Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OhdK

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/index.html

The countdown will expire in 9 hrs anyway, but I figure this was worth seeing

The rain and thunder has stopped, so has the flashing Big Boss and Raiden/Sunny/Gray Fox whoever. There's now sun breaking through the clouds. Any and all numbers have stopped flashing, save for one: 8.

It could be 8, but it can also be the Chinese/Japanese character for day, that is "hi," for those who speak Japanese. It can also mean light.

What does this mean? We'll find out in 9 hours

Anyway, check it out!

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ineedaname

9 hours?! That's rather soon, odds on to another count down timer that ends tomorrow?

OhdK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OhdK

Whatever wins fans

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

God damn Kojima and his god damn countdowns. I know everyone feels the same!     :P

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Otacon

If another countdown starts I'll lose it!

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MakoTitan

Okay, we need to have a poll here...Who thinks its another countdown? And who thinks this is it? :) It really could be either or at this point. It already doesn't align with Microsoft's press conference, because that starts at 10:00 LA time, so its a 5 hour difference. Its too early for Sony's, and I don't remember when Konami's is...BLAH!!!

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By KingBroly

It's a countdown to a secret press conference...in which they reveal another countdown timer.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MachoFantastico

I'm pretty sure we'll hear something tomorrow. I wonder what is with the sudden weather change, it's to easy to point towards the whole 'sunny weather' = Sunny is cyborg ninja thing. That seems way to cheap for Kojima, he usually offers much smarter puzzles.

Caelasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Caelasma

Does anyone else notice the mask in the lower right hand corner that used to just be Kojima's Fox symbol? and the fact that you can click on it? Given it just takes you to a flash based picture of a mask with a little bit of sound. But I'm sure that's quite important. In some way/shape/form.

edit: You only go to the mask page when you click on the mask. Clicking on Kojima's Symbol still takes you to Kojima's main page.
Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Kiemoe

Okay, everyone, I'm going to spoil it for everyone. I've been working with Kojima since he finished MGS4 and the truth is he's going to reveal his greatest work: A countdown timer. It's going to be the most advanced countdown timer ever, running in 1080p and using all six cell processers, only available on Sony's Playstation 3 TM

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mordukai

I am sure we will know after the Konami conference. 

Caelasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Caelasma
@Kiemoe: Shit yeah. I love me some countdown timers. Especially in 1080P. Those numbers will be so crisp. I'm assuming everything else, the storm and mask and everything, are just to mislead us into thinking that he intends to make a game, but instead he's just counting down time. Is there a point to this countdown timer? Like till Kojima destroys the world, or is it individualized so that it counts down to the individual PS3 owner's death or something? I'm pretty sure Kojima would have this information
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Drebin_893
Kiemoe said:
Okay, everyone, I'm going to spoil it for everyone. I've been working with Kojima since he finished MGS4 and the ... [more]

How long will the mandatory install be? Does the 360 have the power to run this?
samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By samcotts
Kiemoe said:
Okay, everyone, I'm going to spoil it for everyone. I've been working with Kojima since he finished MGS4 and the ... [more]
I hope it comes to the DS, my 13 clocks can only go foward.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TwoOneFive

this has been posted 3 times. 

i think i'm the only one who put it in the right thread. 
Caelasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Caelasma

Don't think that is the kanji for day. It looks much more like an 8, since it doesn't continue down past the bottom line. 

Spiritof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 27

#17  Edited By Spiritof

If this ends up being the 'MGS4 is coming to 360' announcement I'm going to be very, VERY disappointed.

solidsnake360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By solidsnake360

And sometimes the bottom of the 8 disappears and it kind of looks like an A

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Honestly, I have no care anymore.   Whatever is announced is announced.

Caelasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Caelasma
@SpiritOf: It won't be. I'm quite confident. I also don't think it's MGS4: S either. It reminds me alot of Shadow of Colossus or Ico, to be honest. Wishful thinking I'm sure, and Kojima uses alot of cryptic symbolism so probably not, but it would make sense for SCEJ to team up with Kojima for the next installment in that series. It would make it less of a cult following and more mainstream since it has Kojima's name on it, and I'm sure the third game would have an entirely different gameplay style than the first two, but be as simplistic. Wishful thinking, I know, but I would adore that union.

edit: Justttttttt kidding. Project trico has been announced. Super psyched again. Doubly psyched. New kojima and new Project Ico game.
fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#21  Edited By fillmoejoe

Boktai!

No Caption Provided
Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Kiemoe
samcotts said:
Kiemoe said: Okay, everyone, I'm going to spoil it for everyone. I've been working with Kojima since he finished MGS4 ... [more]
Kojima's cornered the market, it's only him and every cell phone in existance.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By End_Boss

At this point, if another countdown is revealed, I will have zero interest in whatever announcement is made. This was a circus to begin with, but now it's gotten completely out of hand. I think Kojima's lost me on this one.