Lack of content in the "Coming up on Giant Bomb" section

razatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does it bother anyone else that there doesn't seem to be much content in the box these days? Looking at it today, all I can see is Bombin' the A.M. and Unprofessional Fridays. Why doesn't it show any Quick Looks?

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Superkenon

Considering the breadth of stuff that they've been putting out recently, I can't say I'm bothered. (I'm still catching up on stuff!)

Besides, it's fairly normal for that box to be on the vacant side early in the week. Near as I can tell, it seems like Monday/Tuesday are often for planning/filming/podcast-recording, and then the schedule gets filled out after that.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am pretty sure the entire staff has been abducted and forced to compete in a series of battles to the death.

Podcast should be up later though.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Bombin' the A.M. and Unprofessional Fridays are always put in there because they know exactly when they'll happen, and they just kind of fill in whatever they have whenever they feel like it. It's not new, they've always been incredibly inconsistent about when they put out content and if they even bother to put it in the upcoming box. Not how I like it, but that's how things are.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5 FinalDasa  Moderator

Wasn't there a 4+ hour Destiny stream most of yesterday from both Brad and Jeff?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

They were just at PAX, let them catch their breath a bit.

They've been pumpin content out all summer long. They're good for it.

dvdwalker8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExyGQige8Mg&list=UUJuXmaHOPVweElJSIsidWkQ

Here's the 4 Hour Destiny Stream from yesterday. Was really surprised not too see a Quick Look of it up by 11:00 am central time.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Every time there's nothing in the upcoming box, and there hasn't been any new content for a few hours, assume Giant Bomb just got bought out and they're about to do a stream from Dave's where everybody has pancakes.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@finaldasa: Yeah but most people couldn't watch that and it was unarchived.

Jeff promised a Quick Look too?

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#10 FinalDasa  Moderator

@bollard: It's still on Twitch and that was available to watch on the site. That's something.

I'd imagine there will be a QL and review some time this week. Not to mention the podcast this week.

More than likely Destiny filled all of yesterday and today will be the QL recording day.

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

One good thing about the lack of the content the last couple of weeks is it gives me some time to finally catch up from the last month or so!

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Normally there would be at least 1 Quick look on a Monday or Tuesday afternoon (GMT) The coming up section hasn't worked for me since PAX anyway, it just said "Recent Premium Content" for all of last week.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By splodge

@razatron said:

Does it bother anyone else that there doesn't seem to be much content in the box these days? Looking at it today, all I can see is Bombin' the A.M. and Unprofessional Fridays. Why doesn't it show any Quick Looks?

Something I would recommend during slow periods is dropping 5 bucks on a month long sub. You can watch all the backlog of craziness.

Miacosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, do not get me wrong I love the site but its been a little disappointing lately and its causing me to consider dropping premium. It has been bothering me a lot lately and as a premium member i kind of expect more especially with 3 offices going now. Sometimes it seems like there are more trailers up then actual content and if you are not into a certain featured content item there is nothing for you on the site.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a72087901fb1
deactivated-5a72087901fb1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that an unofficial GB YT channel? I was disappointed to log on on Monday to find out there was no bombing the AM because there was a destiny stream, but no destiny stream to watch because I didn't catch it live. I looked on the twitch archive and it wasn't there either?

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Flappy

They didn't think anyone would notice because everyone is busy playing Destiny.

Think about it...

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give them some time, they have to adjust to their new office.

kid_gloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ianh83 said:

Is that an unofficial GB YT channel? I was disappointed to log on on Monday to find out there was no bombing the AM because there was a destiny stream, but no destiny stream to watch because I didn't catch it live. I looked on the twitch archive and it wasn't there either?

The streams weren't on the GB twitch channel, they were on Brad and Jeff's personal ones. That YT account collects unarchived streams from Twitch, Justin.tv, UStream etc. It also has some related to GB content from friends of the site.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bigsocrates  Online

Vinny is likely on paternity leave, which also slows things down.

But yeah they're probably all playing Destiny so they can have things to say about it.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this meets the quota of "WHY ISN'T THERE MORE CONTENT?!" threads for the week.

R_Coles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@splodge: That's not a bad idea. I had a premium account when they were doing the Endurance Run of Deadly Premonition. The daily content was awesome and hilarious. If they do something like that in the future I would def consider a month sub to binge watch.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By splodge

@r_coles said:

@splodge: That's not a bad idea. I had a premium account when they were doing the Endurance Run of Deadly Premonition. The daily content was awesome and hilarious. If they do something like that in the future I would def consider a month sub to binge watch.

Have you seen any of the random PC game stuff? There is an awful lot dude. Or the bioforge episoides? Theres dozens thats an exaggeration, but at least a dozen hours in those two alone, easily worth five bucks! You could literally just download all the subscriber content to your pc so you have it. That's what I did when I was in college and had no cash.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ArtisanBreads

By "these days" you mean literally the last three days or so, sure.

Relax. They've been good with it lately.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Nope, because it's all part of the normal fluctuation of content that goes up and down. I don't view it as abnormal at all. We don't need to panic when it's empty for a few days.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

@splodge said:

I am pretty sure the entire staff has been abducted and forced to compete in a series of battles to the death.

Podcast should be up later though.

AWESOME!

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They just got back from PAX and release season is ramping up I think we'll be ok.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Lack of content? There's been nothing but tons of content in the last 2 months.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Past couple weeks, that would usually get updated the day before. Nothing in there, all of a sudden there's 3 things coming tomorrow.

And, oh hell, now I have a dozen hours to catch up on over the weekend all of a sudden.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I still need to catch up on the most recent Metal Gear Scanlon and Demo Derby. Also Destiny. They're probably playing Destiny.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Yeah. Only one game worth playing coming out right now and they aren't ready to talk about it.

razatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps I should have been clearer. I'm not complaining about the lack of content on the site. I'm just complaining about the coming up section. Maybe it's not possible to do, but I would prefer to see a schedule of what is ahead in the week to come.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

@miacosa: What is this third office you speak of?

1. Giant Bomb San Francisco

2. Giant Bomb New York

3. ....?

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys don't you love reading these same topics just about every few weeks.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!! (...again)

Griffinmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@miacosa: What is this third office you speak of?

1. Giant Bomb San Francisco

2. Giant Bomb New York

3. ....?

I sure you can think of the third one, come on! /cheers

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They're still getting used to their new office

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't help that Vinny has been understandably gone for a few weeks and likely will be for awhile. It was nice having Patrick and Alex/Vinny contributing more, but at the moment we've returned to the San Francisco office producing basically all of the content again. It's not terrible, but things have certainly been a little sparse for the last week and a half or so.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Situations like the last week are precisely why I sort of groan whenever it's suggested they do some sort of "Giant Bomb world tour!" "Giant Bomb travels the country!" sort of thing; this is what you get when they go to events. It's an unfortunate side-effect of having a big operation with such much production and so much overhead. If they were doing stuff like this on a frequent basis their traditional content would get wrecked.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Corvak

The third office is Patrick's apartment.

Also I believe things only show up there once they are completed and entered into the content system. Vinny, Drew and Jason have to work their movie magic first.

We just had a five hour Destiny livestream and a Quick Look, and they rushed that through pretty darn quick, which meant less time for the rest of the week's content, which will probably come out without a huge lead time on the schedule as a result.

jstaunton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why people moan about this stuff.

I'm a year subscriber, and I'm happy with the site's output.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The last two weeks were understandable with Pax and a public holiday smack bang in the middle, making it hard to produce the more regular content both the week before and after Pax. I'm a little disappointed that we don't seem to be getting much content this week, though. Hopefully it picks up before the week is over, though there's probably not a whole lot to look at. Hatoful Boyfriend, NHL 15 and Metro Redux (from a couple of weeks ago)? A couple of Metal Gear Scanlons would be awesome.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@miacosa said:

Yes, do not get me wrong I love the site but its been a little disappointing lately and its causing me to consider dropping premium. It has been bothering me a lot lately and as a premium member i kind of expect more especially with 3 offices going now. Sometimes it seems like there are more trailers up then actual content and if you are not into a certain featured content item there is nothing for you on the site.

This is one of the reasons I'm not renewing. I just don't feel like there is enough premium content to make it worthwhile. Some of the stuff is comedy gold, but there is so much other media available to me already that none of it is necessary.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I imagine things will pick up again if/when Vinny returns to work. The main reason there was so much content for awhile there was because Alex and Vinny were pushing out a fair number of Quick Looks to go along with what San Francisco was producing. Of course he is now out taking care of baby/house stuff, so that dried up quickly. These are the kinds of times it would be nice to see Patrick doing daily streams of some kind again, but that also seems to be a thing of the past.

This has always sort of been the thing with Giant Bomb, especially since they moved to CBSi. Feast or famine when it comes to content.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that we are just going to ignore the ton of content they put up a few weeks ago.

SJQPersonal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jstaunton: Because a lot of new fans are entitled children from Youtube.