#1 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
#2 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2106 posts) -

What?  How does that even happen?  They are so small.

#3 Posted by lotusamurai (43 posts) -

FIRST... oh wait

#4 Edited by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

Emmm yes? Tell me your secrets?

#5 Posted by TurboMan (7540 posts) -

this is dumb... just wait till it's on GiantBomb.

#6 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Giant Bomb is big time now. Other sites are leaking their shizz.

#7 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Didn't Giantbomb have the video up before? Was it taken down or something?

#8 Posted by angelfan91 (892 posts) -

I thought something was weird.  I started watching this on GB a few days ago.  I didn't finish it.  I came back and it was missing from the site. 

#9 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

The video was up, but it was taken down.

#10 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -

I have no idea I was watching the stream thats going on and some one leaked it in the comments, I didn't watch the whole thing cause I probably well when it comes out up here. I just thought it was really weird, like really weird? 

Like seriously how did that happen

#11 Edited by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@Atomasist: Oh i see still I never saw it up here 

Edit: wait didn't they say it was going up this week on  the i love mondays. I think they have a mole in the giantbomb offices
#12 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

I don't understand. I watched that on this site like a week ago :/

#13 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

it's because the embargo was not up yet, I believe.

#14 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -

Yeah that video was right here on GB but was taken down shortly after it went up. Dunno why, I think there was a thread about it.

#15 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Yea, it just looks like they've embedded it, so a leak would be a very stupid thing.

#16 Edited by jakob187 (21670 posts) -
@Meteora said:

" Didn't Giantbomb have the video up before? Was it taken down or something? "

They had the Quick Look up for a few days, but I'm assuming that they were told to take it down.  I really don't know why, as Ryan has shining comments about the game in general, and the Quick Look itself sold that game to me.  I'm spending my money this week on it SOLELY because of the Quick Look, and frankly, I think Eidos could use as much positive press as fucking possible, right? 

Then again...there is that whole history of Eidos and a specific member of the GB crew...
#17 Posted by FateOfNever (1839 posts) -

Yeah, I already watched that here on Giant Bomb.  Didn't even know it got taken down.

#18 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" this is dumb... just wait till it's on GiantBomb. "
Me too. I was going to post that I'm probably weird for doing so but I have at least one like-minded compatriot.
#19 Posted by Icemael (6320 posts) -

I remember the video going up, and then when I'd finished watching it and went to the front page, it was gone. I figured it was because of technical issues, but I guess it was just embargoed. 

Game looked neat. Made me wish I'd saved those 1200 MS points I spent on Limbo.

#20 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" @Meteora said:
They had the Quick Look up for a few days, but I'm assuming that they were told to take it down.  I really don't know why, as Ryan has shining comments about the game in general, and the Quick Look itself sold that game to me.  I'm spending my money this week, and frankly, I think Eidos could use as much positive press as fucking possible, right?  Then again...there is that whole history of Eidos and a specific member of the GB crew... "
Ryan just said something on the live stream about them showing parts of the game that they weren't allowed to. Lame reason, people need to see the game to know if they want it. He also said he would work on the PR people and see if he could get it up sometime soon.
#21 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" @Meteora said:
They had the Quick Look up for a few days, but I'm assuming that they were told to take it down.  I really don't know why, as Ryan has shining comments about the game in general, and the Quick Look itself sold that game to me.  I'm spending my money this week, and frankly, I think Eidos could use as much positive press as fucking possible, right?  Then again...there is that whole history of Eidos and a specific member of the GB crew... "
it's not even Eidos anymore, it's square-enix, and unless you are talking about how they gave FF13 a 3 out of 5..., I really doubt that it's the reason.
#22 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" @Meteora said:

They had the Quick Look up for a few days, but I'm assuming that they were told to take it down.  I really don't know why, as Ryan has shining comments about the game in general, and the Quick Look itself sold that game to me.  I'm spending my money this week on it SOLELY because of the Quick Look, and frankly, I think Eidos could use as much positive press as fucking possible, right?  Then again...there is that whole history of Eidos and a specific member of the GB crew... "
Ahhhh I think I know what you're talking about.
#23 Posted by MisterMouse (3553 posts) -

yeah a bit ago i saw that on the site, and I went to go look for it and it was no longer up...

#24 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

"What do you mean it shows up in search before going up?"

#25 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

Bootleg!

#26 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

Yeah I saw them put it up and said to myself "I'll watch it later"...I didn't get to watch it :(

#27 Posted by Yummylee (21629 posts) -

Matt Rorie sounds so tired..or stoned...during this QL.

#28 Posted by HT101 (1156 posts) -
@sagesebas: Giant Bomb had it up for a while on Friday I think but then it was taken down pretty quick.  I didn't watch it but I will definitely watch it when it is posted.
#29 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@jakob187: wait what reason???
#30 Edited by jakob187 (21670 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:

" @jakob187 said:

" @Meteora said:

Ryan just said something on the live stream about them showing parts of the game that they weren't allowed to. Lame reason, people need to see the game to know if they want it. He also said he would work on the PR people and see if he could get it up sometime soon. "
Maybe the new Giant Bomb slogan on the front page should be: 

Giant Bomb:  Irking Eidos' Tit Since 2007...Supposedly
#31 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -

WOw this is getting pretty heady

#32 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:

" @jakob187 said:

" @Meteora said:

Ryan just said something on the live stream about them showing parts of the game that they weren't allowed to. Lame reason, people need to see the game to know if they want it. He also said he would work on the PR people and see if he could get it up sometime soon. "
Maybe the new Giant Bomb slogan on the front page should be:  Giant Bomb:  Irking Eidos' Tit Since 2007...Supposedly "
Eidos isn't a company anymore; it's Square-Enix Europe.
#33 Posted by ajamafalous (11993 posts) -
@buzz_killington said:
" "What do you mean it shows up in search before going up?" "
Lol'd. 

Yeah, I watched it last week when it was up on GB.
#34 Posted by Jeffsekai (7032 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" @buzz_killington said:
Lol'd.   Yeah, I watched it last week when it was up on GB. "
Me too.
#35 Posted by endless_void (706 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @ajamafalous said:
" @buzz_killington said:
Lol'd.   Yeah, I watched it last week when it was up on GB. "
Me too. "
Ditto. It was a good quick look though so I'm kindve happy its still somewhere on the internet.
#36 Posted by Webby (720 posts) -

It is still hosted on Giant Bomb though 
http://media.giantbomb.com/video/vf_laracroft_guardianoflight_ql_700.flv  
 Guess they didn't see the point in re uploading it.

#37 Edited by jakob187 (21670 posts) -
@Laketown said:

" @jakob187 said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

" @jakob187 said:

" @Meteora said:

Maybe the new Giant Bomb slogan on the front page should be:  Giant Bomb:  Irking Eidos' Tit Since 2007...Supposedly "
Eidos isn't a company anymore; it's Square-Enix Europe. "
I'm looking at the Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light box art right now, and it clearly has an Eidos logo.  I'm aware of the new naming for what was formerly considered Eidos.  Regardless, this is an Eidos game.  Therefore, my previous commentary continues to hold relevance. 

Look, the point that I really want to get across is this:  the Quick Look was good, and it showed me a game that I really want to play.  I'll definitely be buying it when it drops on XBLA.  I think it's stupid that Eidos would seriously say "hey, there was stuff in there that you weren't supposed to show, we need you to take it down" when they could've easily read the comments section and seen the relatively universal round of "dood, this game looks great, gonna pick this up when it comes out". 

I understand the world of embargoes and NDAs.  Been there, done that.  Nonetheless, I would think that something getting positive reception would get the thumbs up from someone that wants to make money.  =  /
#38 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -

If there were parts of the game they weren't allowed to show, then it's just an embargo.  No Kane & Lynch-esque controversy.  It's in Giant Bomb's best interest to hold to embargoes whenever possible, and it's probably best for Eidos (or whoever owns them) to be consistent in enforcing them.

#39 Posted by bonbolapti (1612 posts) -

man, embedding video is so weird :D