#1 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3778 posts) -

When Life Gives You Lemons

JOHNSTOWN, Pa.—Ten-year-old Anthony Sanders wanted to buy a PlayStation 4 when the console launches later this year, and set out to fund that purchase through the quintessential childhood enterprise: a lemonade stand. Then an older boy with robbed him with that quintessential childhood weapon: The BB gun.

To his credit, Anthony was back out selling again the next day and, no, he didn't lose everything he'd made. ..

As for the perp, he was tracked down thanks to other neighborhood kids and is expected to be prosecuted in juvenile court. Witnesses said the alleged robber brandished the BB gun and threatened to shoot Anthony if he didn't hand over the money. The two wrestled over the money box, which the older boy took, and fled after trashing the stand. Police say he only made off with $30.

Kotaku: Kid Saving for PS4 is Robbed at His Lemonade Stand—by a BB Gun

$30 is a fucking waste to go to juvie jail over! That's barely like a tiny PSN download game right there. Buy a couple of themes cuz fuck it.

And well, there's a couple more Police Blotter stories they have in that link. That 2nd one is alright. Eh.

But hey, have any of you ever done the Lemonade Stand bit, before? Bought some Pokemon cards or something?

#3 Posted by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -

God dammit Kotatsu !

#4 Edited by subyman (668 posts) -

My first response was a laugh. Will he be tried by a jury of his peers in juvenile court? lol

#5 Posted by Levio (1786 posts) -

Give that kid the death penalty. He'll just get worse as he gets older.

#6 Posted by DarthOrange (3893 posts) -

Well it was armed robbery.

#7 Edited by Irvandus (2881 posts) -

Kotaku is my favorite terrible website now.

#8 Edited by mosespippy (4441 posts) -

Kid should need a street vendors licence to sell drinks on the street. He should have permits for food safety reasons. What if he serves ecoli to some tourist? He doesn't have insurance to cover that. He'd be so fucked. Way more fucked than some kid stealing $30.

#9 Posted by AlexGlass (688 posts) -

That's messed up. Sony should give this kid a free PS4.

#10 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3808 posts) -

I'm seriously thinking this shit was a hoax in-order to get a free ps4. What a better way to make publicity and get a ps4 for free, have some 10 year old get robbed for saving up for that device. Also think this isn't bad for Sony as well, get some free PR by giving the kid one.

#11 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

骨? 忽? 乞? 惚? You have to be more specific.

#12 Posted by Andorski (5365 posts) -

@alexglass said:

I'm seriously thinking this shit was a hoax in-order to get a free ps4. What a better way to make publicity and get a ps4 for free, have some 10 year old get robbed for saving up for that device. Also think this isn't bad for Sony as well, get some free PR by giving the kid one.

Having one kid get arrested and put into juvenile hall so another kid gets a free PS4? What kid would agree to that?!

#13 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

A lemonade stand? Awww... so adorable. I want to pitch in for this kid's PS4.

Anyway yes I did do a lemonade stand a few times, when my family would do a garage/yard sale. I never managed to get more than 10 bucks out of it though.

#14 Posted by Hunter5024 (5962 posts) -

He made 30 bucks off of Lemonade? Wow.

#15 Posted by TyCobb (1973 posts) -
#16 Posted by DonutFever (3536 posts) -

They should make a Saints Row IV DLC where it turns out The Boss is the older kid.

#17 Edited by EVO (3941 posts) -

Why are people calling it Kotatsu all of a sudden?

#18 Posted by EVO (3941 posts) -

Why are people calling it Kotatsu all of a sudden?

#19 Edited by GreggD (4515 posts) -

Can you please stop saying Kotsu?

#20 Posted by LeYcH (216 posts) -

@greggd said:

You said it yourself, hah!

but seriously 30$ of lemonade is pretty impressive, maybe I should join in as well.

#21 Posted by GreggD (4515 posts) -

@leych said:

@greggd said:

You said it yourself, hah!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

#22 Edited by VagrantChrisX (23 posts) -

I tried doing a lemonade stand the other day, but some dude came up to me and asked me why a 30 year old fat guy is selling lemonades.....I packed up and left, my heart was broken by that comment.

#23 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3808 posts) -

@andorski said:

@i_stay_puft said:

@alexglass said:

Having one kid get arrested and put into juvenile hall so another kid gets a free PS4? What kid would agree to that?!

How about if he to also get a ps4 and a vita for getting arrested.

#24 Edited by Andorski (5365 posts) -

@andorski said:

@i_stay_puft said:

@alexglass said:

How about if he to also get a ps4 and a vita for getting arrested.

Throw in an Xbox One and that might be an okay deal.

#25 Posted by Dalai (7070 posts) -

They're really hurting for stories at Kohatsoup.

#26 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5985 posts) -

I think something like this happened on an episode of Leave it to Beaver. The kid certainly wasn't taken to fucking court though. Slap him on the wrist or something, but not prosecution.

#27 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3778 posts) -

@vagrantchrisx: Oh my God.. That's the saddest story I've ever heard..

#28 Edited by falserelic (5407 posts) -

I guess they can blame it on GTA.....