Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Edited By Mexalen

...and there was lite!

I've always been proud about my Nintendo DS. First, because I was one of the early birds in europe to have one. Secondly, mine was black, a colour that wasn't even offered around here. Thirdly, and most important, I bought it, when I was to Japan, making the DS kind of a memorablia to my journey. Strange that it's only been 4 years since then, because it feels like decades ago...
While not the proper geek anymore I once was, I still urge shiny stuff... like the DS Lite. And I wanted one, since when it was released, but having a working DS always kept me from spending the money.

Today I finally jumped my own shadow and bought one. It wasn't planned, but I found a cheap offer when visiting former collegues at my previous workplace. The DS screens were always to gloomy and now I realised that the Lights screens are not only bigger but just have a better resolution to. Or maybe my old DS's screens are just not functioning properly anymore.

Anyway ... I couldn't be happier. Even as I wouldn't have wanted a silver DS Lite ... ^^
Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Mexalen

...and there was lite!

I've always been proud about my Nintendo DS. First, because I was one of the early birds in europe to have one. Secondly, mine was black, a colour that wasn't even offered around here. Thirdly, and most important, I bought it, when I was to Japan, making the DS kind of a memorablia to my journey. Strange that it's only been 4 years since then, because it feels like decades ago...
While not the proper geek anymore I once was, I still urge shiny stuff... like the DS Lite. And I wanted one, since when it was released, but having a working DS always kept me from spending the money.

Today I finally jumped my own shadow and bought one. It wasn't planned, but I found a cheap offer when visiting former collegues at my previous workplace. The DS screens were always to gloomy and now I realised that the Lights screens are not only bigger but just have a better resolution to. Or maybe my old DS's screens are just not functioning properly anymore.

Anyway ... I couldn't be happier. Even as I wouldn't have wanted a silver DS Lite ... ^^
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By penguindust

I guess I'll go ahead and ask you the inevitable question...why not a DSi instead of a DS Lite?

Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mexalen

hrhr.. I knew someone would ask :D

1) I don't need the camera
2)  I still occassionally play GBA-games
3) If I wouldn't have gotten the Lite on sale, I still would play with my old DS and squint at it's screens in the sun, because I can't see a thing ;)
ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#4  Edited By ahoodedfigure

Yeah, I would probably pick the lite over the DSi for the GBA compatibility.  That is, if we hadn't bought a GBA Micro just last week.

Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mexalen

I still have my GBA SP, but what's the use of having to carry around severall handhelds? It's like carrying around a digi-cam, MP3-player and Cell-phone ..when the cell can be used for all 3 purposes...