This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Bratcher_Lev (269 posts) -

Something I've noticed in the past week or so: a significant drop off of content on the website. It wasn't that long ago that there was 3-4 QL's a day. I know content goes down during events like E3 and PAX, but to my knowledge nothing is going on right now, right? Tho only thing I can think of is they are taking it easy until the big consoles drop. Either that (or "that and") they are still recovering from the charity marathon. I am not trying to complain (I still have several hours of For the Kids to watch, no worries) I was just wondering if I missed something.

#2 Edited by spraynardtatum (2604 posts) -

bullshit!

#3 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3741 posts) -

You missed something. They've been doing travel. They went to an Xbox event, which was embargoed and a bit hush, and they just traveled to NY to get PS4s.

Today they were doing streams on their own testing out some of the PS4 stuff. I'm sure they are working on reviews and getting to know the hardware.

#4 Posted by wjb (1637 posts) -

There will probably be a day long stream on Friday, and another one for Xbox One next week.

#5 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#6 Posted by shivermetimbers (763 posts) -

There's not enough content, except for 48 hours worth of streaming, interviews, Scoops and the Wolf, Quick Looks, and so on. I want to trade all that in for 3-4 quick looks a day.

#7 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

I see it's time for this thread again.

#8 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

I basically stopped watching QLs except for a few games, they still do plenty of streams and after the EL 49 hour marathon, I'm willing to give them a break, still need to watch the damn thing.

#9 Posted by Bratcher_Lev (269 posts) -

Fair enough. I've been out of the loop for a couple weeks and it just seemed different. I see why. Thanks for the "constructive" criticism, folks, ha.

#10 Posted by bigjeffrey (4774 posts) -

PS4 shit coming son

#11 Posted by TheHT (10876 posts) -

thread about lack of content: ✓

see you all next, next week.

#12 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Well a few days ago they gave us 48 hours of content. I understand the complaints about scarcity of content sometimes, but considering the huge live stream (and the fact they've been busy going to next gen console events) this is not one of those times to complain about "lack of content".

#13 Edited by TheHT (10876 posts) -
@bratcher_lev said:

Fair enough. I've been out of the loop for a couple weeks and it just seemed different. I see why. Thanks for the "constructive" criticism, folks, ha.

here: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/extra-life/

edit: oh you know about that already. in my defense, no one should be expected to actually read lack of content threads.

#14 Posted by bigjeffrey (4774 posts) -

Windjammers!!!

#15 Posted by Milkman (16524 posts) -

They're still adjusting to the new consoles.

#16 Edited by ShaggE (6327 posts) -

With Brad leavi-... ah, fuck it.

#17 Edited by shivermetimbers (763 posts) -

In all due respect, Quick Looks happen when games come out. It's November, a month generally reserved for Call of Duty, and releases are few. Once the Xbox One launches, we will see more coverage.

#18 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3741 posts) -

@bigjeffrey said:

@bratcher_lev said:

Windjammers!!!

The PS4 stream should just fade in on the screen of them playing Windjammers.

@milkman said:

10/10

#20 Edited by BisonHero (6160 posts) -

I made pretty much this topic just recently, except in a less inflammatory manner:

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/quick-looks-1460052/

Also, while Quick Looks were a little light last week, you're full of shit, 3-4 QLs a day has never been common. At best, maybe they put up 3-4 really short QLs on a Friday, after a week of them posting very little content and realizing "Oh shit, we barely put up any Quick Looks this week, did we? Let's just crank out a few real fast."

#21 Posted by Aegon (5398 posts) -
#22 Posted by Bratcher_Lev (269 posts) -

You guys are right. While I usually only have time to check out a few QLs and the occasional Unprofessional Friday, I do see that there's a bunch of other kinds of content, whether they are from Patrick or elsewhere. I meant to ask if there's something I wasn't aware of but it came in the form of complaining. I've been here since 2009 and have always appreciated what the guys do and keep subscribed for that reason. If it weren't so late I probably would have thought it through before starting a forum post that I'm sure is posted in one way or another over and over. But as it were, it's posted and here we are.

#23 Posted by TheHT (10876 posts) -
#24 Edited by spraynardtatum (2604 posts) -
#25 Posted by GnomeonFire (696 posts) -

There's been a ton of content lately, sometimes I forget to keep up. My favorites are Load Your Last Souls and Pathfinder right now.

#26 Posted by Mcfart (1548 posts) -

Not many games cuz new consoles maybe?

Nah that can't be it!

#27 Edited by Tom_Scherschel (120 posts) -

I feel like this type of thread pops up every 3-4 months. Usually when either no games have come out recently or before/during/after events like, say, a PS4 launch event in New York that took half the staff out of the office. Sit tight.

#28 Posted by CrazyBagMan (836 posts) -

Weird that things might be a bit slower so close to new consoles...

#29 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3741 posts) -

From Jeff's tumblr:

thebrassthief asked:

So I just watched your PlayStation 4 unboxing video for shits and I don't think I've seen you look more disgusted at something that you've had to do. I admit I haven't checked Giant Bomb for a while, and shame on me, but...you don't look like you're having fun there and even I feel sorry.

Jeff:

Uh… OK. Thanks, I think?

-----

I laugh every time I read it. Even he feels sorry!

#30 Posted by PandaBear (1301 posts) -

Three or four Quick Looks A DAY? When? Back in the 80s maybe.

#31 Edited by ajamafalous (11846 posts) -

@milkman said:

god i fucking lol'd

#32 Posted by EveretteScott (1449 posts) -

@breadfan said:

I see it's time for this thread again.

Every time. Every time. WHERES MY COURT MANDATED DAILY CONTENT OF 100% MY INTERESTS

#33 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

They just moved, give it a few weeks, CBSi execs getting in the way of their equipment.

#34 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Brad is leaving to work on Brothers 2.

#35 Posted by Akyho (1585 posts) -

@sooty said:

They just moved, give it a few weeks, CBSi execs getting in the way of their equipment.

The latter part is an ever constant truth after the E3 equipment being stolen and only being allowed a certain amount of budget.

#36 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

so ... many ... subscriber ... videos ... o.o

So glad new consoles are here

#37 Posted by Danteveli (1160 posts) -

This one has to be a joke or really new user. Recent 49 hours livestream plus all the stuf coming with PS4 and Xbone Pathfinders Dark Souls stuff is opposite of lack of content.

#38 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

There has been a massive amount of content recently.

#39 Posted by Stonyman65 (2591 posts) -

Things are going to be a bit slow until (both of) the new consoles are out. Remember, we're really only going to be seeing launch games for a while, so things are probably going to be a bit slow until Q1 or Q2 2014 when new games are really coming out and we've got some serious stuff to play around with.

That is assuming that something major doesn't happen between now and then that causes the internet to explode.

#40 Edited by Cramsy (1163 posts) -

@meowshi said:

so ... many ... subscriber ... videos ... o.o

So glad new consoles are here

it's totally worth it man

#41 Edited by Abendlaender (2759 posts) -
#42 Posted by Chaser324 (6324 posts) -

Locking it down.