Know anyone that doesn't care about 100% completion in games?

• 139 results
CodyMetro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CodyMetro

I know a lot of people on forums love to complete games 100%, but does anyone here have a friend or family member that doesn't care if they complete a game 100%? Like they skip most of the side stuff and only complete the main story, things like that.

Also, does anyone here know anyone that loves video games, but hardly ever finishes a game from  the beginning to the credits? Thought this would be interesting to see what other people thought and such.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MikkaQ

Er me and me for both of those. I do side missions if they are fun to play or add to the narrative of a game, but not for some collectibles or a bonus weapon or something. I almost never get 100% completion in any game. And I've started about a bajilliondy games without finishing them.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By ReyGitano

I complete games 100% to the best of my ability, but sometimes that definition varies. I definitely know people for whom 100% is no longer as big an issue, but mainly because their time is limited.

Avatar image for christiancastillo
ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ChristianCastillo

Me and most of the (casual) gamers I know

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RE_Player1

Me. I hardly ever finish some games. God of War 3 and Prince of Persia 2008 have been on my shelf for awhile, and those ore just the two that come to mind. As for the 100% I did it with the original Dead Space and Borderlands... never again. It ruins the game for me. 

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Enigma777

I don't. Hell most of the time I'm proud of myself for managing to even beat a game.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

The last game I 100% completed was Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I almost completed Fallout 3, but then I realized I didn't pick up that Bobblehead at the end of the story, and also that I don't have any interest in building my own weapons. So there's two achievements I will never get.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Meowayne

I don't have any game that I completed 100%, and I consider people who feel the need and spend the ressources to do so to be weird and slightly disturbing.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've almost never 100% a game...  I'd say it's much more the norm to not do so, even among the "hardcore" crowd.  I do almost always complete games when I play them, unless they're utter garbage.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Claude

If I finish the main story, I'm doing great. I never play on hard either, mostly normal settings and some games I play on easy. I've never gotten all the achievements on any game with my time spent on the Xbox 360.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By dagas

I don't care that much. I have too many games to finish 100 %. There are a few games that I really like where I try to do everything. I've finished (played through until the end credits) about 1/4 of my XBOX360 games. I have a bad habit of buying too many games. I just can't resist when I see a great game cheap. Like BF Bad Company which i bought for €5. It feels like I can't afford not to buy it at that price. I've played maybe 30min of that game.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rhaknar

me... im happy when i finish a game, as is the VAST majority of gamers

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I beat most games I play, but I only 100% it if it's something I really love. I 100% games like Mario Galaxy, Bayonetta, Sin and Punishment 2, Vanquish, Mega Man 9, Devil May Cry 3, anything that makes me want to play it over and over again. It's not so much a desire to 100% the game as it is to master it. I don't give a shit about achievements and trophies, but I love being really good at a great game.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vexxan

I do some side missions in games from time to time but in general I just wanna finish the main story. If I really like a game I do some achievements but not having a game beat to 100% doesnt keep me up at night.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Branthog

I don't care about achievements or side missions (not that I necessarily avoid them, either). When I reach the end credits, I have finished the game. I have completed it 100%. There's no point to collecting 8,000 flags or killing 53,000 of one type of monster or doing every mission if you don't need all of those things to finish the game. If they were important -- and not just meaningless padding so you can say your game has 8 hours of content instead of 4 -- then one wouldn't be able to finish the game without doing those things.

I want to enjoy a game and an experience, but throwing meaningless bullshit at me to pad time is a cheap bullshit way of building "value" into your title.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Venatio

Well I like finishing the story in my games and getting the achievements/trophies that seems fun to get

I rarely 100% games, don't have the patience
sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sameeeeam

I beat all games I play, but I rarely try for 100%

Vecreast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Vecreast

I complete most of my games, with exception of those I think are horrible (N3 forexample). I also do a lot of them up to 100%. Not that big a fan of online achievements and such though. Many people may say that focusing too much on achievements or such will ruin the game experience, I solve that by doing first playthrough for fun and then usually take a second playthrough where I focus on the achievements I don't already have. To be honest, it kind of annoys me watching friends play and just boost through a game, not taking their time to look at things happening around them or bothering with sidequests.

But I do know a lot of guys who rarely go for the 100%, and a lot of guys who only completes the games they love the most, which usually isn't more than 3-10 games.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Depends,i get no kick if a game sucks and getting a 100%, but if its a good game I'll probably get a 100 just for the sake of playing the game, not the completion

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Brians

myself and I

StrawHatLaw13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By StrawHatLaw13

As I skimmed through the post I saw my comment would be similar.

I beat the game and I'm happy.  I get myself a sense of accomplishment and an ending as a reward.  As for achievements, I gave up on "going for" achievements awhile back, let alone go for 100% achievement-wise.  Last time I went for 100% and didn't even mind (and actually enjoyed) was Castlevania SOTN.
swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By swoxx

Yes

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By 02sfraser

I rarely complete games 100% but I do usually enjoy a lot of the side quests etc. Just don't always have the urge to get absolutely everything in a game.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Portis

Me. I've 100'd a few games in the last few years, but man I have to really, really like that game.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mazik765

My roommate I'm fairly certain has undiagnosed ADD...so him.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By phrosnite

I usually 100% games because I'm thinking "What if I missed something really cool" but I don't really care for the 100% thing. If the game is not that good I won't do everything in that game.

Avatar image for cackatalltrades
cackatalltrades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cackatalltrades

I feel like I have a problem. 100%-ing games was never important to me when I was younger, it was all about the pure enjoyment that the game offered. But with the introduction of trophies I feel games mock me if I don't get that elusive platinum. There are some games that I own, that I feel I will never platinum (mainly FPS-ers, Fight Night Round 4, and GT5) and I'm OK with that, but other games I own, with platinums that are relatively easy to get (usually involving grinding for a number of wins, or collectibles) will usually leave me a broken shell of a man until I earn everything required.

Stupid, I know. I'm a trophy whore. It's a disease. I need help. I shouldn't let it bother me. I should revert back to my childhood game playing days where they were all about the fun, not about the trophies. I got old. My parents aren't buying my games anymore. I feel I need to get my moneys worth. They mean nothing. They're not even real, tangible objects that I can display with any sense of pride or accomplishment. What's wrong with me?! How did I end up this way?

Fresh air. Yes, that's what I need. Bright lights, pretty colours. Ahh, the birds are singing. Yes, yes, yes, yes...

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@XII_Sniper said:
" Er me and me for both of those. I do side missions if they are fun to play or add to the narrative of a game, but not for some collectibles or a bonus weapon or something. I almost never get 100% completion in any game. And I've started about a bajilliondy games without finishing them. "
Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hooded

I don't normally complete a game, even if I really enjoy it (example Borderlands, AC2) I never really 100% a game.

Its really annoyed me, buying games and never completing them. So i've stuck to it and have completed Halo Reach, Bulletstorm, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2 and Fight Night all in recent memory, which is good for me.

I sometimes skip singleplayer, i've not completed a Call of Duty in ages. I skipped World at War, MW2 and Black Ops singleplayer. I used to think who the hell would do that but i'm really bored of the military bro shooter. So just go straight to MP.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I only 100% games that I love and want a reason to play through it a third time. Most recently that would be Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2.

Otherwise I'm just trying to finish the game.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By penguindust

Hello, my name is PenguinDust and I'm a non-completionist. 

I don't finish most of the games I play so when I do there's a mixture of satisfaction and disappointment.  Once I see the end of a game, chances are very strong I will never pick up that game again; however if it's left undone, I might return.  Now, I don't change my play because of this, it only explains my feelings of disappointment.  The reason I don't finish games is because I tend to "binge game" meaning, I play a lot over a short period of time, then nothing for days or weeks even.  When i return to a game after a lull, I sometimes might have forgotten the story and controls of whatever I had last been playing or I might be in the mood for something different.  I wouldn't be surprised that I picked up a controller again because I found a new (to me) game, so obviously that would then get all my attention.  Honestly, it's not all that important to me if I finish a game as long as I feel I got my dollar's worth of fun.   I have a finite amount of entertainment time, so only a portion of that is spent on video games.  I'm more concerned that the games I play are fun rather than finished. 

I have never even considered going for 100% since that often requires repeated play and I have enough trouble getting through once.  
Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Samaritan

It really depends. I always aim to complete a game to its fullest, but if I know it'll burn me out and probably end in not actually completing the critical path, I'll stop attempting to achieve a 100% completion and just make a sprint for the end. This usually happens in open world games, especially games like Assassin's Creed where there is just so much to do, that if I attempted to complete it all, I'd get so tired of the mechanics that I'd never come close to completing the important, story-related aspects of the game.

I'm much better about 100%-ing shooters and driving games I notice, especially the latter, I usually aim to get gold medals in all events and have actually succeeded in finishing that goal in a lot of games lately, more so than I thought I'd be capable of.
Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gargantuan

The only games that I try to get all achievements for are Halo 3 and Halo: Reach. I dunno why but Halo achievements are super fun for me.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By biospank

If a game is fun i will beat it 100%.
Like demons souls, oblivion, disgaea2, persona3, devil saga, valkyria chronicles, etc.
But if a game is all about holding your hand like cod or other shooters I dont bother.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By imsh_pl

If the game's gameplay is really good, I'll usually try to 100% it. But if the majority of the game's appeal is the story - which is ruined in every next playthrough - I usually won't bother.

I tried to get a platinum in inFamous once but getting all the shards was a pain in the ass and I couldn't get control of one part of historic district for some reason (couldn't trigger a mission). That was my last platinum attempt, I have 3 so far (Uncharted, U2, Batman:AA).

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By face15

I am basically the only person I know that cares about 100%-ing games.
Key word being cares. As much as I'd like to 100% every game in reality I only manage it for like a quarter of the games that I play. Less even.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

Most people don't care about 100% completion.
FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38  Edited By FesteringNeon
@Enigma777 said:
" I don't. Hell most of the time I'm proud of myself for managing to even beat a game. "
craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By craigbo180

I always try to beat at least most games I play but I will only 100 percent a game I really like or that is very easy and not especially time consuming to do everything in.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#40  Edited By natetodamax

Yeah, me.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I rarely even finish the critical pathway in games, nevermind 100%. I'm easily distracted and end up moving onto another game before I've finished my current one. 

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#42  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me, the only exceptions are Metroidvania games, since those practically beg for 100% completion.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44  Edited By Yanngc33

Here I am :D

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45  Edited By Castiel

Know anyone that doesn't care about 100% completion in games?

Yep! Me.

But I have pretty much finished the storyline of every game I own. I would say that I am the kind of guy that finishes 70-85% of a game. So I definitely also do some of the sidequests if not all, but I have never finished a game 100% and never think I will honestly. All though I have been close at times. :)
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vidiot
synt4x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By synt4x

I don't have a lot of time for games anymore. Most games I don't even play through to the credits.

Some games are so good that I'll happily 100% them, but it takes a long time for me to do that. I usually don't complete a game 100% though because most of the time it's not worth it. I'll do the major side-quests and such but not much else.
yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By yinstarrunner

I'm not  a big fan of achievements and such, but if there's side stuff in the game I'll try to do as much as I can.  But that's just because I want to get the most out of my game, not necessarily out of some need to 100% it.  I really hate using guides when I'm playing, as it feels like cheating to me.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Daveyo520

Me. I only do stuff I can reasonable do till I beat the game. If it requires you to go find secrets or play again and stuff I don't even try to 100% something.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Karkarov

I definitely don't care about 100% completion.  Thing is 100% completion these days means scoring 100% of achievements though.  I don't care if I never score a three man kill with one sniper round in an FPS but that doesn't mean I didn't play a ton of it or do all the available side quests in some RPG.