League of Legends: The Community Needs Healed.

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59fbb1d83780e
deactivated-59fbb1d83780e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By TruthTellah

@ryokishine: My point is, even if you perceive it that way, it isn't reality. You have been speaking in a condescending manner whether you think you have or not. You poisoned the well from the beginning, and your unwillingness to listen continues to make this more about your flawed tone than the subject you apparently care about.

You may be different from other people, but it doesn't mean you don't know how to treat them courteously. If someone doesn't give you the same courtesy, you can just ignore them and focus on someone else. But this petty back and forth just makes you look full of yourself. LoL doesn't need more people who are full of themselves. It needs more people who have some humility, are willing to actually listen, and display some courtesy toward others.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Example1013

being the strictly negative person that I am, I'm going to say that you should probably figure out what's fucking up with your linking and get it solved.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Think about how snappy and quick-to-judge these people have to be in an objective-based, team-game like League of Legends. If one person says one wrong thing, guess what happens? The rest of the match is spent bitching at each other having a "pissing-match" in chat.

- - - - - - - - -

That's why we need to change the Tribunal system. It all starts there. If it's a more reactive system and people can see exactly what they did wrong right after a match (immediately), instead of days, maybe even weeks later in an e-mail (a retroactive system)... It's going to be better than what it is now. That's all I'm trying to say.

Reactive system where a community is deemed to be quick-to-judge does not seem at all beneficial, quick punishments to people who may not deserve them is a tad bit unfair. And with your proposed suggestion, can be unfairly biased if voted on during the match. A more reactive system allows for more "innocent" players to be punished by allowing quicker judgments. The Tribunal may not be the most efficient way, but the community feels it is effective enough while still being fair. Again minor tweaks here and there.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By mrpandaman

@truthtellah said:

@ryokishine: My point is, even if you perceive it that way, it isn't reality. You have been speaking in a condescending manner whether you think you have or not. You poisoned the well from the beginning, and your unwillingness to listen continues to make this more about your flawed tone than the subject you apparently care about.

You may be different from other people, but it doesn't mean you don't know how to treat them courteously. If someone doesn't give you the same courtesy, you can just ignore them and focus on someone else. But this petty back and forth just makes you look full of yourself. LoL doesn't need more people who are full of themselves. It needs more people who have some humility, are willing to actually listen, and display some courtesy toward others.

This

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posted by mrpandaman - July 20, 2013 at 5:20 PM

@ryokishine said:

Think about how snappy and quick-to-judge these people have to be in an objective-based, team-game like League of Legends. If one person says one wrong thing, guess what happens? The rest of the match is spent bitching at each other having a "pissing-match" in chat.

- - - - - - - - -

That's why we need to change the Tribunal system. It all starts there. If it's a more reactive system and people can see exactly what they did wrong right after a match (immediately), instead of days, maybe even weeks later in an e-mail (a retroactive system)... It's going to be better than what it is now. That's all I'm trying to say.

"Reactive system where a community is deemed to be quick-to-judge does not seem at all beneficial, quick punishments to people who may not deserve them is a tad bit unfair. And with your proposed suggestion, can be unfairly biased if voted on during the match. A more reactive system allows for more "innocent" players to be punished by allowing quicker judgments. The Tribunal may not be the most efficient way, but the community feels it is effective enough while still being fair. Again minor tweaks here and there."

@mrpandaman: The system is being abused by these same players who are quick to judge. They will queue up with a premade team and then gang-report a teammate that they dislike and get that case sent to the Tribunal system. Depending on how much of a "pissing match" took place in the game, Tribunal might punish that player and it might not. After reading my entire post from the other forum, it is noted that I am combating this in a few ways:

1.) Leaving the old, retroactive system in place. This allows there to be a filter on the new, reactive system.

2a.) The other players involved in the match that just took place will also be able to see the Entire ChatLog and vote on whether they think the reports that went out for a game were legitimate or not. If there is not a majority, then the case never reaches the retroactive system that is currently in place now.

2b.) If there is a tie, the case could be sent to the retroactive system as part of the tie-breaker or simply discarded. I haven't really figured this part out yet.

Edited by mrpandaman - July 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM

@truthtellah said:

@ryokishine:My point is, even if you perceive it that way, it isn't reality. You have been speaking in a condescending manner whether you think you have or not. You poisoned the well from the beginning, and your unwillingness to listen continues to make this more about your flawed tone than the subject you apparently care about.

This

@truthtellah,@mrpandaman:

I've really tried to display some sort of courteous behavior towards the people who responded to this blog, especially if they followed the instructions and gave constructive feedback, even if it wasn't approving feedback. You two are great examples of people who have disapproved of my ideas and how I presented them and have had a completely civil experience with me. It's here for everyone to see, it can be done. When I have 10 people attacking my ideas and not backing up their statements, I grow impatient. It's natural and I need to work on it. I'll try to do better in the future.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anwar: I actually can't program. That's why I applied as to the Community Development Team. I don't need to program if I can simply direct people who can on what we need to implement. I could always learn to program if they'd like me to! I think that would be very fun! Thanks for the feedback :P

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

@canteu said:

MY E-PEEN IS HUUUUUUUUUGE

Dude, I just watched Drew land a helicopter. His e-peen is considerably bigger than any of ours.

Oh my. I do declare this tantalizing discourse regarding the fair and virile gentleman that is Drew Scanlon has set my cheeks ablaze and my heart aflutter!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrpandaman said:

@ryokishine said:

@slag: Very insightful. But, you've missed a crucial detail. These are forums and blogs. I'm a fellow consumer, just like the rest of these people. I'm not bound by a company policy yet. Neither are these people. I treated them with the respect they deserved, at first. After they decided to make it personal, I gave them a little salt in return. In no way did I insult their intelligence. I politely discouraged the from continuing to post on my blog or, in the other situation, on the thread that I created. As a fellow League of Legends player, I did my best here to be constructive. That's all Riot can ask of me.

In my defense, Riot should realize that it takes a special person to give fellow consumers this much grace... These people should think about grace and what it means. Reflect on it. I've done the best I can as a peer in this blog.

Riot if they needed/wanted to would look at your blogs and forum posts if they considered hiring you; It would be part of a background check of sorts.

The part I italicized, makes you seem like you think you're above everyone.

On to your actually suggestions/argument:

- Your system relies on the honesty of all players involved. Because of this, it allows too much bias for premade teams to abuse the system. It would also allow trollish players/groups to abuse it as well by means of tilting votes.

- The system you ask for is an extra layer that doesn't need to be there. In theory, your idea may be golden (like the No Child Left Behind Act), but in practice won't work or is actually not good at all (like the No Child Left Behind Act). The reason it won't is because not all players care, most players will want to move onto the next game. Those that do simply press the report button.

- If a player has invested into the game and they fear of a permaban due to being reported for bad behavior, then if they do get permabanned they have no one but themselves to blame for losing access to all their paid for items. Knowing a ban could come, they should have reformed their attitude sooner.

I would also like to make note, so that you realize this yourself that in the second page of LoL thread, you say that you are not doing this for selfish reasons, yet that wall of text you have on that page screams I'm being selfish. You're trying to garner community support but you seem like you would take all credit for it without crediting the community.

@mrpandaman: The part you italicized was my attempt to teach the people reading my blog something about a concept that they need to give topic writers. The entire time it's literally been me vs. them. That's a very taxing situation, and I've probably been at this for a little over ~10 hours today? Seriously, cut me some slack. Sometimes people need a little grace. If you think that's condescending, have some compassion on me. I've gotten very little from this crowd, and I'm exhausted.

In response to your comments on my suggestions:

1.) My system does revolve around honesty. That's why it's anti-premade-report-ganging. The team opposite to those premades doesn't have any incentive to lie about whether or not the team reporting their teammate is abusing the system or not. They will literally be asked "Does the enemy team's report and reasoning look legitimate to you?" The answer will be yes/no, and they will be provided with a full chat log including all chat and both teams' team chat, as well as the reasoning (if any was given) that the enemy team decided to report that player so that they can make an informed decision on the spot. The process will literally take less than 2 minutes per game.

2.) The extra layer does need to be there since it gives players who weren't in the game an added sense of utility (examples of how NOT to act in-game, and examples of behavior that is reportable). You're comparing my system to a US act of law. That's totally unnecessary and is a far too complex analogy. Players that simply press the report button aren't going to succeed in the new system because of the extra layer. Getting a legitimate report will be harder to do, but when it's legitimate, it will be crystal clear, and that player is going to feel a material loss more times than simply getting their account perma-banned, so they're more likely to learn from it.

3.) About your note: This is a very unselfish reason. I simply want to make this game better because I enjoy it. That's not a crime. If I'm the one bringing the community together and sacrificing this amount of time, why shouldn't I take some credit? I'm not even being paid right now. Compassion and grace. Give a dog a bone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anwar said:

@ryokishine: So you not only want to be hired, you want a high-ranking job where you can tell others what to do... Wow.

No, I just want some input. Simply being a member of the Riot Corporation would allow me to do that. I don't need to be a department head or anything of that sort. All I have to do is be an amazing employee and I would be able to influence the company that way.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrpandaman: The part you italicized was my attempt to teach the people reading my blog something about a concept that they need to give topic writers. The entire time it's literally been me vs. them. That's a very taxing situation, and I've probably been at this for a little over ~10 hours today? Seriously, cut me some slack. Sometimes people need a little grace. If you think that's condescending, have some compassion on me. I've gotten very little from this crowd, and I'm exhausted.

The thing you lack in noticing is the tone of your writing, it's a very condescending tone. You also lack in ignoring people who aren't responding to the topic and further egg them on by responding to them. While the initial blame is on them, you have to grow thick skin and ignore those comments. You saying that you're trying to teach people, already implies that you think you know better than them. If you knew better, you would have never responded to them in the first place. I can't have compassion for someone who thinks too highly of them self (and I came to that conclusion based on many of your posts).

@anwar: I actually can't program. That's why I applied as to the Community Development Team. I don't need to program if I can simply direct people who can on what we need to implement. I could always learn to program if they'd like me to! I think that would be very fun! Thanks for the feedback :P

If you want to be part of the community team you have to be part of a team. I mean no offense by this, but after reading a lot of your posts and judging you based on all those posts, it is very hard to picture you as part of a team. To be honest, I think it'd be hard to work with you.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

So... Am I getting this right? Someone didn't get the right response on the LoL forums because they thought their ideas would be heralded. Now that person is linking said ideas here in order to attempt to garner a more positive response. However, to their dismay, they have gotten an even less positive or thoroughly non-committal response since LoL isn't as big as it is on... oh, say the fucking LoL forums?

Then, when he gets his responses, he asks everyone to police their thoughts and only say what he wants them to say? While derailing the thread isn't recommended, you can't necessarily stop people because the general feeling is that who cares... Can't say you didn't try!

Well to justify posting here I will stroke your ego and praise your ideas, because it's all you really wanted to feel validated in life. You did a thing! You wrote words on the internet and had opinions! I'm proud of you! have a good day

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

How in the hell is this still alive. Let the guy and his bad ideas stay where they belong, which is in shame at the LoL forums. Not here.

When in the fuck did Giantbomb become the site people go to when they wanna vent because this other site didn't agree with them? At least it's not fucking GAF this time.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobbrobb said:

How in the hell is this still alive. Let the guy and his bad ideas stay where they belong, which is in shame at the LoL forums. Not here.

When in the fuck did Giantbomb become the site people go to when they wanna vent because this other site didn't agree with them? At least it's not fucking GAF this time.

someones mad....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posted by mrpandaman - July 20, 2013 at 9:05 PM

@ryokishine said:

The thing you lack in noticing is the tone of your writing, it's a very condescending tone. You also lack in ignoring people who aren't responding to the topic and further egg them on by responding to them. While the initial blame is on them, you have to grow thick skin and ignore those comments. You saying that you're trying to teach people, already implies that you think you know better than them. If you knew better, you would have never responded to them in the first place. I can't have compassion for someone who thinks too highly of them self (and I came to that conclusion based on many of your posts).

@ryokishine said:

If you want to be part of the community team you have to be part of a team. I mean no offense by this, but after reading a lot of your posts and judging you based on all those posts, it is very hard to picture you as part of a team. To be honest, I think it'd be hard to work with you.

@mrpandaman: My tone of writing is objective, not subjective. If you've not figured that out by now, then I don't know what to tell you. I simply make points to validate or invalidate other people's points about the topic. My brain is different than their brain. I may very well know more than someone else about a topic. I may know less. It depends on the person and the topic. That's common sense.

Like I mentioned before, the way I convey my thoughts and opinions on these forums is a work-in-progress. Your feedback has helped me take a few steps in the right direction. I am a person that would force the team to think. Time wouldn't be wasted. A lot of people join a team because they want to lighten their load. I'm joining a team because I want to utilize the team's collective ability to get tasks done more efficiently. I challenge people in the hopes of them challenging me, as you have.

In 2 pages, this blog has gotten more done in terms of people getting to know me and my ideas than many blogs before it (keep in mind, I think all of you are complete strangers to me). The basic premise I work from is the Socratic Method: "Relentlessly seeking the truth by critically questioning the situation, and critically evaluating the answers to those questions."

This is one of the most efficient ways to conduct blogs and forums, but I think that someone above was right when they said that I can ignore some posts since they are completely negative and not worth responding to since it makes me sound "petty." I think it's easier to ignore "trolls" when you're in a position of authority posting in a more public venue (a Riot employee posting on the Company's forums can choose who he/she wants to respond to because the Community is simply grateful for a response - that is notthe dynamic here. My responses are subject to more criticism than a Riot employee's because they come from only me, not the Company, and they are posted on my blog or my thread. It's on me to defend those thoughts myself. A Riot employee doesn't have those burdens.

Posted by EarlessShrimp - July 21, 2013 at 4:24 AM

So... Am I getting this right? Someone didn't get the right response on the LoL forums because they thought their ideas would be heralded. Now that person is linking said ideas here in order to attempt to garner a more positive response. However, to their dismay, they have gotten an even less positive or thoroughly non-committal response since LoL isn't as big as it is on... oh, say the fucking LoL forums?

Then, when he gets his responses, he asks everyone to police their thoughts and only say what he wants them to say? While derailing the thread isn't recommended, you can't necessarily stop people because the general feeling is that who cares... Can't say you didn't try!

Well to justify posting here I will stroke your ego and praise your ideas, because it's all you really wanted to feel validated in life. You did a thing! You wrote words on the internet and had opinions! I'm proud of you! have a good day

@earlessshrimp: This - this is exactly the point I'm trying to make to mrpandaman. Not only have I written my opinions and expressed them clearly, I've not insulted anyone in doing it. I've asked them to share their opinions and work with me to make Tribunal better (that's not "policing," it's simply telling people to direct their replies to the topic, and not me so that the blog can be as productive as possible). A lot of the posts have been flat-out refusals to do that. It's a sad era we live in, haha. You have a great day too my friend.

Posted by living4theday258 - July 21, 2013 at 7:21 AM

@tobbrobb said:

someones mad....

@tobbrobb:No one is asking you to read any of this - if you're uninterested, you'd not be reading it. It is interesting, so you are reading it. Case-in-point I suppose...

@living4theday258: Thanks for the humor, it's needed, lol

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, the way you conduct yourself on the forums makes it pretty clear you never going to get a community relations job at any developer/publisher.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryokishine: Your suggestions are unrealistic and wouldn't change anything.

Also if you want people to take you seriously try to not start your rant talking about your spiritual awakening.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like an unnecessary extra layer. If you're going to keep the reactive system what's the point in the other system? Honestly, the reason games ARTS games don't punish people for reports immediately after games is because of 1. the effect of stacks / groups of friends gang-reporting a player and 2. people in the specific game who are biased and possibly heated after a tense match full of trolls are going to vote and punish more harshly due to being frustrated. The entire point of the Tribunal is that calm-headed outsiders can vote on punishments on games they weren't involved in. The people who actually take the time to do this are highly likely not to be people who auto-punish for no reason. This is why the Tribunal is actually successful. I used to be active in the Tribunal when I still played LoL and I probably clicked punished less than 50% of the time, and from stats posted earlier it seems false punishments rarely happen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This blog has served its purpose. It is closed. Thanks for reading everyone. I will not be replying to anything after this point.

Edit: Oops. I lied.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No it isn't. See?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

"LoL" indeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thread I made on the topic got locked in under 12 hours. That means the devs are really happy with my ideas. Something's going to change soon, despite the negativity displayed here.

Link to new locked thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=39994281#post39994281

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By TruthTellah

@ryokishine: Your threads repeatedly getting closed is a good thing?

Isn't this just more of an indication that you're failing in your efforts? I know it can be difficult to have some self-reflection sometimes, but in this case, I think it's clear that what you're doing is different from what you think you're doing. You may believe that you're speaking to people in a proper manner, but just because you believe that doesn't make it so. You are actively failing your ideas by them being tied to how you convey them. You may want things to be about your ideas instead of you, but your problems with talking to people are betraying your ideas. You need some self-awareness.

I'm sorry you're having such difficulties, as I can understand it can be frustrating to accept one's personal failings, but in this case, you are doing yourself and everyone no favors by ignoring that you really do have some issues with how you convey your thoughts. Please consider taking some time to think about how you talk to people and see where you might be able to improve yourself to the point where you can possibly convince others of something.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is hilarious

minorinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By minorinya

I'm just going to put this out there - an exact quote from the first forum link OP listed. No, really, read through the entire thing.

4 Weeks Ago

I promise it's legit, I'm using this post as an example of the work I want to do for Riot before I even get on the phone with them. I'm proving I can do the job before I get the job to prepare for my interview. So basically, I'm trying to secure my job position by proving to my future employer that I want my job so badly, that I did it before I got it... for free.
The second I point that member of management to this thread, he's going to want me as an employee. So that's why I wrote this the way I did. Namely, because joining the Riot community is going to give me the chance to meet all the cool people I see when I watch LCS, and it's going to make everyone who plays League of Legends have the best experience that best that it can be, since we're repairing the only bad thing about the game - the common attitude of the community. Since we're repairing the root of the reason people don't enjoy a free game (the community that plays it) what we will actually end up doing is immortalizing this game so that there is never a reason to make a LoL2 (Like the case is with DoTA). We will continue to add champions, never make a new game. How awesome is that?
So if I prove that on my own that all I want to do is make that experience the best it can be for everyone else who loves League of Legends before I even get the job, it secures my position in the company before I even ask for it since it means that I'm going to improve the likelihood that League will be an enjoyable game for more people, since the biggest problem with the League community that detracts people from a free online game is the community itself. So since joining the community department and sharing my thoughts is my only goal, I want to basically make it possible for League of Legends to become a game that never dies. We've all had games like that before, but they were on consoles (i.e. Smash Bros. Melee - HELL YEAH!!! <3).
A Riot employee is Going to read this thread. Then he's going to feature it. All the important information is in the first post because I did this: I applied the Socratic Method to League of Legends - definition... "method of reasoning: a means developed by Socrates of arriving at the truth by continually questioning, obtaining answers, and criticizing the answers." I'm showing them that my attitude about the truth can enable me to love a game so much, and seek the truth so hard, that I can make a positive change like this, with or without being a part of the company, even if every person that replies to my thread with negative feedback does it in a way that assumes I'm not a respectable person from the get-go, even though I gave them no reason not to. So being a part of the company is a benefit to the company because I've already displayed that I have the skills they really want their department heads to have.
This means I am the best employee that Riot can ever hire, because they didn't have to train me and I already understand that just being a part of the company will make everyone the company works for, and everyone in the company, have someone they can turn to who will provide them friendship and advice no matter what. Even if I'm a faithful employee that works hard enough at his job, but has the skills to be a department head - even if I never take that position (and I never will ask for it, or want to take it because of the reasoning that follows) - being a hardworking faithful employee that just does the best he can for his boss will enable my boss to learn things from me and for us to be best friends, ignoring workplace hierarchy and forging friendships that will last us a lifetime.
That's why this thread is so important to me. It is not a thread I'm making for selfish reasons. I'm making this thread for everyone that plays League of Legends, and every person I'm going to meet after I get the job. I want to maximize the amount of people that I can meet so that I can teach more people to get more out of life in general, not just League of Legends, simply because spiritually, I'm a new man because of personal events in my life. I'm just asking Riot to let me join and give me the chance. How cool is that?
For that reason, this post will make League of Legends history. It will be left on the forums for everyone to see. It will be "stickied" somewhere. Because this will show the whole League of Legends community that if you want to improve the game bad enough, and you want to improve your attitude, that you can help others do it to. And all you have to do is ask Riot to give you the chance to do it better, and if you can put forth the effort and show them your ideas before you even get the job by using the forums properly and showing them how you want to mobilize the community you're going to effect to improve their game... Then they will definitely want you on their side. This thread is going to change our League of Legends community forever. Especially since I'm going to use my Riot position to help me start a "Teaching Stream" where I teach new players how to enjoy the game based on attitude alone first, and then teach the finer mechanics later. For that reason, if you've already posted in this thread... Do not be prideful and delete your post. We need this thread to remain as-is as an example for our community. Thanks.
Also, due to the teaching stream, since players everywhere will become less worried about being flamed and angered by people in team chat, they will naturally become better players at the game due to being able to play in a calmer environment. This will enable them to free their hands more... every single game that they play. Do you see pro teams typing? Haha, no. They're using their hands to carry. That's why they have headsets. This means that by creating a calmer environment, we will enable players to mutually respect another player who is only trying to point out a mistake while someone is in the death chamber, since it is in the intent that while that players hands are not doing anything (since they are respawning), all that the person who wants to point out the mistake has to do is either back to base, or sit in a bush out of range of harrass, or on his turret in lane (basically, a strategically safe place) to point out the mistake. This will free up people's hands so much, and their minds so much, that everyone in the League of Legends community is going to get better at this game.
That means more people will reach LCS for the right reasons. They can gel with random people that they don't know well enough to act like a ranked 5's team that is simply practicing in a normal draft queue game as if it were for a ranked game. That means, win or lose, ever match that anyone ever plays, from now on, will always yield something amazing. It will yield the knowledge of how to abuse a champions kit to the best of your ability, the items you build to the best of your ability, the summoners you pick to the best of your ability, and the runes and mastery choices you make to the best of your ability... So since everyone, as a whole community, is now focusing on analyzing (the most important skill for a pro team to have), simply because we changed the "meta," the "common" way to act in the champion select / picks and bans screen... This is what every game is going to look like from now on, ideally, assuming that my system works the way it should... and notice it only takes one person to have the right attitude:
Hey team! I'll fill
On one condition though... I just want team chat to be calm this game. If we can focus on respecting each other's pings by mutually respecting that we all know a little bit about this game, then all we have to do is be calm. I know how to apply the maximum amount of lane pressure in any role, so if you guys pay a little attention to my pings, I can help you take towers the fastest way possible, because even if we don't win KDA, if we win towers, we will win.
Keep in mind, this is a normal draft game. This is not ranked. We get IP whether we win or lose. We're not exchanging any losses or gains in LP for this. So, let's act the way described above so that we can learn the most from this game, and get the most out of our time.
Who's in?"
If one person responds that way to that one phase... and it becomes common for people to do that... Then it will simply become the expectation. Check my match history. You're going to see maybe 76 ranked games this season and a ton of normal games. Why is that? Because I couldn't be confident to play ranked when I can't use the knowledge I have about the game to mutually benefit my team. So until I figured out how to do that and gained more knowledge to make it succeed... I played normal draft games until I figured out that one phase of the game.
It was actually harder to do in normal draft than it is in a ranked game, simply due to the fact that the worst case scenario when solo queuing for a normal draft game is that there could be a premade of 3 or 4 people when you try to pull the team together. Since the premades in both ranked and draft exert more pressure on that phase than the solo queuers, that means it's much harder to make this work in normal than in ranked. That's why my match history is the way it is. That's why my division is only silver 5. I didn't make the mistake of just relying on myself to carry me through solo/duo queue like everyone else. I played a harder scenario and found a way to coordinate the single most important phase of the game every game, even in the worst-case scenario that is far worse than a ranked game. So not only did this vastly improve my skills, this has made me probably the single best person at League of Legends, at this moment, at gelling a team. I can have a team playing my ranked 5's strategies that take into account everything about the way that they build/play a champion (runes, masteries, builds, summoners) so that even if I play something non-meta every game, I can manipulate my strategy to exert the maximum amount of lane pressure every single game as long as I can have the people I'm queuing with copy my basic mastery pages, and some basic runes pages (and a few more advanced setups for specific champions' kit) and win the tower war.
Because of this, I am now the best League of Legends strategist in North America, at the very least. I will prove it to everyone with my new twitch stream that I started this morning. I need some help learning how to set it up. Last night, I turned to C9 Hai's twitch stream chat for help. It didn't work. He will remember why. And it's not because of C9 Hai. It's because of the community's attitudes. I explained my current situation this weekend politely, and his mods banned me because they thought I was a troll. So the only point I am trying to make by bringing this up... is really that I'm begging for someone that understands how to properly setup a stream to help me learn how to use Xsplit properly so I can start teaching people, and bring more legitimacy to the claims I'm making about my team captain and strategy abilities by teaching random people how to play the game to their ability level to maximize their lane pressure so that they can spend more time making exchanges in harass with enemy champions. Because the only thing that takes the most time to learn about league of legends is basically how you can use every part of your champions skill kit with every item you decide to purchase with your gold in order to beat the people you are facing. You can only learn that with experience.
Which brings me to my final point: I will be helping them win more exchanges in lane with the basic builds I will have them start out on (which focus primarily on the defense masteries tree instead of the **** you see all over mobafire builds where they go 21 offense or 21 utility and then 9 in defense because that's what the pros do - people who already understand mechanics and champion comps. These builds on mobafire are not taking into account current skill level in order to maximize time spending making exchanges, because they make the flawed assumption that the player already understands every mechanic in the game, or at least has the analytical skills to figure it out), anyone that watches my stream will learn vast amounts of things about mechanics very quickly. Namely because I will be analyzing every mistake that I see on my screen during the match. I will be using my experience of every game, and my stream of consciousness, to allow other people to learn from learning how I think. That is why my stream, in a month, will be the most featured and viewed stream on Solomid.net. Give me a month to figure out how streaming works, and due to the logic above, I will prove this to the League of Legends Community.

Secondly... you made this Giant Bomb account just to advertise your post over on the LoL community - furthermore telling us that you're "not a giantbomb.com member".

What the hell are you doing here then?

NickyDubz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ill forward this on too Phreak. Expect an interview within the week.

-Riot_Dude

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#79  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Locking this down.

This discussion almost immediately went off the rails and hasn't been very productive for anyone. Directing people from the LoL forums to post their trolling and negative feedback here probably didn't help.

If you want more productive discussion, I highly suggest taking a moment to reassess the way you're delivering your ideas and responding to criticism before creating another thread, whether it be here, the LoL forums, or any other site.