#1 Posted by Jayzilla (2555 posts) -

I think the Giantbomb Game of the Year Award should be some variation of "The Ryan Davis Award for GOTY". It's like the Lombardi Trophy. The best game of the year should be associated with Ryan for all time. What are your guys' ideas for what to name it? Is it a good idea? If not, then how do we make an award that has Taswell's name on it? Let me know in the comments!

#2 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -

Nah, it should be best music.

#3 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

The Davies - Best Use of Ryan Davis.

#4 Edited by Schmollian (259 posts) -

YES

#5 Edited by Atlas (2431 posts) -

I think it would be better if they made a unique Ryan Davis award separate from the GOTY award. Think about it; in 2011 they gave the GOTY award to Skyrim, which Ryan had barely played at all. It would be weird to associate his memory with a game that he didn't/wouldn't really care for.

A better idea would be creating a new award and giving to the game they think he would have loved the most that year, which game spoke to his sensibilities, and which game most reminded them of Ryan and what he loved. Saints Row 4 would therefore pretty much be a lock for The Ryan Davis Memorial Award 2013.

#6 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2008 posts) -

@animasta said:

Nah, it should be best music.

Yup.

#7 Edited by TyCobb (1947 posts) -

I think it should be for Worst Game of the Year. "Ryan Davis' Piece Of Shit Award" or "Ryan Davis' <insert category here> Piece Of Shit Award"

#8 Posted by MocBucket62 (1160 posts) -

@tycobb said:

I think it should be for Worst Game of the Year. "Ryan Davis' Piece Of Shit Award" or "Ryan Davis' <insert category here> Piece Of Shit Award"

I thought the worst game of the year was presented by Alex? Anyways, I think it should be best music.

#9 Posted by Zeik (2261 posts) -

@mocbucket62: I dunno, "Best Video Game Music" isn't necessarily what I associate with Ryan.

Unless it's a game completely devoted to Summer Jams.

#10 Posted by MocBucket62 (1160 posts) -

@zeik: How about best dumb moment in a game? Ryan would probably like an award name after him if its about a really dumb glitch or thing that's in a game.

#11 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -

@zeik: How about best dumb moment in a game? Ryan would probably like an award name after him if its about a really dumb glitch or thing that's in a game.

I came in here to say this. Something dumb in a funny way.

#12 Posted by iAmJohn (6110 posts) -

This is what I'm thinking. The Ryan award should be for something like Pacific Rim (the movie, not the game), something gleefully and fantastically stupid that succeeds because of that stupidity.

#13 Posted by pyromagnestir (4252 posts) -

@atlas said:

Think about it; in 2011 they gave the GOTY award to Skyrim, which Ryan had barely played at all. It would be weird to associate his memory with a game that he didn't/wouldn't really care for.

But he did argue for Skyrim as GOTY. Remember the plot twist? He betrayed Jeff! The turncoat bastard!

Anyways... I'm sure they'll do something come end of the year time.

#14 Posted by JadeGL (764 posts) -

Yeah it should be called The Ryan Davis "That's so dumb!" Award for a Super Dumb Moment in Gaming in 2013... or something

#15 Posted by Daiphyer (1320 posts) -

@jadegl said:

Yeah it should be called The Ryan Davis "That's so dumb!" Award for a Super Dumb Moment in Gaming in 2013... or something

Precisely.

#16 Posted by Jayzilla (2555 posts) -

@daiphyer said:

@jadegl said:

Precisely.

That's legit.

#17 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5269 posts) -

@jayzilla said:

@daiphyer said:

@jadegl said:

Precisely.

That's legit.

I thought this was called for.

#18 Posted by thatdutchguy (1271 posts) -

This shit makes me sad again.

#19 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10556 posts) -

@jayzilla said:

@daiphyer said:

@jadegl said:

Precisely.

That's legit.

I thought this was called for.

I was going to suggest that it should be something like this, but I'm glad you beat me to it.

#20 Posted by RenegadeSaint (1526 posts) -

I actually really like this idea. Something simple just to remember him.

#21 Edited by OurSin_360 (838 posts) -

It should be an award for really really dumb games, since he seemed to love dumb shit so much.

edit, see it's already suggested I think "That's so dumb" is perfect.