Kinect TGS game announcements

adny2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By adny2

I just needed to get this off my chest.  It's something I posted in the official xbox forums, and since Giant Bomb is hands down the best gaming podcast and website this side of the galaxy, I wanted to cut and paste, and share my comment here as well.

it's really annoying to think how gullible people are, thinking that the casual games are really all kinect planned to offer.  Casual gamers, well, ok, i can see that.  But hardcore gamers? if you've been playing games for the better part of 15 years now, you should know that Microsoft would at least have plans for some rough and tough games for the Kinect.  Its obvious they want to get into the casual hands first, because thats a market that's doing nintendo really really well.  But common, you honestly think they didn't approach the developers of Halo, Gears of War, Fable, and the Japanese Devs to make some games?

If you're a true hardcore gamer, you'd already know that it'll take an extra two or three years to develop the kind of games YOU want to play (excluding obvious xbla, and psn titles) .  For the casual games, what they have out is actually pretty good for just that market.  i know thats my own opinion, but it really does feel like people are 'choosing' to hate on the casual games because they don't currently have anything hardcore available to them.  and as a result, they choose to hate on the kinect altogether.  Personally, I wont down the Kinect's hard core efforts until the hard core stuff comes out and doesn't appeal to me. 

These TGS announced games were obvious.  Not saying I knew what was coming out. Just saying that we all should of known hard core material was in the works.  These are, however, in some way, the same developers that's making games on the wii, and for sony's Move, that's offering their ideas on Kinect.  So especially if you're biased for only sony's Move, or the Wii, you should have 'some' respect for seeing cross platform games on Kinect that you liked on your other favorite console.

Bottom line?  Quit hating on things so early before you even know what's coming out for it, especially down the line.  PS3 started off as a dismal failure, loosing a lot of exclusive titles and was a joke around most of the community.  Copycatting their sevices and ideas from nintendo and xbox.  But the sony fanboys believed in the console, and look at it today.  a few years later.  Not #1, but much better than when it started.  Why? because Sony said they'll do better, and ALL THE FANBOYS BELIEVED!  So when Microsoft said "Hard core games are being developed and are on its way."  Why is that so hard to believe?

Microsoft gave us Fable, Gears of War, Halo, Bioshock, Mass Effect, ect.
Microsoft brought us Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Virtua Fighter, GTA 4, Resident Evil, among other x-exclusive titles.

Why wouldn't they have hardcore games in development for Kinect? Whether they'll be good or not is yet to be seen, but know that this new technology is in the hands of some AAA developers (meaning the teams that made games YOU APPARENTLY LIKE), the hardcore games are coming.

Thanks for reading....I'll get off this soapbox now.
(*tumble)

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By PerryVandell

It's not that I don't believe Kinect could be a viable choice for hardcore gamers in the future, it's just I'm a little skeptical considering their current line up of games. Dance Central seems like the only thing I would want to try, and even then I don't want to pay $210 to play it. I'm just not on board with Kinect right now, and I won't be until they show off something fun and unique that isn't a party/fitness game.