• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Rirse (251 posts) -

What with the lack of quick looks in the past week and half. I know the summer been slow on new games, but there still holdovers they yet to do (Orcs Must Die 2) or even recently released titles (Ratchet and Clank Collection) they yet to do. So far in this past week it just been PAX recordings from last Thursday and the usual fluff trailers.

#2 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

They just came out of PAX and labor day. Give them a break.

#3 Posted by ShaggE (5987 posts) -

@Rirse said:

it just been PAX recordings

Now let's think about why that is, and how it correlates to a lack of Quick Looks.

#4 Posted by ModernAlkemie (356 posts) -

Also a lot of their time (especially the video production crews') is probably being spent preparing for the Big Live Live Show: Live.

#5 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3667 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

@Rirse said:

it just been PAX recordings

Now let's think about why that is, and how it correlates to a lack of Quick Looks.

Also the big live live show is upon us.

#6 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@ModernAlkemie said:

Also a lot of their time (especially the video production crews') is probably being spent preparing for the Big Live Live Show: Live.

Show me "preparing for the Big Live Live Show: Live" ! 
Ding ding ding ding ding
#7 Posted by rjayb89 (7713 posts) -

They're getting ready to release a new website, but I heard there have been some manufacturing problems so Giant Bomb 2 might be pushed back a little bit.

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Rirse said:

What with the lack of quick looks in the past week and half. I know the summer been slow on new games, but there still holdovers they yet to do (Orcs Must Die 2) or even recently released titles (Ratchet and Clank Collection) they yet to do. So far in this past week it just been PAX recordings from last Thursday and the usual fluff trailers.

Pax then labor day. Also not much has come out. Settle down. 
#9 Posted by Cheesebob (1212 posts) -

I still want a quick look of Neverdead

#10 Edited by Animasta (14460 posts) -

why didn't you complain in the SA thread first don't we mean anything to you :(

also you know OMD2 has joined tactics ogre and neverdead in quicklook limbo

#11 Posted by Dany (7886 posts) -

What games are out?

#12 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

I've noticed a slower stream of content for a while now. I wonder if it's just growing pains related to the Gamespot move. Hope things get back to normal eventually.

#13 Posted by FinalDasa (1253 posts) -
#14 Posted by tourgen (4238 posts) -

lack of games anyone cares about? I'd rather they not burn themselves out doing quicklooks and whatnot for crap games.

#15 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Lack of games, busy schedule with traveling, the looming Big Live Live Show: LIVE!, and the launching of their new website. I'm gonna go ahead and cut them some slack.

#16 Posted by RazielCuts (2711 posts) -

Live Quick Look of Neverdead in the Big Live Live Show, I'm calling it! Would be hilarious.

#17 Posted by LiquidSwords (2739 posts) -

Oh look, another Killr0y

#18 Posted by Rirse (251 posts) -

That is true about PAX, Labor Day, and Big LIve Show being back to back is slowing the site down with the already low amount of new games, but I wish they just put up at least one or two new QLs. The only reason I posted this was the rest of the week timeframe got posted and all that is left is a Premium Event (which will be neat) and Patrick's weekly article after tonight. I would just be happy with Ratchet and Clank and Orcs Must Die 2 QLs and the rest of the week being the way it is.

#19 Posted by Castiel (2422 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

They just came out of PAX and labor day. Give them a break.

This and you can close the thread now.

#20 Posted by Rirse (251 posts) -

That said, what is expected for the Big Live Show, with Tested and Anime Vice (lol) gone and them never interacting with the Gamespot and Comicvine guys. Hoping for more Doublefine/Haromix this year.

#21 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

@tourgen said:

lack of games anyone cares about? I'd rather they not burn themselves out doing quicklooks and whatnot for crap games.

I dunno, I think Orcs Must Die 2 and episode three of The Walking Dead are deserving of some coverage.

#22 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

@RazielCuts said:

Live Quick Look of Neverdead in the Big Live Live Show, I'm calling it! Would be hilarious.

oh man they have to do this

#23 Posted by mak_wikus (475 posts) -

@TheUnsavedHero said:

Lack of games, busy schedule with traveling, the looming Big Live Live Show: LIVE!, and the launching of their new website. I'm gonna go ahead and cut them some slack.

#24 Posted by Zacagawea (1569 posts) -

@Fjordson said:

@tourgen said:

I dunno, I think Orcs Must Die 2 and episode three of The Walking Dead are deserving of some coverage.

They said that they aren't going to Quick Look each episode of The Walking Dead. The gameplay remains the same between episodes and the episodes are short anyway.

#25 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -

Usually I'm not that guy but ZERO quick looks this week? Really?

#26 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

When is the excuse ever not preparing for something?

#27 Posted by The_Patriarch (274 posts) -

Fact: If you look through the quick look pages in the video section, there have been more quick looks so far this year, than in the same timeframe (january-august) last year.

#28 Posted by Rirse (251 posts) -

@Zacagawea said:

@Fjordson said:

@tourgen said:

They said that they aren't going to Quick Look each episode of The Walking Dead. The gameplay remains the same between episodes and the episodes are short anyway.

Yeah I have to agree, it's very hard to do a QL for this episode without spoiling Episode 1 and 2.

#29 Posted by mutha3 (4980 posts) -
@TheUnsavedHero said:

I know its unintentional, but this post is almost a parody of the long laundry list of excuses for the lack of video content this past year, haha.
#30 Posted by OldGuy (1431 posts) -
@The_Patriarch said:

Fact: If you look through the quick look pages in the video section, there have been more quick looks so far this year, than in the same timeframe (january-august) last year.

Heyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyhey! Don't come in here with your "facts"...
#31 Posted by mutha3 (4980 posts) -
@The_Patriarch said:

Yeah, first half of last year sucked pretty hard. I remember lots of threads popping up about how terrible it was, then the GB guys said "we hear you, we're totally gonna fix things! " And they did for, like, 5 months.
#32 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

New Office brah.

#33 Posted by The_Patriarch (274 posts) -

@OldGuy: I know, they are SUCH a bummer.

@mutha3: 2010 must have sucked too then, since we also had more quick looks in the first 8 months of this year, than in the first 8 months of 2010.

#34 Edited by mutha3 (4980 posts) -
@The_Patriarch said:

@mutha3: 2010 must have sucked too then, since we also had more quick looks in the first 8 months of this year, than in the first 8 months of 2010.

2010 had 2 concurrent Endurance Runs, Wutang and they were still doing random office videos. So no.

2012 has a bunch of QL's, with an uncomfortable number of them being QL:EX, and nothing else.
#35 Posted by The_Patriarch (274 posts) -

@mutha3: This thread, and many, many other threads, have complained specifically over the lack of quick looks though.

#36 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

@mutha3 said:

@The_Patriarch said:

2010 had 2 concurrent Endurance Runs, Wutang and they were still doing random office videos. So no. 2012 has a bunch of QL's, with an uncomfortable number of them being QL:EX, and nothing else.

uncomfortable number? you make it sound like every 4-5th quick look is an EX or something. there's been a little more than usual, sure, but not that many.

#37 Posted by mutha3 (4980 posts) -
@The_Patriarch said:

@mutha3: This thread

What with the lack of quick looks in the past week and half. I know the summer been slow on new games, but there still holdovers they yet to do (Orcs Must Die 2) or even recently released titles (Ratchet and Clank Collection) they yet to do. So far in this past week it just been PAX recordings from last Thursday and the usual fluff trailers

#38 Posted by PillClinton (3284 posts) -

What, another one of these? Seriously dude? I really don't see it. I really just don't.

#39 Posted by The_Patriarch (274 posts) -

@mutha3: Sounds like a complaint about lack of quick looks to me, and those lulls often happen around events and holidays.

#40 Posted by ToTheNines (501 posts) -

I'm more concerned with the lack of quality subscriber stuff, since I'm paying for that. However I do have faith in the guys that they'll throw something up soon.

#41 Posted by Clonedzero (3725 posts) -

@Fjordson said:

@tourgen said:

well, i havent played any of the walking dead games, but to my understanding, showing stuff from episode three would be pretty big spoilers for people who havent played the others yes?

#42 Edited by Yummylee (20582 posts) -

Y'know, I agree that GB content tends to be slim pickings across the weeks sometimes (though I'm still more concerned about the lack of variety; even when there's a week full of QLs, it's still a week only full of QLs), but Oh My God, must there be yet another one of these threads?? I feel like there's been 3 or 4 over the past couple of months and every time the next one pops up, it's just like the discussion in the previous thread only now it's starting right at the beginning again. Which pretty much disregards all of the discussion that's already happened.

EDIT: Holy shit, no quick looks at all this week? It never even dawned on me until just now.

#43 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Yummylee said:

Y'know, I agree that GB content tends to be slim pickings across the weeks sometimes (though I'm still more concerned about the lack of variety; even when there's a week full of QLs, it's still a week only full of QLs), but Oh My God, must there be yet another one of these threads?? I feel like there's been 3 or 4 over the past couple of months and every time the next one pops up, it's just like the discussion in the previous thread only now it's starting right at the beginning again. Which pretty much disregards all of the discussion that's already happened.

EDIT: Holy shit, no quick looks at all this week? It never even dawned on me until just now.

Scratch that last edit: 
War is over folks, pack your bags and go on home. There will be a "few" Quick Looks coming up this week.
When the time comes I will sit down, have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.   

#44 Posted by Dezztroy (733 posts) -

Borderlands 2? Goddamnit GB, why must you make the wait even harder :(

#45 Posted by LiquidSwords (2739 posts) -

GB Community Logic: Lack of content = The GB crew not spewing GB memes so you guys could run to the ground in the forums and chat.

Seriously, I hope each and everyone of you can go collectively eat a dick! Change your pizza stained shirt and go outside.

#46 Posted by The_Nubster (1951 posts) -

@ZeForgotten: And be satisfied with this site? You heathen.

#47 Posted by iAmJohn (6091 posts) -

@Cheesebob said:

No you don't. It's just bad. Not even funny bad, just eyeroll-inducing, boring as shit bad.

In other news, Jesus fucking Christ this thread again?!

#48 Posted by The_Nubster (1951 posts) -

@LiquidSwords said:

GB Community Logic: Lack of content = The GB crew not spewing GB memes so you guys could run to the ground in the forums and chat.

Seriously, I hope each and everyone of you can go collectively eat a dick! Change your pizza stained shirt and go outside.

I dunno, Ryan ate a lot of Dick's and he fucked his leg up real bad. I don't wanna risk it.

#49 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@Cheesebob said:

No you don't. It's just bad. Not even funny bad, just eyeroll-inducing, boring as shit bad

BUT HOW WILL WE KNOW

#50 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1295 posts) -

Just go play some video games.