul but in the end its still a rip off of cod4/geow1 and halo 3 in the gameplay and AI deparment it looks like KZ 2 order of the day when in development was copy other guys as much as possible."
You really can't make that assumption until you've played through 50% of the game. And certainly you can't from that video.

Besides, Resistance 2 may have had a wank single player campaign but the co-op play was worth the price of the package alone.

Stop comparing Playstation franchises to your "precious" XBOX franchises. This has nothing in common with Gears Of War and plays totally differently to Halo 3. The CoD4 reference may be warranted.
Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Manachild

I can sorta get the Halo 3 meets COD4 comparison as far as how it plays. It seems like a hybrid of those 2 games at times to me at least. But i wouldnt say that it has anything remotely like gears tho.

Although i dont see any of this as a bad thing, which is where i guess our oppinons differ? I dunno.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By get2sammyb
Manachild said:
"I can sorta get the Halo 3 meets COD4 comparison as far as how it plays. It seems like a hybrid of those 2 games at times to me at least. But i wouldnt say that it has anything remotely like gears tho.
Although i dont see any of this as a bad thing, which is where i guess our oppinons differ? I dunno.
"
Nope. I disagree. Halo's the type of game where you jump fifty feet into the air, unloading a clip from your plasma rifle in order to take out an enemy.

Going on all I've read about Killzone 2 it's like the Gran Turismo of shooters. Guns recoil all over the place and genuinely have a weight to them; jumping pulls you straight back down to Earth; etc. I get the impression this game does not have the "light" feeling that CoD has.

Stylistically there are (minor) comparisons to Halo and I suppose CoD relations will be drawn but from what I've read it sounds nothing like either game. Of course my opinion might change when I actually play it but for now... nope... don't see it. It just seems like another way for people to put the game down.

"Erm... yeah but... it's actually jsut a ripoff of 'Game X' and I've got that game on my 360z so Killzone is shit."
Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Manachild

i meant it in the vague fashion of, sci fi meets COD4 esque shooting mechanics.

And for the record, i hate halo 3.... the only halo game i like is the first one. 
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LiquidPrince
Manachild said:
"i meant it in the vague fashion of, sci fi meets COD4 esque shooting mechanics.
And for the record, i hate halo 3.... the only halo game i like is the first one. 
"
I believe it build on Killzone 1, which came way before COD4, so I don't know how you can make that comparison, at least not until you've played it.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
get2sammyb said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
2.looks to be just like resistance in that 1 was total shit it was a crappy looking generic fps, and 2 did a major overhaul but in the end its still a rip off of cod4/geow1 and halo 3 in the gameplay and AI deparment it looks like KZ 2 order of the day when in development was copy other guys as much as possible."
You really can't make that assumption until you've played through 50% of the game. And certainly you can't from that video.

Besides, Resistance 2 may have had a wank single player campaign but the co-op play was worth the price of the package alone.

Stop comparing Playstation franchises to your "precious" XBOX franchises. This has nothing in common with Gears Of War and plays totally differently to Halo 3. The CoD4 reference may be warranted."

lol actually last i checked i could judge any thing i wanted, all so last i checked all on really had to do was look at gameplay and not actually play that gameplay to come up with an opinion, The belief that one has to TRY something to be able to judge it is wrong, and sorry to say but from what i've seen the game plays EXACTLY like the 3 games i mentioned, Resistance 2 was the same way, R1 was a shitty generic fps then R2's total overhaul and copy of every thing geow1, halo 3, and cod 4 was exactly that, and KZ2 looks to be no different.
Except that its AI is no where near as smart.  lets hope they fix it in the final version.  * i should add i like Resistance 2*

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Gunner
WilliamRLBaker said:
"get2sammyb said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:

Stop comparing Playstation franchises to your "precious" XBOX franchises. This has nothing in common with Gears Of War and plays totally differently to Halo 3. The CoD4 reference may be warranted."

lol actually last i checked i could judge any thing i wanted, all so last i checked all on really had to do was look at gameplay and not actually play that gameplay to come up with an opinion, The belief that one has to TRY something to be able to judge it is wrong, and sorry to say but from what i've seen the game plays EXACTLY like the 3 games i mentioned, Resistance 2 was the same way, R1 was a shitty generic fps then R2's total overhaul and copy of every thing geow1, halo 3, and cod 4 was exactly that, and KZ2 looks to be no different.
Except that its AI is no where near as smart.  lets hope they fix it in the final version.

"
CoD4 was just CoD2 with better graphics and a bunch of multiplayer features packed on. Halo 3 was just halo 2 with more features and a beefed up graphics engine, gears 2 is the same as gears 1 which are both generic third person shooters.

See i can judge things without warrant too! Does that make me right? According to your logic, it does.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TwoOneFive
WilliamRLBaker said:
"1. whos teh chick in the avatar liquid?
resistance 1 was good and was critically praised. just check metacritic. terrible analogy. 
and if you seriously think their mind set was to copy everyone else as much as possible you're an idiot. 
WilliamRLBaker said:
"get2sammyb said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:

Except that its AI is no where near as smart.  lets hope they fix it in the final version.  * i should add i like Resistance 2*

"
i can do the same thing in every other FPS game out there....if i play it on very easy. i have heard from many many reliable sources the AI is good and is tough (IGN demonstrated in a preview how if you stray out in the open too long you will most definitely within seconds and they played gameplay to prove it, and i'm sure they were fair and played it on the default difficulty. this is from games radar, thats an immediate flag right there.  if you've been paying attention, they have become one of the most unprofessional gaming sites in existence and have been going to great lengths to make Killzone 2 look bad.(i mean seriously SAD lengths) too bad they fail because even when it "looks bad" it still looks fucking awesome. 
matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By matthew

Picking this up on day 1. 
From not gamestop.
If 7-11 was going to carry it, that would be my one stop for the day.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Manachild
LiquidPrince said:
"Manachild said:
"i meant it in the vague fashion of, sci fi meets COD4 esque shooting mechanics.
"
I believe it build on Killzone 1, which came way before COD4, so I don't know how you can make that comparison, at least not until you've played it.

"
I was refering to resistance 2, not killzone 2 since williamRLbaker mentioned resistance 2 aswell.
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By KamasamaK
Manachild said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Manachild said:
"

"
I was refering to resistance 2, not killzone 2 since williamRLbaker mentioned resistance 2 aswell."
Oh, well you should have specified that. In that case, I would agree that Resistance has elements of Halo and CoD4 (but not really GeoW). Killzone 2, on the other hand, has nothing distinctly in common with Halo except maybe the fact that it doesn't take place on Earth. I guess I can see some comparison with GeoW in that there's a cover system in single-player (even though it's in first-person and GeoW didn't invent cover anyway) and your character's movement is a bit weightier than other shooters.
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
WilliamRLBaker said:
You could use this logic for any game really. You could say that Halo was ripping off Goldeneye, or that Mario was ripping off Pitfall, or that Zelda was ripping off Adventure. There's nothing wrong with a game that builds upon existing concepts that are fun and work. There's not a whole lot of originality left in the FPS genre other than "shoot stuff". Oh and last time I checked, Gears of War was a third person shooter so I'm not sure how you can compare the two. And if your saying that Killzone 2 is ripping off the atmosphere of GOW then you must have forgotten that the Killzone franchise has been around longer than GOW. 
Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Manachild
Kamasama said:
"Manachild said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Manachild said:
"

"
I was refering to resistance 2, not killzone 2 since williamRLbaker mentioned resistance 2 aswell."
Oh, well you should have specified that. In that case, I would agree that Resistance has elements of Halo and CoD4 (but not really GeoW). Killzone 2, on the other hand, has nothing distinctly in common with Halo except maybe the fact that it doesn't take place on Earth. I guess I can see some comparison with GeoW in that there's a cover system in single-player (even though it's in first-person and GeoW didn't invent cover anyway) and your character's movement is a bit weightier than other shooters."
Yeah i probably should have, considering that yes, this thread is primarily supposed to be about killzone 2 of course.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By get2sammyb

Just to clarify that GamesRadar slashy knife playthrough William so kindly posted in order to make the game look bad -- they are playing on easy and that is the first level.

You literally cannot survive without using cover later in the game on the standard difficulty. And I make that assumption based on numerous hands-on previews.

EDIT: Oh and as for GamesRadar - I recommend this link. Make up your own mind.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Manachild

i had a small moment of having my mind blown by how surreal the topic of killzone 2 is .... so much beef lol

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By get2sammyb
Manachild said:
"i had a small moment of having my mind blown by how surreal the topic of killzone 2 is .... so much beef lol"
Haha. Nothing causes a flamewar quite like it. You want to see the comments when it gets mentioned on Eurogamer and GameTrailers. It's fucking hilarious.
Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Manachild
get2sammyb said:
"Manachild said:
"i had a small moment of having my mind blown by how surreal the topic of killzone 2 is .... so much beef lol"
Haha. Nothing causes a flamewar quite like it. You want to see the comments when it gets mentioned on Eurogamer and GameTrailers. It's fucking hilarious."
o rly, *goes to check it out*
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By KamasamaK
get2sammyb said:
"Manachild said:
Haha. Nothing causes a flamewar quite like it. You want to see the comments when it gets mentioned on Eurogamer and GameTrailers. It's fucking hilarious."
Mmm, flamed beef.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LiquidPrince
Manachild said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Manachild said:
"

"
My mistake.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By BigBoss1911
CreamyGoodness said:
Its only $400 now.And its probably going to be even cheaper in a few months.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By AndrewGaspar
WilliamRLBaker said:
So making intelligent enemies/allies is ripping off other games now? Actually, the enemies in Killzone 2 seem to have BETTER AI than the average shooter. They even have bots.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By Snail

Seems to have improved significantly.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Manachild

this thread needs ressurecting.... cause killzone beef is rad as hell. 

BUMP
TheJadeAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheJadeAngel

For your viewing pleasure i would like to bring you this Interview with the team responsible for Killzone 2 .  Its runs for 41 minutes and requires reading subtitles but the cover all the things you've been wanting to know about the game , ... Mostly !  It also has some fantastic eye candy .  A friend of mine stumbled across it yesterday and was kind enough to share since she knows how much i'm looking forward to this game .

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LiquidPrince

Awesome, thanks!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By get2sammyb
AndrewGaspar said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
So making intelligent enemies/allies is ripping off other games now? Actually, the enemies in Killzone 2 seem to have BETTER AI than the average shooter. They even have bots."
lol, this just in: improving AI from previous games is "copying".

Oh Killzone 2, you naughty superior product. Those haters are really starting to grasp at straws now. I can't wait to see the reviews. We are literally less than two weeks away now ;)
Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Manachild
get2sammyb said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
So making intelligent enemies/allies is ripping off other games now? Actually, the enemies in Killzone 2 seem to have BETTER AI than the average shooter. They even have bots."
lol, this just in: improving AI from previous games is "copying".

Oh Killzone 2, you naughty superior product. Those haters are really starting to grasp at straws now. I can't wait to see the reviews. We are literally less than two weeks away now ;)"
embargo is lifted shortly after the first week of febuary right?, i wonder if giantbomb will have a review out that early or whether thier going to do what gamespot did with a "not before the day the games out" policy.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By LiquidPrince

Guys watch that 41 minute developer diary. It's awesome!