Lack of Quick Looks

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rirse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Rirse

What with the lack of quick looks in the past week and half. I know the summer been slow on new games, but there still holdovers they yet to do (Orcs Must Die 2) or even recently released titles (Ratchet and Clank Collection) they yet to do. So far in this past week it just been PAX recordings from last Thursday and the usual fluff trailers.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Phatmac

They just came out of PAX and labor day. Give them a break.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ShaggE

@Rirse said:

it just been PAX recordings

Now let's think about why that is, and how it correlates to a lack of Quick Looks.

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ModernAlkemie

Also a lot of their time (especially the video production crews') is probably being spent preparing for the Big Live Live Show: Live.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By hockeymask27

@ShaggE said:

@Rirse said:

it just been PAX recordings

Now let's think about why that is, and how it correlates to a lack of Quick Looks.

Also the big live live show is upon us.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zeforgotten
@ModernAlkemie said:

Also a lot of their time (especially the video production crews') is probably being spent preparing for the Big Live Live Show: Live.

Show me "preparing for the Big Live Live Show: Live" ! 
Ding ding ding ding ding
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By rjayb89

They're getting ready to release a new website, but I heard there have been some manufacturing problems so Giant Bomb 2 might be pushed back a little bit.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Rirse said:

What with the lack of quick looks in the past week and half. I know the summer been slow on new games, but there still holdovers they yet to do (Orcs Must Die 2) or even recently released titles (Ratchet and Clank Collection) they yet to do. So far in this past week it just been PAX recordings from last Thursday and the usual fluff trailers.

Pax then labor day. Also not much has come out. Settle down. 
cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cheesebob

I still want a quick look of Neverdead

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Animasta

why didn't you complain in the SA thread first don't we mean anything to you :(

also you know OMD2 has joined tactics ogre and neverdead in quicklook limbo

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Dany

What games are out?

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By fjordson

I've noticed a slower stream of content for a while now. I wonder if it's just growing pains related to the Gamespot move. Hope things get back to normal eventually.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator
tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By tourgen

lack of games anyone cares about? I'd rather they not burn themselves out doing quicklooks and whatnot for crap games.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Lack of games, busy schedule with traveling, the looming Big Live Live Show: LIVE!, and the launching of their new website. I'm gonna go ahead and cut them some slack.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RazielCuts

Live Quick Look of Neverdead in the Big Live Live Show, I'm calling it! Would be hilarious.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LiquidSwords

Oh look, another Killr0y

Rirse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rirse

That is true about PAX, Labor Day, and Big LIve Show being back to back is slowing the site down with the already low amount of new games, but I wish they just put up at least one or two new QLs. The only reason I posted this was the rest of the week timeframe got posted and all that is left is a Premium Event (which will be neat) and Patrick's weekly article after tonight. I would just be happy with Ratchet and Clank and Orcs Must Die 2 QLs and the rest of the week being the way it is.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By Castiel

@Phatmac said:

They just came out of PAX and labor day. Give them a break.

This and you can close the thread now.

Rirse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rirse

That said, what is expected for the Big Live Show, with Tested and Anime Vice (lol) gone and them never interacting with the Gamespot and Comicvine guys. Hoping for more Doublefine/Haromix this year.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By fjordson

@tourgen said:

lack of games anyone cares about? I'd rather they not burn themselves out doing quicklooks and whatnot for crap games.

I dunno, I think Orcs Must Die 2 and episode three of The Walking Dead are deserving of some coverage.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Animasta

@RazielCuts said:

Live Quick Look of Neverdead in the Big Live Live Show, I'm calling it! Would be hilarious.

oh man they have to do this

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By mak_wikus

@TheUnsavedHero said:

Lack of games, busy schedule with traveling, the looming Big Live Live Show: LIVE!, and the launching of their new website. I'm gonna go ahead and cut them some slack.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Fjordson said:

@tourgen said:

I dunno, I think Orcs Must Die 2 and episode three of The Walking Dead are deserving of some coverage.

They said that they aren't going to Quick Look each episode of The Walking Dead. The gameplay remains the same between episodes and the episodes are short anyway.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Milkman

Usually I'm not that guy but ZERO quick looks this week? Really?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By Dagbiker

When is the excuse ever not preparing for something?

The_Patriarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Patriarch

Fact: If you look through the quick look pages in the video section, there have been more quick looks so far this year, than in the same timeframe (january-august) last year.

Rirse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rirse

@Zacagawea said:

@Fjordson said:

@tourgen said:

They said that they aren't going to Quick Look each episode of The Walking Dead. The gameplay remains the same between episodes and the episodes are short anyway.

Yeah I have to agree, it's very hard to do a QL for this episode without spoiling Episode 1 and 2.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mutha3
@TheUnsavedHero said:

I know its unintentional, but this post is almost a parody of the long laundry list of excuses for the lack of video content this past year, haha.
OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By OldGuy
@The_Patriarch said:

Fact: If you look through the quick look pages in the video section, there have been more quick looks so far this year, than in the same timeframe (january-august) last year.

Heyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyhey! Don't come in here with your "facts"...
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mutha3
@The_Patriarch said:

Yeah, first half of last year sucked pretty hard. I remember lots of threads popping up about how terrible it was, then the GB guys said "we hear you, we're totally gonna fix things! " And they did for, like, 5 months.
laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By laserbolts

New Office brah.

The_Patriarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Patriarch

@OldGuy: I know, they are SUCH a bummer.

@mutha3: 2010 must have sucked too then, since we also had more quick looks in the first 8 months of this year, than in the first 8 months of 2010.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mutha3
@The_Patriarch said:

@mutha3: 2010 must have sucked too then, since we also had more quick looks in the first 8 months of this year, than in the first 8 months of 2010.

2010 had 2 concurrent Endurance Runs, Wutang and they were still doing random office videos. So no.

2012 has a bunch of QL's, with an uncomfortable number of them being QL:EX, and nothing else.
The_Patriarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Patriarch

@mutha3: This thread, and many, many other threads, have complained specifically over the lack of quick looks though.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Animasta

@mutha3 said:

@The_Patriarch said:

2010 had 2 concurrent Endurance Runs, Wutang and they were still doing random office videos. So no. 2012 has a bunch of QL's, with an uncomfortable number of them being QL:EX, and nothing else.

uncomfortable number? you make it sound like every 4-5th quick look is an EX or something. there's been a little more than usual, sure, but not that many.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mutha3
@The_Patriarch said:

@mutha3: This thread

What with the lack of quick looks in the past week and half. I know the summer been slow on new games, but there still holdovers they yet to do (Orcs Must Die 2) or even recently released titles (Ratchet and Clank Collection) they yet to do. So far in this past week it just been PAX recordings from last Thursday and the usual fluff trailers

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PillClinton

What, another one of these? Seriously dude? I really don't see it. I really just don't.

The_Patriarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Patriarch

@mutha3: Sounds like a complaint about lack of quick looks to me, and those lulls often happen around events and holidays.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more concerned with the lack of quality subscriber stuff, since I'm paying for that. However I do have faith in the guys that they'll throw something up soon.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Clonedzero

@Fjordson said:

@tourgen said:

well, i havent played any of the walking dead games, but to my understanding, showing stuff from episode three would be pretty big spoilers for people who havent played the others yes?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#42  Edited By Yummylee

Y'know, I agree that GB content tends to be slim pickings across the weeks sometimes (though I'm still more concerned about the lack of variety; even when there's a week full of QLs, it's still a week only full of QLs), but Oh My God, must there be yet another one of these threads?? I feel like there's been 3 or 4 over the past couple of months and every time the next one pops up, it's just like the discussion in the previous thread only now it's starting right at the beginning again. Which pretty much disregards all of the discussion that's already happened.

EDIT: Holy shit, no quick looks at all this week? It never even dawned on me until just now.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By zeforgotten
@Yummylee said:

Y'know, I agree that GB content tends to be slim pickings across the weeks sometimes (though I'm still more concerned about the lack of variety; even when there's a week full of QLs, it's still a week only full of QLs), but Oh My God, must there be yet another one of these threads?? I feel like there's been 3 or 4 over the past couple of months and every time the next one pops up, it's just like the discussion in the previous thread only now it's starting right at the beginning again. Which pretty much disregards all of the discussion that's already happened.

EDIT: Holy shit, no quick looks at all this week? It never even dawned on me until just now.

Scratch that last edit: 
War is over folks, pack your bags and go on home. There will be a "few" Quick Looks coming up this week.
When the time comes I will sit down, have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.   

No Caption Provided
Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dezztroy

Borderlands 2? Goddamnit GB, why must you make the wait even harder :(

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LiquidSwords

GB Community Logic: Lack of content = The GB crew not spewing GB memes so you guys could run to the ground in the forums and chat.

Seriously, I hope each and everyone of you can go collectively eat a dick! Change your pizza stained shirt and go outside.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46  Edited By The_Nubster

@ZeForgotten: And be satisfied with this site? You heathen.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By iamjohn

@Cheesebob said:

No you don't. It's just bad. Not even funny bad, just eyeroll-inducing, boring as shit bad.

In other news, Jesus fucking Christ this thread again?!

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48  Edited By The_Nubster

@LiquidSwords said:

GB Community Logic: Lack of content = The GB crew not spewing GB memes so you guys could run to the ground in the forums and chat.

Seriously, I hope each and everyone of you can go collectively eat a dick! Change your pizza stained shirt and go outside.

I dunno, Ryan ate a lot of Dick's and he fucked his leg up real bad. I don't wanna risk it.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Animasta

@iAmJohn said:

@Cheesebob said:

No you don't. It's just bad. Not even funny bad, just eyeroll-inducing, boring as shit bad

BUT HOW WILL WE KNOW

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ghost_cat

Just go play some video games.