Avatar image for voigtboydefunct
voigtboydefunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By voigtboydefunct

I just wanted to let you all know that I usually really enjoy listening to all of your videos. Lately though, I've heard one too many Jesus C**'s. I can look past a cuss word here and there but that is really hard for me to look past. I will try again in a few months perhaps.

Thanks,

-jv

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Really?

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

Erm. Okay?

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By coaxmetal

heh

42manZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By 42manZ

Is that really still a curse word? Are people still offended by the use of that?

hussatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hussatron

I'm pretty sure you'll hear the same in a few months, or at least I hope so.

Avatar image for voigtboydefunct
voigtboydefunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By voigtboydefunct

@42manZ said:

Is that really still a curse word? Are people still offended by the use of that?

Never said it was a curse word. IMO it is a lot worse. Just voicing my opinion is all.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus
@42manZ@voigtboy: Blasphemy! 

Literally, though. Taking the Lords name in vain is blasphemy, and is probably just as offensive to Christians as that other "F-word" is to homosexuals. 
dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dungbootle

Well, all I can say is that they are just words and the guys don't mean anything by them. You will definitely not see any change if you choose to leave and come back, though. Being able to say what they want, without censoring themselves, has always been important to them.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CaLe

Are you religious or something?

stonepawfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By stonepawfox

@TooWalrus: yes, obviously taking the name of a 2000 year old religious figure in vain is just as bad as personally insulting a currently living homosexual with a word used to make them feel as though they are subhuman

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By TyCobb

@voigtboy said:

@42manZ said:

Never said it was a curse word. IMO it is a lot worse. Just voicing my opinion is all.

Jesus fucking Christ. Your opinion is noted.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pezen

Jesus Fucking Christ, how do you pronounce "C**"? Cstarstar?

stonepawfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By stonepawfox

@Pezen said:

I believe he means Jesus Cunt, the name of my new punk band

42manZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 42manZ

@voigtboy said:

@42manZ said:

Taking Jesus's name may be a sin in your eyes, but you should consider that it's their sin to commit. It may be to you worse than a curse word, but many people don't see it that way. The crew is probably not going to stop saying it, so you should consider just not letting it bother you. Would you feel as offended if they used the f-word (not fuck) or the n-word (not nugget). I guess what I mean is, do you hate that they don't control their language or do you hate that they use a phrase that offends you personally?

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AlexanderSheen

They should say "you know who", like the kids in the Harry Potter movies when they talk about Vold- "you know who".

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Justin258

Cue tons of asshole posters saying "Christ, who the fuck cares"?

I don't like censorship of anything, so even if I were offended by something as trivial as a one-off word, I wouldn't ask them to quit using it in the media that they are creating.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By shivermetimbers

@voigtboy said:

@42manZ said:

Christ means anointed one and refers to the messiah. It doesn't refer to Jesus' name, it's simply a title that Christians call him. Just shouting "JESUS CHRIST" is not taking the Lord's name in vain. By that logic using the word "Goddamn" is taking the Lord's name in vain.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By toowalrus
@stonepawfox: I never said that. It's all relative. Christians (in theory), believe that the Lords name is sacred, and that using His name in vain is kind of a big deal. It's not my opinion, it's what they're (supposed to) believe. 

I guess I should have said in my first post that I'm not really including myself in that group, I don't really get offended by anything these guys say (or anything in general, really).
Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ravenlight

I came in to make an Innocence of Muslims joke but can't find a good way to tie it into the thread. IGNORE ME!

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By coaxmetal

@stonepawfox said:

@Pezen said:

I believe he means Jesus Cunt, the name of my new punk band

lmk when your next single drops

shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By shivermetimbers

@TooWalrus said:

@stonepawfox: I never said that. It's all relative. Christians (in theory), believe that the Lords name is sacred, and that using His name in vein is kind of a big deal. It's not my opinion, it's what they're (supposed to) believe. I guess I should have said in my first post that I'm not really including myself in that group, I don't really get offended by anything these guys say (or anything in general, really).

As I said in a post in page 1, it's not using the Lord's name in vain if you simply shout "Jesus Christ!"

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Justin258

@shivermetimbers said:

@TooWalrus said:

@stonepawfox: I never said that. It's all relative. Christians (in theory), believe that the Lords name is sacred, and that using His name in vein is kind of a big deal. It's not my opinion, it's what they're (supposed to) believe. I guess I should have said in my first post that I'm not really including myself in that group, I don't really get offended by anything these guys say (or anything in general, really).

As I said in a post in page 1, it's not using the Lord's name in vein if you simply shout "Jesus Christ!"

Vain. With an A.

Sorry.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jking47

Getting offended by someone saying jesus christ in today's world is ridiculous. And no, its not like the other F-word, that is worse. Personally I think its just a word, but I understand why some people are sensitive about it.. No one, christian or otherwise, is getting their ass kicked while people shout jesus christ at them.

shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By shivermetimbers

@believer258 said:

@shivermetimbers said:

@TooWalrus said:

As I said in a post in page 1, it's not using the Lord's name in vein if you simply shout "Jesus Christ!"

Vain. With an A.

Sorry.

Ah, thanks. Edited it.

Alexandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Alexandru

go burn some witch

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By toowalrus
@believer258: Weird, I always actually thought it was the other way around. Thanks.

@shivermetimbers: Exclaiming "Jesus Christ!" or "Goddamn!" is absolutely using the Lord's name in vain, or so I was taught at the Church I went to every week until I was 18. If you're interested in the doctrine as to why (which you're probably not, and really, neither am I at this point), you can probably google it for a source. 

Really, what this all boils down to for me is: "Don't like Bombcast? Don't eat!"
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By shivermetimbers

@TooWalrus said:

@shivermetimbers: Exclaiming "Jesus Christ!" or "Goddamn!" is absolutely using the Lord's name in vain, or so I was taught at the Church I went to every week until I was 18. If you're interested in the doctrine as to why (which you're probably not, and really, neither am I at this point), you can probably google it for a source.
"

I'm sure they're many arguments on both sides. I'm an atheist born and raised, so my beliefs may be different than yours. I'm sure many Christians would agree with you. The Bible is an ambiguous text that can be construed in different ways, which is why we have so many denominations of Christianity.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By JoeyRavn

Sure it's preachy in here. This won't end well. My suggestion is to stop consuming media that somehow offends you and to lock this thread.

There, my job is done.

42manZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By 42manZ

@TooWalrus said:

@believer258: Weird, I always actually thought it was the other way around. Thanks.

Really, what this all boils down to for me is: "Don't like Bombcast? Don't eat!"

I'm pretty sure it's first brought up in Exodus as one of the (many) laws passed down from God to Moses. That or Leviticus, Numbers, or Deuteronomy. There are a TON of laws that are declared during that section of the Bible. That entire segment is extremely long. Any way, if you want to get technical it's both a Jewish and Christian thing, as far as not using God's name in vain. The christians extended that to Christ, obviously. I could be wrong about this, we skipped over large portions of those 4 chapters in my Literature of the Bible course, I just remember it being there (around the time that Moses is given the 10 commandments).

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By psylah
VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By VoshiNova

@voigtboy: Word, foul language has never shaken me, but I too have noticed one too many jc's getting dropped. They are generally pretty considerate, and I hope they consider an alternative.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheHumanDove

Why will you check in a few months?

edit: On the plus side, at least you stayed long enough to advertise your game. lawl

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cheesebob

Jesus Christ on a bicycle!

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Oh no, not your delicate sensibilities!

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By iamjohn

Man, some people are bothered by the tiniest things.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By rollingzeppelin

I still don't understand why people allow an incredibly old and outdated book to govern every aspect of their lives. Oh well, their loss.