• 62 results
#1 Edited by Jeffsekai (7034 posts) -

With the GOW2 reviews out on the interwebs the trolls and fanboys have come out of the wood work and are down rating/tolling like they never have before...

Just look at http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42156.html , it seems every other comment is someone bashing Gears because some people think it/ the xbox 360 is better than Resistance/Sony  ....pretty sad if you ask me. Not to mention that reviews 7.9 user score makes me very sad :(

BUT NOT HERE :D

I read all the comments for GOW2 review and there isn't one " RESISTANCE 2 WILL BE BETTER WTF" and that makes me happy

Just spreading the love <3

caption
#2 Edited by banned8921 (1246 posts) -

Theres plenty of valve/steam fanboys. I find them the most annoying. I havent noticed and sony or microsoft fanboys yet.

#3 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

Don't ever use that fucking smiley here again.

#4 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
Levio91 said:
"Theres plenty of valve/steam fanboys."
I am personally a Levio fanboy.

P.S. Being a Valve/Steam fanboy is the best kind of fanboyism. Why? Because they make the best games.
#5 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

There are quite a few, but they aren't extremely prominent. Which is good. Enjoy it while it lasts, once Giant Bomb grows there will be more fanboys.

#6 Edited by pause422 (6190 posts) -
Levio91 said:
"Theres plenty of valve/steam fanboys. I find them the most annoying."
You never make a bit of sense.....
#7 Posted by Jeffsekai (7034 posts) -
Karmum said:
"There are quite a few, but they aren't extremely prominent. Which is good. Enjoy it while it lasts, once Giant Bomb grows there will be more fanboys."
yupp :(
#8 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

I secretly want Sony to succeed, but the only platform I go around praising is PC. So I guess that makes me some sort of semi-hybrid fanboy?

#9 Posted by breton (1437 posts) -

No, because we have Gears fanboys here. And from Levio's neg rating, apparently Valve/Steam fanboys too.

#10 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
breton said:
"No, because we have Gears fanboys here. And from Levio's neg rating, apparently Valve/Steam fanboys too."
I'll attest that I gave him a negative. Then again, Levio gets negatives just for eating dinner.
#11 Posted by MB (12525 posts) -
Demilich said:
"Don't ever use that fucking smiley here again."

Haha!  :)
#12 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

there are many fanboys on this site...its just hard to see them with all the cuss words and fud thats posted regardless.

#13 Posted by pause422 (6190 posts) -

The fanboys on the site are the ones that go around (-) post whenever you don't agree with them ,and they are almost always microsoft fanboys. The ones that if you say the simplest negative thing about their game, or gripe you have with it, no matter how tiny, its a huge deal and they get their possey to come spam negative ratings all over the forum, and try to make it sound like they are right.

Also Levio gets negative for saying stupid things, not because of people being 'valve fanboys', he never makes any sense.

#14 Posted by Drebin_893 (2918 posts) -

RESISTANCE 2 WILL BE BETTER WTF!

I'm only joshing, I think this site draws a more intelligent crowd that decide not to associate themselves with pointless favouritism.

#15 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

yes that's what makes me love this site. :D

#16 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

That might be because there's a relatively small amount of users here.  Pretty soon there'll be a lot more people and a lot more fanboys.

#17 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

There are definitely fanboys but it is not like anything as bad as the horrible GameTrailers forums.  Yikes, glad we haven't stooped anywhere that low.

#18 Posted by Peewi (410 posts) -

This site also sees less overall activity than other gaming sites/forums and with less overall users, there'll be less stupid people.

#19 Edited by roofy (1005 posts) -

i think because we nipped the fanboys at the bud when the forums were activated.
the atmosphere here is that we love games and were happy that we get to play with others regardless of the system.

#20 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
roofy said:
"i think because we nipped the fanboys at the bud when the forums were activated.
the atmosphere here is that we love games and were happy that we get to play with others regardless of the system."
And then there's Keano. Other than that, it's a pretty clean slate for fanboys.
#21 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

m glad theres only few fanboys cause it makes it better. but i can see in little over a year there being alot of them.

#22 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1735 posts) -

What are you talking about, this place is filled with fanboys...

But they're all giantbomb-fanboys.

#23 Posted by Player1 (3871 posts) -

I really think the majority of the people here were sick of fanboys. So they came here for something new.

Thank god. Its awesome. 
#24 Posted by Win (541 posts) -

That is probably what I love most about the forums here. The less like System Wars this place is, the better.

#25 Edited by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
VilhelmNielsen said:
"What are you talking about, this place is filled with fanboys...

But they're all giantbomb-fanboys."
No, we're just called Giant-Bombers, or Giant-Bombermen.
#26 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

It just goes to show you how awesome you guys are.  Much props.  ^__^

#27 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -

We may not have fanboys but we have certain people who troll the OP for fuck all, which is ridiculous.

#28 Posted by TheJollyRajah (1576 posts) -

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a fanboy, but not because I'm ignorant. I own all three consoles and I find that one of them offers more for me, that's all. I'm open to try any game no matter who made it or what console it belongs to. And I don't put down anyone for their taste in games, because everyone is different.

... so maybe I'm not a "true" fanboy.

#29 Posted by KillaMaStA (859 posts) -

Id take some fanboys to fill the empty halls of GB, because the site is really slow right now and some trolling would make these forums more interesting.(As long as they dont become the majority)

#30 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

Good. Let's keep it that way.

#31 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"Levio91 said:
"Theres plenty of valve/steam fanboys."
I am personally a Levio fanboy.

P.S. Being a Valve/Steam fanboy is the best kind of fanboyism. Why? Because they make the best games."
lol. Irony FTL.
#32 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

Wii is dumb.

#33 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2111 posts) -

It's good that there are hardly any fanboys here, it avoids those petty arguments.

#34 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

I think we do have fanboys here on GiantBomb. But 90% of them are respectful to other systems and games. That's what makes it so great here.

So yes - sometimes you really don't know you're born until you look at Eurogamer and Gametrailers.

#35 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
DualReaver said:
"Wii is dumb."
You is dumb.
#36 Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -
Drebin_893 said:
"I'm only joshing"
Hey now.  I take offense to that.
Vinchenzo said:
"breton said:
"No, because we have Gears fanboys here. And from Levio's neg rating, apparently Valve/Steam fanboys too."
I'll attest that I gave him a negative. Then again, Levio gets negatives just for eating dinner."
FTW post of the week.
#37 Posted by Gamer_152 (14081 posts) -

I've seen a number of sites taken by fanboys, I mean Gamespot is swarming with jerks and fanboys these days and months ago I thought it was only a matter of time before the fanboys hit this site and yet Giant Bomb has remained a stronghold of fortitude, free from the horrible plague of fanboyism.

Moderator Online
#38 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
"DualReaver said:
"Wii is dumb."
You is dumb."
ur just mad that i m currently preferring the superior system
#39 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

The Wii seems to be the only system here with any real fanboy army behind it.

#40 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"The Wii seems to be the only system here with any real fanboy army behind it."
All the arm waving action gets their blood pressure up.
#41 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

The worst kind of fanboy is a Mount & Blade fanboy...

#42 Posted by TheDrifter (253 posts) -
Demilich said:
"Don't ever use that fucking smiley here again."
It's teh pwnage
#43 Posted by Dalai (7034 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"The Wii seems to be the only system here with any real fanboy army behind it."
Maybe it's because there's a lot of Wii bashing around here and the fanboys need to defend their system.
#44 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Well GB didn't review Resistance 2 yet, so there is nothing to be a fanboy about.

#45 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
Kush said:
"The worst kind of fanboy is a Mount & Blade fanboy..."
Luckily we only have one on Giant Bomb, and his comments are hidden by default.
#46 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

GiantBomb has fanboys just like every other site related to gaming and gaming culture has. The difference is we don't have a specific board for system wars and things like that for them to all bitch at each other and generally show their darker sides. That and the type of fanboys we have here aren't really the dangerous or horrid type. From a moderators perspective i don't often see many complaints made about someone going over the top with their fanboyism. And rarely do we ever have to step in and tell a user "ok, you crossed a line there with that comment or topic" and take action against them.

As CK said, props to the community here for just being cool to each other and respecting this place!

#47 Posted by Jeffsekai (7034 posts) -
Hamz said:
"GiantBomb has fanboys just like every other site related to gaming and gaming culture has. The difference is we don't have a specific board for system wars and things like that for them to all bitch at each other and generally show their darker sides. That and the type of fanboys we have here aren't really the dangerous or horrid type. From a moderators perspective i don't often see many complaints made about someone going over the top with their fanboyism. And rarely do we ever have to step in and tell a user "ok, you crossed a line there with that comment or topic" and take action against them.

As CK said, props to the community here for just being cool to each other and respecting this place!"
:)
#48 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
Levio91 said:
"Theres plenty of valve/steam fanboys. I find them the most annoying. I havent noticed and sony or microsoft fanboys yet."
Damn Steam fanboys. Playing their crappy games like Half-Life 2 and Mount & Blade.
#49 Edited by banned8921 (1246 posts) -
LordAndrew said:
"Levio91 said:
"Theres plenty of valve/steam fanboys. I find them the most annoying. I havent noticed and sony or microsoft fanboys yet."
Damn Steam fanboys. Playing their crappy games like Half-Life 2 and Mount & Blade."
Oh my god what a coincidence lol. you can still get it 5 dollars cheaper at newegg.
#50 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -
Levio91 said:
What the hell is wrong with Valve?